Type 2 Life

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also bought the keyboard/case for £140, a bit pricey but I hate on screen keyboards. That's my treats for May lol. :)
Good for you. Treat yourself, you only live once. Enjoy yourself. Hope you have a lot of pleasure using it

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Night night everyone, I'm so tired. :)

Reactions: 2 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been trying to send private message. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Must be old age

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Maureen

If you click the avatar of the person you want to PM then it will give you an opportunity to PM them.

Hope this helps

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Maureen

If you click the avatar of the person you want to PM then it will give you an opportunity to PM them.

Hope this helps
Thanks very much I think Ive sorted it out, wanted to reply to a message. Think I've done it. Have a good evening. Thanks again

Reactions: 6 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning from a grey London. Back to 6.0 today which is good, hoping for the 5s tomorrow. Only 1 strip left so will have to be super focused! Week 5 of my diabetes course this afternoon - not sure if it's worth 4 hours a week but will see out the last 3 weeks ...

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BBQ lamb is fantastic but it has to be marinated in red wine, mint Rosemary thyme and olive oil for a day before hand, then onto skewers and allowed to rotate rotisserie style and the fat allowed to caramalise....Greek style....when I moved back from Cyprus I bought 4 things my three dogs and my Cyprus BBQ, which has 3 huge sword like skewers which turn on a small electric motor. It also has a full set of 15 small souvlaki skewers which rotate using another motor.

Gosh that sounds good, what time are you grilling tonight :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Gosh that sounds good, what time are you grilling tonight :)

Thanks so much. I tried to just slap it in the Barrie....Lesson learned :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 5 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenfoldAPD maybe we need to organise a Diabetes UK BBQ you can invite some of your friends from your course :).

Back to some semblance of normality today so gym then working all afternoon with a meeting at 4:30.

BS at 6.8 this morning, I would have loved to have know what it was yesterday morning after trying to park in the Hospital car park for 40 minutes whilst they let more and more cars in even though there were no spaces.....total chaos and we ended up running the length of the hospital as we were by then 10 minutes late for Husband's appointment.....I now have it sussed......there is a restaurant on site so we will get to hospital early doors and treat ourselves to a good old NHS cooked breakfast prior to any appointments.....it is what I used to advise patients to do with early clinic appointments so really should have taken my own advice!

Have a good day all x

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Have a great day Lindy!

Reactions: 3 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lindy1706 mmm, time will tell how today goes - I was gently losing it last week with the 'I'm sick, can't do anything about it' attitude of some of my fellow course attendees. I guess we are all different and that's what makes the world go round - but why wouldn't you be interested in your own health?

Anyway rant over - the course also means 4 hours out of every Wednesday so better get off here and crack on!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@debrasue don't know if I'm doing this right but I'm trying to learn. In reply to your txt. Truthfully I don't know how to send photos on here, I'm not very technically minded, I'm not ashamed or frightened to put my pic I just don't know how, the only recent one I've got anyway was taken last year in Islamic dress! Otherwise it's about 5 years ago. I hate photos. Avoid like the plaque. I always look yak in photos. Anyway hope your all well of for mammo today and it's pouring it down (still missing my long curls) get used to it

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Tim55 your hba1c must be excellent. I've started r-ala yesterday and I have more energy but I think more due to better fbg and bgs.
My mixed insulin was barely touching my high bgs without canagliflozin tablet.
I'll see how today goes. Yesterday I could pass with just 2 injs. On stopping canagliflozin I had to reintroduce more injections to 3 a day as only 8hr coverage.
I'm hoping to just have to inj 2 times only again today.
I'm taking 60-80units of mixed insulin daily currently but hoping r-ala will help me reduce insulin amounts.
I'll accept 2 inj a day for now but would like to reduce insulin dramatically. I'm taking 100mg 2 times a day. Today I'll take 3 times a day. My next stock comes in 300mg and half the price I paid in Amazon but to be fare Amazon have give me 25% discount on next r-ala order.
Remind me again how much r-ala do you take daily? 100mg or 300mg?
I've started dandelion root to help with water retention which has been encouraged by canagliflozin but still lingering.
Thanks for support. Vicky :)