Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, hope everyone is well. I think I might be coming down with something cos my bgs have been high all week - 7.7 and 7.5 two days running. I haven't been sleeping very well and have been tired and headaches, so I think I'll take it easy today

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Lindy1706 mmm, time will tell how today goes - I was gently losing it last week with the 'I'm sick, can't do anything about it' attitude of some of my fellow course attendees. I guess we are all different and that's what makes the world go round - but why wouldn't you be interested in your own health?

Anyway rant over - the course also means 4 hours out of every Wednesday so better get off here and crack on!
@PenfoldAPD depression comes part and parcel with the fight with diabetes. A long term sufferer can get burn out which can set in in times of other triggers. Life is not guaranteed to be on the level, permanently!
I agree too that they have to contribute towards good health but somethings cannot be avoided and kick you when you're already pulling out all the stops.
I empathise but encourage too. It's ultimately their health but some have never been encouraged to put themselves first. They can feel worthless in times of depression. Luckily it gets lots better but like you said if they start wanting to change things. Some get very very lost.
You can make a huge difference to them by your life experience. Give them it full guns. They'll appreciate it that a stranger has thought they're worth it.
Go get them mate! ;)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are very right @ickihun and my comments were a bit harsh - I've been told off before (not by you) for this. I do completely understand depression, my partner struggles with it and has had very very dark times that I have helped him through. I'm hoping that as people want to come on this course they must 'deep down' be interested in their health. All I want is for people to get better and realise it isn't quite as bleak as it appears, but control needs them to be responsible.

I must learn to be more accepting - and realise that we all deal with issues differently, I'm a very much 'get on with it' type but many others aren't. I'll just hope my enthusiasm wears off on some of the others ;)

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

@debrasue don't know if I'm doing this right but I'm trying to learn. In reply to your txt. Truthfully I don't know how to send photos on here, I'm not very technically minded, I'm not ashamed or frightened to put my pic I just don't know how, the only recent one I've got anyway was taken last year in Islamic dress! Otherwise it's about 5 years ago. I hate photos. Avoid like the plaque. I always look yak in photos. Anyway hope your all well of for mammo today and it's pouring it down (still missing my long curls) get used to it
I've PM'd you, Maureen.
Good luck for today. I have a trip to the dentist planned and it's still pouring down here, too.
Deep joy.
:(

D

debrasue

Morning all, hope everyone is well. I think I might be coming down with something cos my bgs have been high all week - 7.7 and 7.5 two days running. I haven't been sleeping very well and have been tired and headaches, so I think I'll take it easy today
Hope you feel better soon, Barbara. Hugs x
:nurse:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You are very right @ickihun and my comments were a bit harsh - I've been told off before (not by you) for this. I do completely understand depression, my partner struggles with it and has had very very dark times that I have helped him through. I'm hoping that as people want to come on this course they must 'deep down' be interested in their health. All I want is for people to get better and realise it isn't quite as bleak as it appears, but control needs them to be responsible.

I must learn to be more accepting - and realise that we all deal with issues differently, I'm a very much 'get on with it' type but many others aren't. I'll just hope my enthusiasm wears off on some of the others ;)
My arguement has always been - when you're depressed you havent got that fight in you that is normally available to kick its but. Tablets can help short term but once again not for everyone.
@PenfoldAPD i too can get frustrated for some sufferers as I want to do it for them. Poor bug#ers. I'm luckily I only had it mildly once but enough for me to realise how hopeless they can feel.
Luckily mild depression can be turned around quickly. Some aren't so lucky but there is help and it's free. Thank god.
My partner needed counselling too but still not back to his hearty self. He might never be. I support him but good days and bad days.
As you can imagine I take full advantage of the good days.
Some people just get lost and need to find themselves again.
Diabetes can hog the attention from other things and its getting a happy balance.
Which i know you have. I love the fact you have taken diabetes and put it exactly where it needs to be.
You're an inspiration! Enjoy you're day and keep inspiring. :) :) :)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've PM'd you, Maureen.
Good luck for today. I have a trip to the dentist planned and it's still pouring down here, too.
Deep joy.
Started having terrible shakes! Had usual breakfast & 1 hour later sugars 9.1!!!! Drinking plenty of water and trying to keep moving. Good luck with the dentist

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've PM'd you, Maureen.
Deep joy.
Just took ages to get on forum having to keep rejoining don't know what's going on.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752 are you following lchf as I got jerky when I was too strict♥ ?
I don't do strict diet but I do watch the carbs but past few months ate more fat than ever in my life, cream, cheese, eggs, even sausage but they are veggie ones. Perhaps it's stress don't know, am stressed bit today

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't think you wil be seeing much of me. Can't be dealing with taking half hour rejoining every time I want to get on the forum. So if you don't see me take care everyone. Phoned diabetes to see if they can sort it, said they couldn't find me!!! @Giverny

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Started having terrible shakes! Had usual breakfast & 1 hour later sugars 9.1!!!! Drinking plenty of water and trying to keep moving. Good luck with the dentist
Ron had the shakes the other day . Soon as he had eaten some fruit it stopped . Last night in bed his legs and feet began jerking and then his upper body . Needless to say after he couldn't move or feel his legs again . This is the third time this has happened and when we've mentioned it to the doctor he didn't seem at all bothered.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hope you feel better soon, Barbara. Hugs x
:nurse:
Thanks Debra and everyone else for the hugs, DS has gone to college now (he only has half day on Wednesday) so I'm putting my feet up with a cuppa and a magazine.
PS @mo53 William has 2 hospital appointments today, he'll be back on later

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thanks Debra and everyone else for the hugs, DS has gone to college now (he only has half day on Wednesday) so I'm putting my feet up with a cuppa and a magazine.
PS @mo53 William has 2 hospital appointments today, he'll be back on later
Sorry Barbara didn't see your post until after I'd posted - duh!!

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon. Having lunch and it's sunny and 20°C, no clouds today again. FBG at 5.50am was 6.6 mmol/l :)

Reactions: 4 people