Type 2 Life

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You look beautiful! Good work on all that weight loss! I've just started. Doing the LCHF and Intermittent Fasting thing. Lost 43 pounds (3 stone) since May 9th. I am 379 pounds (27 stone) now.. got a couple hundred pounds (14 stone) to go. How many plateaus did you hit along the way? How long have you been overweight? I am 45 and I weighed over 300 pounds at age of 13 -- so I've read it's going to be pretty hard to lose it all.

Good thing is I am now off 120 units of insulin and just quit Metormin the other day. So I am now diabetes med free, and in the Normal range just below prediabetic. A1C of 9-11 for four years, now projected A1C of 5.8

Hi Jennifer, congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far! I've always been overweight (and still am now, but no longer obese!) but since having kids (early 2000's) it just piled on. I was about 24 stone in the 'before' photo and I'm 13 stone now. I had a few plateaus along the way, but as the pounds came off I was able to up my exercise a bit and for my LCHF one year anniversary I treated myself to a fitbit tracker. I can comfortably walk 5 miles now and am considering trying the couch to 5k programme to start running :wideyed:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Boots are by the door and waiting, hun - just say the word and we'll come and give him a good kicking for you!
Yes, I'm good thanks, although this hot weather makes it hard to sleep at night. Hope are you coping with it? The good thing is that I don't feel like eating anything much, but the bad thing is that it seems to be pushing my BGs up again, which had only just started coming down again after the antibiotics. Anyone else having this problem?
You take care Maureen and I hope the rat problem diminishes for you. Always ready for a chat if it's getting you down...
Bug hugs xxx
Butt kicking Debra strikes again - you tell him girl! I've been having very restless nights in this hot weather too, it's just impossible to drift off like I usually do. My fbg isn't too bad but I find myself running higher in the afternoon when it's warmest.

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

Butt kicking Debra strikes again
LOL! Well, I'm not that steady on my feet, but I have developed other strategies to make my feelings known! I may be a bit wobbly, but I'm no pushover! :cool:
I had 2 fans on in the bedroom last night and a misting spray bottle, which works well for keeping me cool but doesn't do much to help me go to sleep - I was still tossing, turning, fanning and misting at 2am! I had a reading of 6.7 before bed, and 5.7 this morning, both of which are a bit higher than normal and I'm pretty sure it's down to the heat.
I was supposed to go for my first retinal screening this afternoon, but I have postponed it until the beginning of August. I know it's important, but I'm just not up for the stress of getting there on what's going to be the hottest day of the year so far. In fact, the new appointment is at a different location and much more convenient for me, so I'm happier staying here where I know I can keep cool today - in all senses of the word!
Big hugs, Barbara - have a lovely day xx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
LOL! Well, I'm not that steady on my feet, but I have developed other strategies to make my feelings known! I may be a bit wobbly, but I'm no pushover! :cool:
I had 2 fans on in the bedroom last night and a misting spray bottle, which works well for keeping me cool but doesn't do much to help me go to sleep - I was still tossing, turning, fanning and misting at 2am! I had a reading of 6.7 before bed, and 5.7 this morning, both of which are a bit higher than normal and I'm pretty sure it's down to the heat.
I was supposed to go for my first retinal screening this afternoon, but I have postponed it until the beginning of August. I know it's important, but I'm just not up for the stress of getting there on what's going to be the hottest day of the year so far. In fact, the new appointment is at a different location and much more convenient for me, so I'm happier staying here where I know I can keep cool today - in all senses of the word!
Big hugs, Barbara - have a lovely day xx
Lol that's a good plan - I was invited to a coffee morning by a couple of old school friends today but it would have meant sitting on a hot smelly bus for half an hour to get there. No thanks! The best thing about losing weight is that I'm able to get back in my favourite maxi skirt so I shall also be chilling out today :) Big hugs to you too xx

JenniferG

Hi Jennifer, congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far! I've always been overweight (and still am now, but no longer obese!) but since having kids (early 2000's) it just piled on. I was about 24 stone in the 'before' photo and I'm 13 stone now. I had a few plateaus along the way, but as the pounds came off I was able to up my exercise a bit and for my LCHF one year anniversary I treated myself to a fitbit tracker. I can comfortably walk 5 miles now and am considering trying the couch to 5k programme to start running :wideyed:
About how long would you say you were obese? I've been morbidly obese since 13. I hear it's hard to lose it the longer you have been morbidly obese. You've accomplished so much, seems to defy what they say! Maybe it's the LCHF diet and less insulin resistance because of it :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
About how long would you say you were obese? I've been morbidly obese since 13. I hear it's hard to lose it the longer you have been morbidly obese. You've accomplished so much, seems to defy what they say! Maybe it's the LCHF diet and less insulin resistance because of it :)
@JenniferG you are an inspiration to me. I'm restarting my lchf this week. Im hoping to see a sign of weight loss this time. I need to lose 10st but id be happy with anything right now.
Do you have any other medical problems other than diabetes type 2?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Going to do something I have not had the courage to do so far. This was me photographed with my son about 18 moths ago
can't seem to get this right.

Myself%20and%20Adrian_zpsaaysptul.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Me now 6 stones lighter still as daft looking as ever but a little different I think. That is what preds can do to you given enough time.oh and date on camara was looking to the future a little bit.

PICT0174_zpswnnyefqu.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@debrasue Thanks but I've still got a little way to go but I do like the new me. It was the first photo gave me a kick in the but.

Last edited by a moderator:

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
wow from me too @JohnEGreen - what a difference!!

Well done big style!

wilmac56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too much exercise
Hello All,
I am very new to this website.
Thank you for posting such useful information as well as tips on how to move forward in difficult times.

Kind regards
Wilma Cordell

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@JohnEGreen - Well Done, what a difference and transformation - 6 stone lost.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Boots are by the door and waiting, hun - just say the word and we'll come and give him a good kicking for you!
Yes, I'm good thanks, although this hot weather makes it hard to sleep at night. Hope are you coping with it? The good thing is that I don't feel like eating anything much, but the bad thing is that it seems to be pushing my BGs up again, which had only just started coming down again after the antibiotics. Anyone else having this problem?
You take care Maureen and I hope the rat problem diminishes for you. Always ready for a chat if it's getting you down...
Bug hugs xxx[/QUOTE. Thanks same here, heat keeping me awake, 5am othere day still awake, got cold, hay fever & ashma playing up with this heat, I'm same bgs go up on mornings so I've had to increase my half nightly tablet to one, see if that helps. Hope your well. Forgot how to PM. Happy evening everyone

D

debrasue

Hello All,
Thank you for posting such useful information as well as tips on how to move forward in difficult times.

Kind regards
Wilma Cordell
Hi Wilma - what a beautiful, smiley avatar! Welcome to the forum.
:)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Evening. FBG 6.5 mmol/l. Been up in Glasgow, just back. Hot hot hot, sunny and 29C. Thunderstorms on the way. :)

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Hello All,

Kind regards
Wilma Cordell
Hi Wilma and welcome :)

D

debrasue

Evening. FBG 6.5 mmol/l. Been up in Glasgow, just back. Hot hot hot, sunny and 29C. Thunderstorms on the way. :)
Wish we could have some thunderstorms. :(
I am ROASTING.
And had a reading of 7.5 after some pulled pork and salad. Not happy. :grumpy: