What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

debrasue

Last night: salmon with almost-ratatouille (red and yellow peppers simmered with tomato, oregano and shallots + courgettes fried with garlic and then all simmered together)
Panna cotta with lemon zests infused in the hot cream and truvia to sweeten.

This morning: fry-up
The almost-ratatouille sounds delicious - I'm going to have a go at that! :)

Reactions: 8 people
D

debrasue

B: Scrambled eggs
L; 50g chicken &salad, raspberries & cream (Ohhhh - they were sooooooo good!)
D: Steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower cheese muffins (mashed cauliflower, grated cheddar & parmesan, egg, baked in muffin tins. 110 cals 1.7g carbs each)
1428 cals, 39.9g carbs
Tested at fasting, before and 2 hours after each meal today and got 5s across the board. Very chuffed.

Attachments

• 001 (2).JPG
    001 (2).JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 189
D

debrasue

What's the lowest carb breakfast? Need ideas just getting started with carb counting :)
All of the following have zero or very low carbs: eggs, some cheeses, most meat, most fish and seafood, most dairy products (including cream and butter), olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil and animal fats, tea, coffee. Spinach, avocado, radishes, lettuce, bok choi and celery are very low. Mushrooms, cabbage, asparagus, raspberries, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, slightly higher.
Of course, low-carb doesn't mean low-calorie! :-(
Try this list: http://lowcarbediem.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Zero-Carb-Foods-Low-Carbe-Diem.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 43917

B - blueberry & kale & flax seed almond milk smoothie
L - leftover turkey casserole, whole milk yogurt, apple
D - lentil soup, potato wedges, Greek yogurt
S - piece of cheese

Reactions: 11 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B - Coffee and cream x2
L - Protein roll,ham,cheese,rocket and mayo
D - Sea bass,courgette and cheesy cauli rice
S - Not yet decided ;) Then had 2 pieces 90% choc and some brazil nuts, feel like I've had a bar of chocolate :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Edit: just had a hypo so orange juice and slice of toast :(
Be careful of any medication you are on and make sure you test after taking them (1hr) it could be upsetting your sugars.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Although the panna cotta and bounty's sound nice, I am resisting sweet things. I might go for a panna cotta tho, replacing the sweetener with sultanas, just a few to sweeten it. I dare not make the bounty those will disappear rather too quickly. I love bounty's.

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: porridge (not instant) with blueberries and linseed mix
L: 2 x small roast chicken thighs with green salad
D: The crew fancied a Chinese takeaway. I had 3 x small(ish) salt & pepper ribs, with veg from Mrs C's 'king prawn & chicken with ginger and spring onions'. Pear. Small piece dark chocolate.

Took no.1 son to see a footy match. Didn't have a pie (or anything else) at half-time. Feel virtuous but full of monosodium glutamate.

Reactions: 10 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Be careful of any medication you are on and make sure you test after taking them (1hr) it could be upsetting your sugars.
I think I just took a little to much insulin at dinner time. :(

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Although the panna cotta and bounty's sound nice, I am resisting sweet things. I might go for a panna cotta tho, replacing the sweetener with sultanas, just a few to sweeten it. I dare not make the bounty those will disappear rather too quickly. I love bounty's.
If you want a sweet treat at the end of a meal try making up some sugar free jelly. I make mine with half water, half cream and put it into individual ramekins with blueberries in the bottom. I have also made the orange flavoured jelly with a spoonful of cocoa powder in it to make chocolate orange jelly:hungry:

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you want a sweet treat at the end of a meal try making up some sugar free jelly. I make mine with half water, half cream and put it into individual ramekins with blueberries in the bottom. I have also made the orange flavoured jelly with a spoonful of cocoa powder in it to make chocolate orange jelly:hungry:
I would but Id have to make my own without sweeteners. I do not approve of the manufactured ones. There are articles that state these are making people insulin resistant just as much as sugar. I try to eat clean. Real food only.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Day 7 of Week 1 of 800 Calories Week Blood Sugar Diet - FBG: 5.3 :)
Weight loss: 9lbs! This isn't as good as it sounds though - it does include the 5lbs I temporarily put on while I was on holiay.

Breakfast: Asda Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of Monin hazelnut sugar free syrup (nowhere near as nice as the Lidl Turkish)

Work Lunch: Two boiled eggs and three slices of ham

Dinner: Wild Venison, roast celeriac, broccoli and asparagus plus some red wine gravy/sauce I made with the venison drippings (what there were of them)

Supper: Moser Roth chocolate from Aldi

Reactions: 3 people