Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

P

paula.nolan42

Good morning all ~ FBG ~ 8.2 @ 08:25

That's 3 mornings in a row that I've been in the 8's - today I feel tired and bleh - I wonder if I am getting a cold or something

Reactions: 17 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
Fbg 4.3 and I had 2 strips of garlic bread baton. It must have a knock on effect. See what tomorrow's will say. Maybe that bad carb takes me 18hrs to process. We'll see. Only carb I've allowed myself for a week. :angelic:
Well done, Maybe your insulin can cope with the small amount of carb in the garlic bread

Reactions: 17 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite a few of us do the LCHF diet "low carb high fat". This diet helps to keep the sugar down along with medication, if you have any. It helps with losing weight, should you need to lose a few pounds/kilos. You could try this. It may be wise to have a low carb snack before you go to bed to avoid liver dump (dawn phenomenon) this is where the body dumps glucose. A snack can avoid this. Good luck ;)
You mention low carb snacks before bed, what kind of snack do you have if you don't mind me asking? I've noticed for weeks now like clock work I wake up after 2 hours of sleep, wondered if snack before bed would stop this liver dump which I'm sure I get. Thanks have good healthy day

Reactions: 19 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all ...8.0 and headaches seem to be the norm lately :(

Reactions: 12 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Good morning all ~ FBG ~ 8.2 @ 08:25

That's 3 mornings in a row that I've been in the 8's - today I feel tired and bleh - I wonder if I am getting a cold or something
Up your fat intake try a tablespoon of good olive oil..or eggs an bacon...avocado

Reactions: 13 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.1 this morning not too bad considering was birthday yesterday and went slightly off the rails a bit well a lot really.

Reactions: 25 people

DR123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
DR123
Hi every body I've been without test strips for 10 days (my fault) I've been sticking to my lchf but itching to know what my bg was
This morning it was 6.1 and after brkfst 6.2 I am pleased because for 5wks it's been 8 to 9 so happy ! Have a good weekend everyone x

Reactions: 23 people
P

paula.nolan42

Up your fat intake try a tablespoon of good olive oil..or eggs an bacon...avocado

Clive, my good man,;) expand on that please, Up my fat intake in general ? If my BGs are high in the mornings :bigtears: - (and they generally come down during the day into the low 5s) - what can I be doing the night before to make the FBG in the morning lower ???

Reactions: 15 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Off subject, but there's a newbie in 'diabetes discussion' and I don't know how to tag Daisy or answer the questions, help wanted please.

Reactions: 10 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Will have a look @doolallylady. To tag type @ immediately followed by their username, no spaces. Look at how I tagged you?

Reactions: 6 people