What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

debrasue

B: Coconut chunks
L: Sukrin roll, duck pate, sliced tomato
D: Chicken tikka masala, brown rice; chia pudding & black cherries
Carbs: 78.2g
:)

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Opened the cashews, managed to stop at half a packet but then I opened the ginger popcorn........:banghead:

D

debrasue

B: Chia pudding, black cherries
L: Low-carb crackers, duck pate, sliced tomato; pear
D (will be): Ribeye steak with onion gravy, roasted celeriac, cheesy leeks, peas
S: Peanut butter, coconut chunks

Got the Ravenous Munchies this afternoon. I know exactly why...
1. Chia pudding for breakfast - I should have stuck with the eggs, they are a tried & tested appetite-satisfier.
But probably more relevantly.....
2. I baked the other half a "real" chocolate & cherry fruitcake yesterday because I felt sorry for him having to put up with all my LCHF stuff, and it's been sitting there ever since, whispering to me from under the glass dome of the cake stand......... :eek:

Its now sliced up and bagged, and put away in the fridge where I can't see it!

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! we are turning into Carboholics Anonymous!

Right, so back to the straight and narrow. My promised greenery arrived yesterday:

B: coffeencream
L: small portion of chicken korma and caulirice
D: chilli halloumi, beef tomato, coleslaw and huge spinach/green salad.

Today
B: eggnbaconnbubblensqueak and a baby pain au chocolat (which was yum)
L: unnecessary
D: will be a fridge trawl. possibly another salad with smoked mackerel. I am in love with smoked mackerel after years of disliking it. Odd, but am pleased with the change.

D

debrasue

Haha! we are turning into Carboholics Anonymous!

Right, so back to the straight and narrow. My promised greenery arrived yesterday:

B: coffeencream
L: small portion of chicken korma and caulirice
D: chilli halloumi, beef tomato, coleslaw and huge spinach/green salad.

Today
B: eggnbaconnbubblensqueak and a baby pain au chocolat (which was yum)
L: unnecessary
D: will be a fridge trawl. possibly another salad with smoked mackerel. I am in love with smoked mackerel after years of disliking it. Odd, but am pleased with the change.
Carboholics Anonymous - I love that!! :joyful:
How do you make your bubblensqueak, Brunneria?
I have to agree with you about the smoked mackerel - I am a big fan of mackerel in any form. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were out at a cafe for brekkie - it looked like a diced fried potato, mash and kale combo. With a smidge of garlic. Very small portion - barely a blip on the carb horizon.

To my surprise, i can't ever remember making bubble and squeak... Surely i must have...

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

We were out at a cafe for brekkie - it looked like a diced fried potato, mash and kale combo. With a smidge of garlic. Very small portion - barely a blip on the carb horizon.

To my surprise, i can't ever remember making bubble and squeak... Surely i must have...
I wonder if you can do it with celeriac... I can't imagine why not.
I cooked roast celeriac chunks in goose fat this evening, and it was scrummy!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: sausage bacon mushrooms and scrambled egg
L: mackerel from a tin, bit heavy - and eaten too close to a swim :)
D: Bella Italia, disaster really but maybe just poor branch wth rubbish service. Prawns in oil, hot - unpeeled! Then steak, sent back chips I didn't ask for - bowl of cherry tomatoes, salad. Rubbish choice for LCHF but do offer spiralised veg instead of pasta.

At cinema had half a bar of 80% while watching X-Men

BG 4.9 when I get home :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: small butter chicken (no rice), coffee n cream

D: hamburger made with 2 hamburger patties, an egg, mayo, BBQ sauce and 2 oopsie buns

S: coffee n cream, LC cheesecake slice, 2 x pepsi max

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Saturday 21/5 16 AM reading 5.2
B Cheese and tomato omelette
S 1 plum
L 2 rivitas / peanut butter and half a mashed banana / Turkish greek yogurt / raspberries / blueberries
D fresh cod fish /corn on the cob / salad // coconut and vanilla greek yogurt / blackberries
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 4.9

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very exciting morning!

My friend and I went for our usual Sunday confab, set the world to rights, coffee and brekkie, followed by dog walk.

We got to our cafe, sat outside, dogs at feet, and ordered breakfast (Me: eggs and bacon and mushrooms and beans and coffee, Her: sausage bun with tomato sauce, ***!) Anyway, they ballsed up, and I was brought a Medium breakfast with sausage, egg, fried bread, tinned tomato, mushroom, black pudding, bacon and scalloped potato thingies (I never have them usually, so am not even sure if that is the right name for them?)

Deep apologies. Don't know how it happened. Sorry. So busy there will be a 30 min wait for your actual order. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

What could I do? I graciously accepted their huge plate instead of my smaller, cheaper, order. And ate the lot. Rude not to, eh? Well, except the tinned toms which are an abomination on a breakfast. The dogs had the sausage later on walk.

And you know what the best bit is? I wasn't wearing a Libre sensor, and I didn't have my prick tester, so obviously, the carbs didn't affect me. ;)

Brill eh?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so going to try those Marmite cashews, at least I know they will be safe from the rest of the home crowd as hubs and son don't like Marmite, YAY at last a nibble just for me.......heaven......thank you so much.......:joyful:

D

debrasue

Very exciting morning!

My friend and I went for our usual Sunday confab, set the world to rights, coffee and brekkie, followed by dog walk.

We got to our cafe, sat outside, dogs at feet, and ordered breakfast (Me: eggs and bacon and mushrooms and beans and coffee, Her: sausage bun with tomato sauce, ***!) Anyway, they ballsed up, and I was brought a Medium breakfast with sausage, egg, fried bread, tinned tomato, mushroom, black pudding, bacon and scalloped potato thingies (I never have them usually, so am not even sure if that is the right name for them?)

Deep apologies. Don't know how it happened. Sorry. So busy there will be a 30 min wait for your actual order. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

What could I do? I graciously accepted their huge plate instead of my smaller, cheaper, order. And ate the lot. Rude not to, eh? Well, except the tinned toms which are an abomination on a breakfast. The dogs had the sausage later on walk.

And you know what the best bit is? I wasn't wearing a Libre sensor, and I didn't have my prick tester, so obviously, the carbs didn't affect me. ;)

Brill eh?
@Brunneria, you crack me up!!! :joyful:
100% winner!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over indulged today! Sunday though so it's almost accepted...

White bagel, two fried eggs and tomato sauce for brunch.

KFC fillet tower burger meal with hash brown and cheese. Pre-meal was 4.4mmol/L and after 11 units novorapid I was 8.7 two hours after! Correcrion dose of 2 units bringing that meal to a staggering 130g carbs! Wow. No wonder I don't eat fast food often.

Cheers,
Grant

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

KFC fillet tower burger meal with hash brown and cheese. Pre-meal was 4.4mmol/L and after 11 units novorapid I was 8.7 two hours after! Correcrion dose of 2 units bringing that meal to a staggering 130g carbs! Wow. No wonder I don't eat fast food often.

Cheers,
Grant
(the responsible T1D...)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

debrasue

B: Scrambled eggs & 2 slices Nimble toast with butter
L: Sukrin roll, cheese, butter; half a pear
D (will be): Roast pork, roast celeriac, sweetheart cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, peas, gravy; the other half of the pear
Carbs: 59.4g

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: became a brunch in the garden with friends! Crustless egg and bacon tart, mackerel pate - and prosecco :) ... well it is Sunday

D: cheese, LivLife bread and a couple of items from today's baking adventure. Coconut macaroons and Peanut butter cookies - both very good. Will be taking to my diabetes course this week to prove you can cope without sugar!

25203fa50aa8450ffc0759b4c3246b73.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Cheers,
Grant
I must confess, I had a McDonald's. I took 100 units of humalog, 10.7 two hours after. So obviously still not enough meh!! :mad:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
SUNDAY 22/5/16 BG reading before breakfast 4.6
B 1poached egg / 1 slice Burgen Bread
L Half a slice wholemeal bread / salmon and cucumber 2 grapes and 1 slice of apple. { ate out }
S 1 pkt pork scratchings 3pm
S 1 small tub greek coconut and vanilla yogurt 5pm
D Cauliflower and broccoli mashed in butter / 3 slices dry cured bacon. Single cream / blackberries. 7.30pm
BG reading 2hs later 4.4

D

debrasue

B: Scrambled eggs, Sukrin low-carb roll with butter
L: Chia pudding, black cherries, half a pear
D (will be); Roast pork, bubble & squeak (cooked in butter, & with celeriac instead of potatoes), gravy
Carbs: 33g