Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

I was wondering cos someone else's used the word recently "cwtched up on the couch under a blanket'. Asked what she meant but she never replied
Ahh, I know that one! My granny used to say it all the time. It's sort of a cross between hunched and snuggled.
She also used to say "coopie" as in "Go and coopie down over there", which meant 'crouch' or 'squat'. (Particularly useful when you're busy in the garden accompanied by an incontinent almost-2-year-old, I've found!)
:)

Reactions: 4 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And there was me thinking that seaweed was good for you....@toomanycrisps - Our two lads are the same. Whenever I buy things I shouldn't eat, they eat them for me... Along with all the milk.... Pity they won't eat celeriac chips for me.

I must admit to falling off the wagon every once in a while and suffering for it either that night or the following day. Just eaten a cream doughnut and chocolate chip cookie as it's someone's birthday here at work. I may have to limit what I have for supper tonight!!!

Reactions: 7 people
D

debrasue

He's in reigns at mo. Like a galloping horse one min they a snail the next. Ha ha
Wonderful invention, the reins - especially for people like me who aren't very quick on their feet! They were the only means I had of preventing my granddaughters from disappearing over the horizon when they were first walking, and I deeply mourn the fact that now, at 2 and almost 4, they're big enough to refuse to wear them. Do you think leg-irons might be a little excessive....?

Reactions: 2 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All good @maureen5752 . At my last bloods my thyroid was high but gp left meds as as he predicted its low again. Hum... just like my bgs. I'll mention mine tomorrow with dn. Keep warm and keep away from kelp or slimming aids. Kelp (seaweed) is full of iodine which can interfer with the thyroid. :)
Thanks, my thyroid used to go up/down for a time but it's within range last time, I never ever use slimming stuff, never have never would, I weight 60 half kilos, size 12 used to be a size 8/10, 6 when I returned to England, iodine,slimming stuff can really mess with your body, I wish you well with your thyroid take care, thanks for the help, good luck tomorrow

S

Sable_Jan

And there was me thinking that seaweed was good for you....@toomanycrisps - Our two lads are the same. Whenever I buy things I shouldn't eat, they eat them for me... Along with all the milk.... Pity they won't eat celeriac chips for me.

I must admit to falling off the wagon every once in a while and suffering for it either that night or the following day. Just eaten a cream doughnut and chocolate chip cookie as it's someone's birthday here at work. I may have to limit what I have for supper tonight!!!
I think you may

S

Sable_Jan

Wonderful invention, the reins - especially for people like me who aren't very quick on their feet! They were the only means I had of preventing my granddaughters from disappearing over the horizon when they were first walking, and I deeply mourn the fact that now, at 2 and almost 4, they're big enough to refuse to wear them. Do you think leg-irons might be a little excessive....?
You can get more discreet wrist straps, bit like having kid on a lead, just it's not fastened to a collar round their neck (tempting as that may sound )

D

debrasue

All good @maureen5752 . At my last bloods my thyroid was high but gp left meds as as he predicted its low again. Hum... just like my bgs. I'll mention mine tomorrow with dn. Keep warm and keep away from kelp or slimming aids. Kelp (seaweed) is full of iodine which can interfer with the thyroid. :)
Good luck with the DN tomorrow, Vicki - let us know how you get on.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Great News for you. Well done Mum. Not so happy about the so-called "carer" though....but I guess if she's good enough in every other respect I'm not the one to judge
Sorry I didn't make it clear, my younger brother is my mum's carer and he suffers from Aspergers Syndrome ( a type of autism). My brother lives with mum and he offered to look after her when our dad died, although he does have some difficulties (his phobia being one of them) caring for her has been a positive experience for both of them.

Reactions: 11 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
For those who like thick yoghurt, I was buying total yoghurt, £2-50 for 500g, but started making my own again, found new quicker way to make, it's great nice and thick. If anyone's interested I can post the easy instructions on here. It doesn't have to be thick for those who don't like it that way
@maureen5752 I would like to see your recipe as I go through buckets of Lidl's Greek.
Thank you for the offer. Hj

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Sorry I didn't make it clear, my younger brother is my mum's carer and he suffers from Aspergers Syndrome ( a type of autism). My brother lives with mum and he offered to look after her when our dad died, although he does have some difficulties (his phobia being one of them) caring for her has been a positive experience for both of them.
Ah, understand. It's just I've been a carer albeit only for a short while but it amazed me the areas in which some were lacking. One client asked for bacon & egg for his tea. The egg was cooked (in what manner I don't know) but the bacon was put on his plate raw. It was one of the young Asian girls (I believe they don't eat bacon) but it was the fact that as she didn't know she should have asked...
It sounds a good arrangement you have going there. Thanks for explaining

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Did you like it? I did even thou my sister and her hubby weren't impressed. I enjoyed it, in fact.
Yep, it was great! This was the second time we'd seen it and DS had a great time spotting all the things he'd missed in the cinema :)

Reactions: 9 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently I leant a new way to make yoghurt, I eat so much, if you have thermometer it's easier, I've got a meat one!! Biol milk to 180 deg or till boiled, when cooled to 115 deg or just warm to little finger add 1 or 2 dessert spoons. Live yogurt, I use 2 then it's nice solid, first time I used total yogurt, then you can use from the yogurt you made in future. AnywAy, after adding yoghurt to milk I put the yoghurt into a pre warmed oven! Yes oven, warm for 5 mins on lowest heat , Every now then ( every hour) I just top up the warmth in oven for 2/3 mins, do this for about 3 hours on LOWEST heat, then just leave in oven (switched off) over night. Morning thick set yoghurt, done it 3 days running so far, I love yoghurt with flaxseeds. Good luck

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently I leant a new way to make yoghurt, I eat so much, if you have thermometer it's easier, I've got a meat one!! Biol milk to 180 deg or till boiled, when cooled to 115 deg or just warm to little finger add 1 or 2 dessert spoons. Live yogurt, I use 2 then it's nice solid, first time I used total yogurt, then you can use from the yogurt you made in future. AnywAy, after adding yoghurt to milk I put the yoghurt into a pre warmed oven! Yes oven, warm for 5 mins on lowest heat , Every now then ( every hour) I just top up the warmth in oven for 2/3 mins, do this for about 3 hours on LOWEST heat, then just leave in oven (switched off) over night. Morning thick set yoghurt, done it 3 days running so far, I love yoghurt with flaxseeds. Good luck
I got the recipe of Internet. Typed in how to make yoghurt. As in ran we cover with a blanket but family in America put it in warm oven so I looked it up on Internet and tried it, great results enjoy

Reactions: 3 people

Digger-i-doo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ever noticed your blood sugar spike when you're stressed? I was up for most of last night, worrying about a deadline coming up in a few weeks. Too bad I didn't have my work laptop with me ... I could have used my stress-induced wakefulness to power through some of it. Anyways, my fasting BG this morning was higher than it's been since I started testing in January. I'm going to try my best to calm down ... although I'm still feeling anxious about getting it all done and not letting anyone down and I'm going to put my nose back to the grindstone after posting this. I keep reminding myself that nobody will die if everything's not done and perfect by my deadline, and I'm doing my best with a pretty heavy workload. :wacky: All this worrying is wasted energy.

But it's interesting seeing the negative effects of stress showing up as a number on my meter.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Digger-i-doo - Worry and Stress releases Cortisol into the blood, which elevates blood sugar.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @maureen5752 excellent, many thanks, I will give this a go over the weekend... need to get myself sorted. :)

Reactions: 10 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, sorry been a bit absent of late, I had an interview for a new job last week and didn't get it so lots of effort to prep followed by a couple of days of feeling sorry for myself :arghh::rolleyes::facepalm: Current job is horrible due to threats of compulsory redundancies and bullying by management so I'm very keen to move on asap!
My fitbit is doing its job in motivating me to up the exercise a bit more, @hankjam I do find it difficult to sync with the laptop but it 'talks' to my phone no bother. Fasting blood sugars have dipped below 5 again since upping the exercise but my weightloss has stalled (think I'm toning up nicely though).

Still lurking around, sorry if I've missed anything important. William, I'm loving the new avatar, so lovely to see your smiley face :happy:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Had my Bloods done today for my next Diabetic Review at the Hospital on 11th May. And also had another repeated Liver Function Blood Test done (Will find out the results next week when I see my GP) Had the Cosentyx Injections today and they are now monthly.
We went food shopping and bought some Chai Seeds to try - sprinkled a couple of tablespoons in the potato salad for dinner to try.
Hi @Alzebra - Thank You for your lovely comment:), good to see you on the Forum and hope you are keeping well.
Time for my crackerwheats and cheese supper now.

Reactions: 7 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day so far - woke up to 5.0, now after swimming 1.2 km I'm at 5.7 which makes me happy. In my new frugal 'we must eat everything' state I'm having leftover cauli cheese for breakfast It might be LCHF but not sure it works for breakfast for me,

Hope today goes well @ickihun at your appointment, thinking of you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all just tested at 6.1 this morning so happy with that but it is a later test than normal!

Going up to the Spa in a mo for the "Easy Does It" which should be renamed the "Ladies of a certain age with no rythum banging into each other shouting Sorry! " Class then Following that up with an Aqua session.

Working this afternoon then an evening meeting......busy day!

Have a good one x

Reactions: 6 people