This 8 week 800 calorie a day thing

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your 10 year landmark. Have you been losing again recently?
Thanks. I still have a very long way to go. No I haven't lost any recently. My weight has been going up and down again by a few pounds only.

It's funny that you should ask me today though, because after reading a couple of threads here today I have decided to do another 5 day fat fast. So I'll let you know......:)

Edit: And I've stopped taking the anti-depressants now too so I will have to change my signature. :)

Reactions: 2 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I haven't read all the posts here, will get round to it, promise. This may have been mention but Michael Mosely (he of 5:2 fame) has brought out a blood sugar diet book, quoting Prof Roy Taylor and other research. It is like Prof Taylor's regime but with real food, which I would much prefer. Will take me a few days to complete and I will start next week. I might write a diary.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I haven't read all the posts here, will get round to it, promise. This may have been mention but Michael Mosely (he of 5:2 fame) has brought out a blood sugar diet book, quoting Prof Roy Taylor and other research. It is like Prof Taylor's regime but with real food, which I would much prefer. Will take me a few days to complete and I will start next week. I might write a diary.

There's a few of us attempting it - me included. It's a tough regime but it will be worth it in the end.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Sorry KateA but you maybe you should have read the posts , this thread is about my 8 week 800calorie Michael Mosely diet journey lol.

I'm half way through and cheating a bit but still lost 8lb and 6cm off waist .FBC constantly in the 5 range too

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi @KateA didn't mean to sound rude in my post , I was laughing

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Only a woman can multi-task like that.................Imperial and Metric in the same post :wideyed:

Haha that's because me scales are imperial and my diabetes tape measure is metric .
I started school in 1969 imperial them changed to metric in 71 so I am a mixture lol

Reactions: 7 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
After dancing away at a Jason Donavan concert last night my FBS is 5.2 .
Happy days . I feel well , I'm 10 st 13 this morning and I'm happy about that . It's good to say I'm 10st something rather than 11 st something

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all - my book arrived this morning so I'm going to have a careful read through it. I was diagnosed T2 in October last year and even though I have lost some weight the last half stone is proving rather stubborn! I won't be starting it right away, we're going up to Scotland for a few days next week so I'll wait until we get back

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Pity you weren't here this week the weather is really nice today (and yesterday ).
Where you going ?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Pity you weren't here this week the weather is really nice today (and yesterday ).
Where you going ?
Edinburgh, I'm a knitter and I'm going to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. My cousins live in Alloa so we're going to spend some time with them too

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm in Ayrshire . Edinburgh is my favourite place . I love it . I'm going on a course there for 3 days in April

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Edinburgh, I'm a knitter and I'm going to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. My cousins live in Alloa so we're going to spend some time with them too
I tried to claim knitting as my exercise once on one of Jamrox's activity threads.
They all said 'No'.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I tried to claim knitting as my exercise once on one of Jamrox's activity threads.
They all said 'No'.

Hahaha

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Confession time
I've been off plan for a couple of days . It's day 36 /56 I am going to add 8 days on the end (or more if I go off track again).

So today I'm getting back on track .

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmmmm. OK so you've been off plan. That may not have been a bad thing though, you will have surprised your metabolism and this could possibly be a good thing long term. Who knows? But don't beat yourself up about it, just carry on and see where that takes you. You have achieved what you wanted to achieve with your weight anyway, so all's good. I reckon.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Jamrox I've been following your thread with a lot of interest as I'm also doing the 8 week AND and I've always thought your attitude towards it was sensible so I decided to adopt it, too. It's only my day 8 but if I do go off plan I will just accept that I'm human and not perfect then add that day to the end.

In the book Michael Mosley does say that 8 weeks might not be necessary though. Some of the examples he gave took less time to get rid of enough visceral fat and get below their Personal Fat Threshold.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jamrox I've been following your thread with a lot of interest as I'm also doing the 8 week AND and I've always thought your attitude towards it was sensible so I decided to adopt it, too. It's only my day 8 but if I do go off plan I will just accept that I'm human and not perfect then add that day to the end.

In the book Michael Mosley does say that 8 weeks might not be necessary though. Some of the examples he gave took less time to get rid of enough visceral fat and get below their Personal Fat Threshold.
Exactly that, it's the Personal Fat Threshold that's important and none of us will know where that is, or how long it will take to get there until we are there.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I know in Dr Taylor's research there is mention of a 15% weight loss target so that's my aim (at the moment). Although I am expecting to have to be flexible on that as 15% of the weight I was when I started the Blood Sugar Diet will only take me down to the weight I was when I was diagnosed.