Where's everybody from? And what do you do for work?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Galina. I was born in somewhere I only lived in three weeks, lived a lot of places in the US and some abroad, call Washington, DC home. I am verging on old but feel that I've never quite gotten started and act accordingly
"Growing up is compulsory; growing old is optional" :D

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
My names Izzy, I live in Hull. I'm an Electrical Engineer on the rigs, I work internationally at very short notice so I sympathise with how you feel about managing your diabetes and hypos on the road.

Reactions: 2 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya

I know Erdington/Sutton Coldfield quite well. Friends and inlaws live in those areas. And yes Lower Gornal just up the road from us. We live in Wrens Nest so he would probably know that :)

Howdy Neighbour! I'm another midlander, just around the corner in Rowley Regis.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm from Rowley Regis, and I spec up and purchase bearings and bearing related engineering products for a living. Exciting or what???

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I live in Stafford, UK, and a couple of months ago I opted for early retirement. When I was working, my job was to write bids and fundraise for charities. Nowadays, I am a lot happier taking lots of photographs and birdwatching.

Reactions: 4 people

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Retired primary school teacher, Welsh and proud of it, but have lived in London for years.

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live in Stafford, UK, and a couple of months ago I opted for early retirement. When I was working, my job was to write bids and fundraise for charities. Nowadays, I am a lot happier taking lots of photographs and birdwatching.
Isn't retirement wonderful! I love it. And I'm a Welsh woman!

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't retirement wonderful! I love it. And I'm a Welsh woman!
Absolutely! I confess I really miss Wales, but I try to return as much as possible. We are moving to Weston-Super-Mare in the late summer, so I'll be able to get back to Swansea quite easily ... and maybe see the occasional international on home territory ☺

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Swansea market had a great thai place there..

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm Kaye. Born Edinburgh. Lived in Italy, France and now very happily settled in Perth, Scotland. I work at the University of Dundee - Head of Department - love the daily train commute, it's a beautiful part of the country.

Reactions: 4 people

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Howdy Neighbour! I'm another midlander, just around the corner in Rowley Regis.

Hiya to you too. I'm not too familiar with Rowley, know the name not too sure if I could get myself there lol. I've lived in Dudley since 2004 and still finding my way around hee hee

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely! I confess I really miss Wales, but I try to return as much as possible. We are moving to Weston-Super-Mare in the late summer, so I'll be able to get back to Swansea quite easily ... and maybe see the occasional international on home territory ☺
The English part of my family (my maternal grandmother) are all from Weston-Super-Mare so I have been there many times. That was fun when I was a child because there was no Severn Bridge so it took hours to get there and I used to get really car sick!!!!! Usually threw up somewhere around Gloucester!!!!!

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I spent most of my working with substance misusers and W-S-M became a sort of Mecca for treatment centres so I spent many happy years working there. The place has changed a lot over the years and seems to be increasingly developing new housing estates. They've cleared up the seafront a lot now and the new pier has spruced up the beach too.

Because I love photography, nature and birdwatching, I like a lot of the countryside outside the town too. Chew Valley lake is just a skip away and it's not too far to Exmoor either. Getting excited just at the idea of the move now ☺

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I spent most of my working with substance misusers and W-S-M became a sort of Mecca for treatment centres so I spent many happy years working there. The place has changed a lot over the years and seems to be increasingly developing new housing estates. They've cleared up the seafront a lot now and the new pier has spruced up the beach too.

Because I love photography, nature and birdwatching, I like a lot of the countryside outside the town too. Chew Valley lake is just a skip away and it's not too far to Exmoor either. Getting excited just at the idea of the move now ☺
I can just about see Weston Super Mare pier (on a very clear day!) from my bedroom window when I stay at my mum's just across the water. Sure you'll have a great time living there.

D

debrasue

Lol, I wasn't sure if King of the Hill had made its way to the UK or not. I haven't seen a Beavis and Butthead episode in years.

I do live on Texas though. Financial Advisor by profession. Not sure if it's called the same thing in the UK.
Ah, we have lots of names for it in the UK! ;) xx

D

debrasue

Hi, I'm Debra.
I was born in Bristol, moved to London in my 'youf', lived in Surrey and Kent, then moved back to the West Country and had 2 gorgeous kids. They in turn have now got 3 gorgeous kids of their own that I totally dote on. :)
I'm a writer, mainly children's books but some other stuff as well, and I now live contentedly in darkest Gloucestershire.

groovydaz45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!
I'm from Stoke-on-Trent but have lived in Hull for 15 years. I work in an office as an administrator which really is as boring as it sounds. In my spare time I write and edit a story website called Near to the Knuckle.