Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I hear what you are saying but Ive done it all before. Ive been training in the gym for an hour a day, I know I get bored and stop. I prefer riding my bike outside but the winter is not the best time for me to do this. I used to go swimming but then they closed the pool down. I do not find exercise to be pleasurable and therefore choose not to do it. Some people like the buzz it gives them. I just do not see the point of wasting time when I know its something I will never like and will stop doing.
I totally get it...but we don't need to 'exercise' if we keep ourselves other wise busy...my firm belief is 'use it or loose it'. So what if I don't want to go swim...go backwards and forwards in filthy chemical ridden water or go into gym and pump some iron in stuffy air.. (been there and done that....) I rather do something useful..use my body physically for things that make sense...walk the dog, do gardening etc. it is proven good session of house work is as good as gym session...etc..
Just do what you enjoy as long as your body moves...;)

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My weight today is 9st 10lbs, same as last Friday.
It seems to have stabilised at around this figure. That's ok as I ended Lent Fast last Sunday and I'm eating a midday/mid afternoon meal as well as evening meal.
I will be eating more salads when the weather gets warmer, and still aim to reach 9st 7lbs, or lower by July.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@TooManyCrisps that's an excellent result is view it as 25.9 as very far from being unhealthy :)
Thank you. It's better than the 29+ I was at diagnosis! I need to lose another few pounds to be comfortably into the "healthy" BMI range, and I would ideally like to lose another18 lbs to be at my best-weight-since-before-the-kids weight :). I'd settle for only losing another 10lbs though as long as my blood sugar levels drop further.

Reactions: 7 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Just weighed myself this morning and I NEED to lose 5.5kilos....(12lbs in near enough old money) finding it very hard. Considering going to slimming world. Had knee replacement which meant not moving around as much and just had another bout of cellulitis which requires not moving and with legs elevated when sitting... not a happy bunny.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning on a wonderful Sunday morning in Canberra
Sunday is my weigh in day
84.2kg today or 185.6 which is a loss this week of 1.8lb
FBG's good 3.9 to 4.6 this week
That is 15 weeks of successive weight loss.
Target is 172.4lb so 13lb to go

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, Sunday is my weigh in day. I've finally got rid of that cold, so my appetite has put in a reappearance - weight this morning was 11 stone 10, exactly the same as last week! I'm not complaining, at least I haven't put any on

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Thursday weigh in, lost 1.5lb this week so now 13st 12.25lb no longer morbidly obese, now just obese ha ha :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I said I was going to try and take it a bit easier and in that it seems I've been successful as now at 13st 3lb a loss of 2lb since I last posted. I think there is also the fact as you have less weight to lose it then becomes a little harder the closer you get to your target weight the more work you have to put in. So I'm quite happy with a loss of two pounds now. And I am so glad that so many here are making such great gains or should I say losses :)

All the best John

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
9st 12lbs today, 2lbs more than last Friday, but my bgs are now down to the mid-5s so that's more important, and I don't worry too much about my weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinklady69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started my new healthy journey 4 weeks ago and have since lost 11lbs...my blood sugars two hours after meals vary between 5.4 and 5.8....i think im on the right track :)

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning on a coolish Autumn Saturday morning in Canberra
A Day early as I am heading up to Sydney for the Footy
83.9kg today or 185 lb which is a loss this week of .6lb
FBG's good 4.3 to 4.8 this week
That is 16 weeks of successive weight loss(Just).
Target is 172.4lb so 13lb to go

In a week that included my birthday (and I went to town for that day yummy) I learn t that you can have that day without measuring, and enjoy but you must follow up with a couple of very good control days to pay the piper

Reactions: 8 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1lb lost this week. Only another 15 to go before friends wedding in September (I originally set myself a target of being 10 stone by then). However weight loss has slowed down considerably, plus I have a lot of social events and a holiday coming up in the next 3 months......

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Yay I've started losing again - it's only half a pound but at least it's something :)

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I weigh myself quite frequently but not as regularly as I used to, but still several times a week. I'm 6' 1" and usually weight in at about 12st 4lbs (it varies by the odd pound or two from day to day) but I have a BMI of 22.7. More importantly, I don't have to bend over to see my toes, although my tum isn't completely flat and ripped with muscle. An American website calculator reckons I'm less fat than more than 80% of their population! I follow the LCHF diet as closely as I can, I exercise regularly but not daily and I still get stupidly high BS readings.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to have missed a few weigh ins, Im blaming the dietician missing my appointments lol. Ill be back on fridays.

Reactions: 8 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Another Thursday and today I weigh 13st 8.5lb, so 3.75lb down this week, very happy :)

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a good week for me, I am 1lb heavier than last Friday :bigtears:. Its the first time my weight has gone up since I started my lchf diet 4 months ago. I think I've possibly been too lax on the cheese and nuts i eat for snacks when i get back from the gym at night.

I'll have to make a real effort in the next week and try to lose at least 1lb in the next week.

I hope everyone else has better result than mine.