Type 2 Life

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm really sorry to hear you're not well, Maureen - hugs x
Breakfast for me can be along the lines of eggs - boiled, poached, fried or scrambled, good sausages, low-carb toast with peanut butter and sliced kiwis, bacon, Brunneria's Cinnamon Crunch with whole milk, Coyo yoghurt, chia pudding, berries and cream or frittata. Lunch can be hummus and vegetables, homemade soup, an omelette, a sandwich with cold meat or cheese on low-carb bread, or salad, especially with prawns or tinned or baked fish.
Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.
Big hugs xxx
Thanks some great ideas you've given me tho I never touch cheese now, not ate prawns for years but gonna try, I bought some seeded sour dough bread other day, was great! First time not had tummy trouble, suffered ibs for years, had many ops in that area, tubes, gallbladder, appendix, hernia, seems sourdough suites me , but only occasionaly got to watch the carbs, hope your well, have a great weekend & thanks again some great ideas you've given me, silly me gave all my cook books to my daughter recently, I don't mind tho. (sister pinched all the othere's year ago when I was abroad) raining here again

Reactions: 4 people

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
in the past week, ive been susceptible to an abundance of hypo's and near-hypo's. this morning my blood sugar monitor read 3.9. I soon counteracted the hypo with a complex carbohydrate (marmite sandwich) and a sweet hot drink. It came up to 5.9. Then after 1 bowl of crunchy-nut cornflakes it became 8.8.

ive been finding this a lot. my Christian friend matthew wondered if I need my metformin lowered from 1000 mg to 500 mg.

apart from that, my adhd, Asperger syndrome and depressive illness sometimes with psychotic features has been kind to me and ive had no symptoms to report of either 3 conditions. my carer did a good shop from Iceland (a supermarket in my local area) and spent £31.75 out of my £70.00 personal allowance from my corporate appointee. I feel happy about this.

I still have no operational sky broadband and my landline has now been disconnected until my financial guardian pays sky my bill of £391.74 on 22/7/16. as a consequence, im at tate south lambeth public library at present updating you all.

a very good afternoon to my lovely friends of www.diabetes.co.uk.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
in the past week, ive been susceptible to an abundance of hypo's and near-hypo's. this morning my blood sugar monitor read 3.9. I soon counteracted the hypo with a complex carbohydrate (marmite sandwich) and a sweet hot drink. It came up to 5.9. Then after 1 bowl of crunchy-nut cornflakes it became 8.8.

ive been finding this a lot. my Christian friend matthew wondered if I need my metformin lowered from 1000 mg to 500 mg.

apart from that, my adhd, Asperger syndrome and depressive illness sometimes with psychotic features has been kind to me and ive had no symptoms to report of either 3 conditions. my carer did a good shop from Iceland (a supermarket in my local area) and spent £31.75 out of my £70.00 personal allowance from my corporate appointee. I feel happy about this.

I still have no operational sky broadband and my landline has now been disconnected until my financial guardian pays sky my bill of £391.74 on 22/7/16. as a consequence, im at tate south lambeth public library at present updating you all.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry to hear your having problems, hope it all gets sorted soon, try not to worry it won't do your sugars any good, take care of yourself. God bless (hugs) x

D

debrasue

Hi, Johnny. I'm sorry to hear about the hypos - have you spoken to your doctor or diabetic nurse about this?
It's good that you know what to do to counteract the hypos, but it would be better if they were not occurring in the first place, so it might be a good idea to speak to your health provider about it.
Hugs

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Thanks never thought of that, seems like I'm losing my marbles now I'm 64!!!! Ha ha. Received pensioners travel pass 2 days ago!!!!
Ron lost his too lol and he's only 45.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She sounds as if she knows her stuff and has done a good job. Well done to you, too, on the HbA1c reduction and the weight loss! The new diagnosis is a bit of a fazer but, realistically, you are in the same position as you were yesterday except at least now you know exactly what you are dealing with. And hopefully the new meds will be a success. Your positive attitude, too, will stand you in good stead - as I'm sure it aways has done.
Well done, Cumbs - you are a great role model and a source of inspiration to the rest of us!
(I hope you're not going to abandon us on the T2 forums now!!!)
Big hugs xxx
:)
We should get a petition started, don't want to lose Cumberland, should make this forum for type 1& 2 life.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why do we need a petition? I thought anyone could post anywhere... I'm sure Cumbs won't abandon us!
:)
Sorry didn't answer was doing job, was joking, Cumberland mentioned maybe being type 1 now, this being called type 2 life. Apologies

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thank you for your wonderful support ladies and gentlemen

I don't want to abandon type 2 life or FBG in the morning

I have only been type 1 for a day lol

Folk on here really do stand up and get counted when it comes to supporting each other

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Consultant is pleased with my progress because this time last year I was in hospital with bloods of 59.4 and an HbA1c of 102

Now my bloods average 8-10 and HbA1c is 55

She also reclassified me from Type 2 to Type 1 (I'm not bothered by this) and has switched to a new basal insulin called Toujeo (never heard of it but she said it's more concentrated than Humulin I and thinks it will get me down to within range) she has stopped my metformin (6 X daily) but kept me on Novorapid insulin with food

She is pleased with my weight loss and says I should stick around where I am at present

So that's it in a nutshell oh and she asked what changes I had made and I told her that I was eating less carbs and she said I was doing the right thing

She was very thorough went back looking at my notes throughout my life and said Pancreas Divisum and Pancreatitis were significant in her opinion in diagnosing me from type 2 to type 1

I had always thought I was type 1 seeing as my grandfather had it along with one of my sisters and a few nephews and nieces so it's no big deal

Thank you for enquiring @debrasue x

Great to see your hard work has paid off you should be well pleased ian : Inspirational Indeed

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your wonderful support ladies and gentlemen

I don't want to abandon type 2 life or FBG in the morning

I have only been type 1 for a day lol

Folk on here really do stand up and get counted when it comes to supporting each other
Good job your not leaving us I'd have got all the clan together on a mini bus to Cumbria, joke. Well maybe not

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Evening. FBG 4.8 mmol/l. Had a mini hypo yesterday evening. Feeling okay now. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This thread has been very quiet of late. Any reasons ?

D

debrasue

This thread has been very quiet of late. Any reasons ?
I suspect that the thread you started - "What are you doing right now?" - has taken over a bit recently. If we get stuck in "verbal ping-pong" on there (which I frequently do!), then we can't be on here at the same time...

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I suspect that the thread you started - "What are you doing right now?" - has taken over a bit recently. If we get stuck in "verbal ping-pong" on there (which I frequently do!), then we can't be on here at the same time...
I started that thread in Jan 2015, long time before this and still wondered why regulars aren't posting on this one as much as they used too. :)