What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: coffee with cream
L: prawn mayo on one slice burgen bread, almonds
D: pickled eggs, salad.
S: actimel drink, rollmop (pickled herring)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat yogurt, ground flax seeds and few blueberries
L: raw red pepper, cube of cheese, M&S seed snack sachet
D: stir fry veggies with courgette 'noodles'

Reactions: 2 people

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 4 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt (full fat) with a handful of blueberries
L: smoked salmon (approx. 3 oz), 3 tbsp. hummus (topped with harissa) and 4 oz four-bean salad
D: Remains of a Moroccan lamb curry topped with more Greek yoghurt; apple

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Water
L: Water
D: Pork Chops, Spinach, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Sugar Snaps & Cabbage
Small piece of M&S Dark and Intense Chocolate

Reactions: 5 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
D: griddled broccoli with almond, garlic and chilli dressing. Served with mozzarella.
S: Lindt 85% chocolate. Sugar free jelly.

Reactions: 12 people

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My cat has just walked in the door. So happy:cat:
I'm so pleased your cat has come back safe. I'm just looking through this forum for some food ideas and saw your post. My beloved Archie went out of the door last August Bank Holiday and never came back. His brother Olly died not long after pining for him. They were only 2 years old :(

RuffsTheShake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
B homemade low carb quesadilla, guacamole and jalapeño scrambled eggs
S no sugar cookie (not low carb but I had running around to do haha)
L grilled fish with garden salad
S another quesadilla with guacamole

I'm so happy I found a semi reasonable low carb wrap replacement thanks to this forum

Reactions: 6 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hah! Your version is much too complicated :) I hope you have coconut oil in your armoury? It's the best thing... that and butter and cream from grass-fed cows... and 85% Chocolate of course... :)
Hi,
No, I don't have coconut oil - is it the solidified stuff that comes in a pot? I'm not sure how to get hold of grass-fed meat and dairy products in France as I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned on the packagings. I did a quick google and someone said that in the summer cows are generally fed grass and then in the winter it's other things. Maybe organic is the best bet. I do have chocolate, at the moment it's 98%. x

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so pleased your cat has come back safe. I'm just looking through this forum for some food ideas and saw your post. My beloved Archie went out of the door last August Bank Holiday and never came back. His brother Olly died not long after pining for him. They were only 2 years old :(
Aww I'm so sorry for your loss. My cats are like my children so I know how upsetting it is when they leave us. We did have one cat though who disappeared, then turned up in the village a year later, so don't give up hope. Are you planning on getting another cat? :cat:

Reactions: 3 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought the carbs and cals book the other day, it's been a godsend. I'm learning so much be it very slowly.:bookworm:
There's also an app, which you can customise, if you like apps.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456487770.468877.jpg

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
B homemade low carb quesadilla, guacamole and jalapeño scrambled eggs
S no sugar cookie (not low carb but I had running around to do haha)
L grilled fish with garden salad
S another quesadilla with guacamole

I'm so happy I found a semi reasonable low carb wrap replacement thanks to this forum
I read that as 8 homemade low carb quesadillas !

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
b.fast was scrambled eggs with tomato ..lunch was home made cauliflower and broccoli soup with a banana for pudding...i may be wrong in doing this, but test from doc ac1 came back 40 mmols he said ok... but when i look at pre/post bloods on the chart on here i am pre dia. readings so am starting a healthy low carb diet and keeping an eye on bs readings as all mine as i say are above normal..... if anyone thinks i am doing wrong please tell me..i hope people on here that are diabetic dont take offense by me being on here as i had only a 40 mmols reading on a1c test but i want to try and reduce this

Reactions: 4 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
B: fromage blanc with raspberries / coffee and cream
L: vegetable soup and crustless quiche lorraine
for this evening: roast chicken thigh, roquefort sauce, salad (actually starting to crave it now I'm eating creamier, fattier food) and probably also some cooked veg

Instead of concentrating on my work I'm starting to have thoughts of homemade almond butter...

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: coffee n cream, creamy broccoli, chicken thigh

D: roasted broccoli, 3 x fathead pizza, 2 x pepsi max

S: coffee n cream

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
b.fast was scrambled eggs with tomato ..lunch was home made cauliflower and broccoli soup with a banana for pudding...i may be wrong in doing this, but test from doc ac1 came back 40 mmols he said ok... but when i look at pre/post bloods on the chart on here i am pre dia. readings so am starting a healthy low carb diet and keeping an eye on bs readings as all mine as i say are above normal..... if anyone thinks i am doing wrong please tell me..i hope people on here that are diabetic dont take offense by me being on here as i had only a 40 mmols reading on a1c test but i want to try and reduce this
You just got to do what's best for you. At the end of the day low carb isn't going to do any harm. You should test after your banana to see how your blood sugar spikes or not. Get the carbs and cals book or app, it's very easy to use and will really help make the right decision with what your eating. Hope this helps. :)

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You just got to do what's best for you. At the end of the day low carb isn't going to do any harm. You should test after your banana to see how your blood sugar spikes or not. Get the carbs and cals book or app, it's very easy to use and will really help make the right decision with what your eating. Hope this helps. :)

Is the carb and calls book/app in this site Sollis?

Sallies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Greek yogurt, nuts, flax, and seeds
L. Salami and carrot sticks
T. Salmon, brown rice, green beans, peas, carrots, sweetcorn.

Reactions: 5 people