Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Went to bed at 5.4 mmol and woke up 5.5 mmol, nice and steady :-0

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
thanks !! sure it will level out shortly

I used 30 carbs ( which I didn't think was too excessive on a 2.5 but it obviously was )
hey ho......... this is our world !!

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
6.8 before bed 5.3 @ 06:30

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.0 at 10 past 10 last night 6.4 this morning. Whether that's too much basal (the drop not the result) or being awake in the night is anyone's guess!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.8 at 10:30 last night, 4.5 this morning :joyful:

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.5 before bed and 8.5 this morning so sort of happy that my basal is correct. Want my figures to be in the 6-7 range will keep trying.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
6.7 before bed, 7.1 on waking, 9.2 40 mins later, 11 an hour after getting up. Not really DP, more getting up "phenomenon". Absolute nightmare. Adjusting basal to make sure the waking rise is flattened.

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 going to bed and 6.7 waking up! Had a few spoons of peanut butter to try to make sure I wouldn't dip lower over night. I'm hoping I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Reactions: 4 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.7 before bed, 7.1 on waking, 9.2 40 mins later, 11 an hour after getting up. Not really DP, more getting up "phenomenon". Absolute nightmare. Adjusting basal to make sure the waking rise is flattened.
I have to bolus for getting out of bed. I even have a formula for the bolus based on my BG, which works surprisingly well.

Reactions: 3 people

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@robert72 Interesting - I've found if I'm in single figures, I usually rise by 3 mmol within the hour for getting to work.
If I'm in double figures, I sometimes reduce by 2 within the hour.
What's your trick for working this out, if you don't mind me asking?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have to bolus for getting out of bed. I even have a formula for the bolus based on my BG, which works surprisingly well.
Yes, this is what I wanted a pump for. I've been adjusting settings and my out of bed rises the last week have been phenomenal. Combined with DP that occurs from about 3am to 10am, it can be a bit of a pain in the backside to control.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@robert72 Interesting - I've found if I'm in single figures, I usually rise by 3 mmol within the hour for getting to work.
If I'm in double figures, I sometimes reduce by 2 within the hour.
What's your trick for working this out, if you don't mind me asking?
Well, my trick only works for me so I wouldn't want to post the numbers here, but I base my bolus on whatever my BG level is when getting up - the higher I am the bigger the bolus. I don't have any carbs for breakfast so it really is just a getting up bolus.

Reactions: 3 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, this is what I wanted a pump for. I've been adjusting settings and my out of bed rises the last week have been phenomenal. Combined with DP that occurs from about 3am to 10am, it can be a bit of a pain in the backside to control.
It's really something I worked out over time by observation, trial and error, so I'm sure you will find a formula that works for you.

Reactions: 4 people

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.4 last night-5.0 this morning. Perfect timing talking about DP for me. I had my MOT today so fancied fasting to get a better cholesterol reading so skipped breakfast and thought I'd check my DP so didn't take any bolus either. 0710-5.0, 0810-5.4, shower and change, 0850-6.5, MOT at 0920, 1030-6.5, 1110-6.6, pre-lunch at 1220- 6.6. What happened to the DP?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's really something I worked out over time by observation, trial and error, so I'm sure you will find a formula that works for you.
Quite. I've lots of observation and tweaking going on. Then I had a revelation as to how stupid I was being this morning. Hopefully tomorrow I should have banished it!

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 going to bed (gave myself a unit cos I could see it was going up, & I have no caution) 4.3 waking

Reactions: 10 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
5.4 going to bed , 5.3 waking .Flat lining, though I don't have a CGM to confirm this.

Reactions: 8 people