Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
By that 2 weeks flew by! Did he go back well rested?
Not sure about that Vicky. He messaged me at lunch to say he had a loud cracking sound from his back and has been aching ever since.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So my Mum told me this morning my Dad was having tests as he had been feeling really tired .... you know where this is going? Apparently he is on the threshold. Guess I'll be spreading the gospel accordingly to LCHF in my family. He is just as trim as myself so hoping he can maybe manage it that way - I feel so sad for him though, he is 74.
Bless him. Maybe his pancreas is aging. May not be insulin resistant. He may need insulin to support him.
Although diabetes due to aging/tired pancreas is called type 2 many need the insulin for support.
There is no shame nor anything your dad can do to stop it. If he has it.
Low iron or low potassium is also common in older people.
I hope he hasn't got it. ♡♥♡

Edited by a mod to avoid confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
before n after.jpg

I know I haven't posted in ages (sorry) but I wanted to share my birthday photos. On the left is my 40th (2014) and today's photo is on the right :joyful:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
WOW! You fabulous person you. Well done and thank you for posting your photos. Talk about an advert for what low carb can do. Your diabetes control must be awesome. p.s. We missed you

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
View attachment 19838

I know I haven't posted (sorry) but I wanted to share my birthday photos. On the left is my 40th (2014) and today's photo is on the right :joyful:
Wow you look wonderful. I bet your delighted with your weight loss.
Are you still exercising too?
I bet you're on your way to a lower hba1c too.
Can I contact you in the future for some guidance?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Alzebra - You look absolutely fantastic and what an achievement......Stunning. :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So my Mum told me this morning my Dad was having tests as he had been feeling really tired .... you know where this is going? Apparently he is on the threshold. Guess I'll be spreading the gospel accordingly to LCHF in my family. He is just as trim as myself so hoping he can maybe manage it that way - I feel so sad for him though, he is 74.

That's a downer @PenfoldAPD wish him and your family well.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Watched Brian Cox prog on BBC1 tonight.... just great way of explaining ideas...
"Waterfall of protons cascading...." lovely stuff with great pictures.
Worth every penny of the license fee.
:happy:

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@debrasue keep your boots handy, might need some back up, me harrassment is on my back again! Think I'll emigrate or feed him some cheese, they say rats live cheese. You ok? Learnt yesterday that the sharps containers are free on prescription for diabetics, never knew that before. Asked surgery for prescription, don't know if I'll get it. Everyone ok today? @Alzebra congratulations. @hankjam. Your right. Brian cox wS very interesting & great scenery

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi. Been a busy day. Knackered and bed soon. FBG 7.8 mmol/l:)

Reactions: 3 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 19838

I know I haven't posted in ages (sorry) but I wanted to share my birthday photos. On the left is my 40th (2014) and today's photo is on the right :joyful:

Sorry, I poked my nose in & saw your post.. Happy birthday & wishing the best on the great new look..! :cool:

JenniferG

View attachment 19838

You look beautiful! Good work on all that weight loss! I've just started. Doing the LCHF and Intermittent Fasting thing. Lost 43 pounds (3 stone) since May 9th. I am 379 pounds (27 stone) now.. got a couple hundred pounds (14 stone) to go. How many plateaus did you hit along the way? How long have you been overweight? I am 45 and I weighed over 300 pounds at age of 13 -- so I've read it's going to be pretty hard to lose it all.

Good thing is I am now off 120 units of insulin and just quit Metormin the other day. So I am now diabetes med free, and in the Normal range just below prediabetic. A1C of 9-11 for four years, now projected A1C of 5.8

D

debrasue

@debrasue keep your boots handy, might need some back up, me harrassment is on my back again! Think I'll emigrate or feed him some cheese, they say rats live cheese. You ok? Learnt yesterday that the sharps containers are free on prescription for diabetics, never knew that before. Asked surgery for prescription, don't know if I'll get it. Everyone ok today? @Alzebra congratulations. @hankjam. Your right. Brian cox wS very interesting & great scenery
Boots are by the door and waiting, hun - just say the word and we'll come and give him a good kicking for you!
Yes, I'm good thanks, although this hot weather makes it hard to sleep at night. Hope are you coping with it? The good thing is that I don't feel like eating anything much, but the bad thing is that it seems to be pushing my BGs up again, which had only just started coming down again after the antibiotics. Anyone else having this problem?
You take care Maureen and I hope the rat problem diminishes for you. Always ready for a chat if it's getting you down...
Bug hugs xxx