What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry of subject, hopefully a administrator will read this. I befriended someone on here a while ago and the person added me on Facebook. This person has just sent me a private message on Facebook asking to lend £200. Now I have blocked the person on FB. I can't seem to find them on here, but I didn't want anyone else to experience this. I didn't know where to post this, sorry. Could a administrator please private message me please.

If you would like to bring this to Admin's attention, you can tag him using the @ prefix to his user name on any thread. How about you start a thread to isolate it? If you want to contact him privately, the please do so via PM, in the same way you would contact another forum user.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you would like to bring this to Admin's attention, you can tag him using the @ prefix to his user name on any thread. How about you start a thread to isolate it? If you want to contact him privately, the please do so via PM, in the same way you would contact another forum user.
Thanks, what is his name?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just my standard brekkie... Bullet proof coffee, Good Green Stuff, Clean Lean Protein, vit C, chia seeds and lots of water:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm making some more lemon curd this weekend, Arlene, and I'm going to give the meringues another try...
Let me know if you manage to successfully make meringues. I have tried on several occasions to make them after making lemon curd and having loads of egg whites left, but they have been really horrible and so have just thrown them away - really rubbery:eek:

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: crackers and a large amount of cheese! Home made strawberry ice cream (had a large punnet of strawberries on the turn and had to do something with them;)) with a chocolate brownie:oops:
D: bolognaise; courgetti with stilton. Debating whether it is wrong to have more ice cream!

D

debrasue

Let me know if you manage to successfully make meringues. I have tried on several occasions to make them after making lemon curd and having loads of egg whites left, but they have been really horrible and so have just thrown them away - really rubbery:eek:
@amgrundy and @Mongolia - no success yet on the meringues, I'm afraid.
I tried making them with erythritol this time, as the stevia didn't work (rubbery and horrible, as you said).
These were crisp when they came out of the oven and I thought I'd cracked it. Unfortunately though, when I tasted them - although they were chewy in the middle - there was very little substance to them and I didn't like the taste. They weren't actually sweet; it's difficult to describe, but they left a strange, 'cold' aftertaste in the mouth. Also, by the time they'd been out of the oven for an hour or two they ended up rubbery and flaccid, so I threw them away.
Ah well, back to the drawing board.....

D

debrasue

B: Bacon, sausage, mushrooms, scrambled egg
L: Strawberries and cream
D: Chicken salad with some gorgeous, runny Camembert and half a Sukrin roll; melon & kiwi fruit
Carbs: 23.3g

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B bacon scrambled egg coffee

L steamed salmon salad

D burger in lettuce cheese bacon Mayo onions. Chia choc pudding.

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Bacon, sausage, mushrooms, scrambled egg
L: Strawberries and cream
D: Chicken salad with some gorgeous, runny Camembert and half a Sukrin roll; melon & kiwi fruit
Carbs: 23.3g

Well done;)

I began my first 4 day fast 2 hours ago. Doc wants me to do this for 4 weeks completing my guest 12 weeks of LCHF.

I'll give it my best...feed back to follow:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cup of tea.
L: homemade coronation chicken, lettuce.
Afternoon at car boot, bought two punnets of local strawberries. Ate one punnet on way home :sorry:. But to be fair there was only about 10 in there and husband wouldn't have any and I was feeling sorry for myself with my sore hand.
D: crustless broccoli and cheese quiche.
Cold coffee and loads of water.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done;)

I began my first 4 day fast 2 hours ago. Doc wants me to do this for 4 weeks completing my guest 12 weeks of LCHF.

I'll give it my best...feed back to follow:)

So do you eat absolutely nothing for four days? Well done if you can! Unfortunately being on insulin I couldn't even do one day.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So do you eat absolutely nothing for four days? Well done if you can! Unfortunately being on insulin I couldn't even do one day.

Yep... lots of drinks and no rip to keep my salt up.. But that's it. Not even sure I can do it yet...we'll see :)

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
Hi everyone
Is artificial sweetener harmful to our health?
I love coffee and always add Splenda - no calorie Sweetener to my coffee.
Will this spike my blood sugar?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing...I'm on the first day of my 4 day fast:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
SUNDAYS FARE
B half a lidl roll / homemade lemon curd
S Alpro greek yogurt / blackberries / raspberries
L 4 bakers choice cream crackers / crackerbarrel cheese / 2 tbls of tuna and sweetcorn / mayo
S half a pear 1 bottle of zero coke
D bacon / cabbage cooked in best butter / rest of the yogurt and rasp and black berries.
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 4.5