Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, Arrogance and warm beer
Beakfast 2 poached eggs on wholegrain toast 3 rashers grilled bacon, lunch tuna in chili oil and toasted garlic pitta bread, dinner mixed grill, Egg,bacon, beef pattie, sausage and 1 hash brown:D meter reading 2 hours on 6.8

Reactions: 4 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
My spiralizer has arrived, so having fun with it, although using the finest spaghetti one was a mistake, as after boiling it for a couple of minutes I was left with mush!

Breakfast: 1/2 avocado and small piece of brie
Lunch: Spiralized courgette and carrot, flash fried with garlic, salt and olive oil for 1 minute, then added a few raw prawns for the last couple of minutes. Wonderful :)
Tea: Baked chicken breast, and loads of veg (depends what husband brings back from shop!)

Lots of water laced with lemon and lime homemade ice cubes, delicious!

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Monday 27 / 6 /16
B 2 poached eggs / half a lidl roll
L 5 strawberries / 5 pieces banana / double cream
S 1 pkt pork scratchings / 1 can zero coke
D 1 garlic / cheese / stuffed mushroom [ from aldi ] Mediterranean veg [ from Aldi [ roasted] 4 small pieces of turkey breast
BG reading 2hrs later 4.4 :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Greek yogurt - plain for breakfast with a few blueberries.

Tuna fish salad for lunch

Have yet to decide on evening meal - concerned as sugar levels are higher than normal, do not feel ill - confused as to what is going on.

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Wed 29 / 6 /16
B mushrooms / tomato / egg
L Tuna Mayo / cheese salad
S 1 pkt pork scratching
D 2 chicken legs / half a lrg scotch egg / 5 strawberries / 5 pieces banana / 2 tblsp of crème fraiche / half a small carton of greek coc / vanilla yogurt

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greek Yogurt for breakfast
Protein roll with corned beef - side of cherry toms and cucumber
Cauliflower cheese with bacon and runner beans for tea

Had a black coffee and a small bowl of sweet potato and parsnip soup in a cafe for lunch (only a child's portion). Didn't have testing equipment with me, but decided to try the soup and test when I got home....... 10.5 about 90 mins later. So will mark that off my list of soup I can eat, pity as I love that soup :grumpy:
Can't exercise properly still after fall as hip still sore from bruising, but trying short slow walks, better than nothing. At least weight static and not going up.
Similar thing happened to me - I was cross with myself as I usually choose things like salads where I can see exactly what they're made of. Good luck with the walking, I find it makes a real difference too.

DarrenAu

Egg / bacon / mushies / avo
Snacked on macadamia nuts and tasty cheese
Roast chicken / tomatoes / lettuce / mayo
strawberries / dollop cream

Delicious! And feeling full :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I had a hypo yesterday (2.7 mmol/l) and have been careful on my diet today.
Breakast - omelette
Lunch - soup and some whole meal bread
Dinner - fish n chips
BM at 6.30pm was 5.7 mmol so happy. :)

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday, for breakfast, I ate a cauliflower, a whole cauliflower boiled and mashed. That was it for the day. Today I had 2 fried eggs for breakfast and a sausage with a small can of reduced-sugar Ayam Brand baked beans around 4:00.
That's it for today apart from the 10 bottles of San Miguel Light I'm planning on for later as it's date night and we're going down the red-light then dancing.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast and lunch - Natural Greek Yogurt.
Reason :- still trying to get blood glucose levels down and it lowers after breakfast and then lowers again after lunch - really hoping that by August and the next Fasting Blood Test plus all the added blood tests that it will show a significant improvement. My doctor has requested somewhere in the region of 15 different tests to be done on my next fasting blood test - guessing I could be donating a fair amount of blood then!

LittleWolf

No food for 24 hours. Lemon tea and bucketloads of ice cubes to cool down. Metallic taste in my mouth all day and dizziness. Just tested 7.1. I'm not diabetic yet.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So far today - Natural Greek Yogurt for Breakfast, Chicken with salad for lunch and a few cashew nuts as a snack........ Just tested 2 hours following lunch and reading is 5.6

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Y'day
B: berries, greek yog and flax
L: none
D: 4 sausages (3 carbs each) and mushrooms with a salad.

AnnKelcey

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)
I don't understand how this can be helpful unless there is any feedback - for example the lady who said she'd have 5 rashers of bacon & 2 fried eggs - surely there's too much salt in so much bacon & it seems unbalanced

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
B.- Scrambled egg (2) followed by greek yoghurt, blueberries and 4 strawberries.
L.- Mushroom stuffed with Boursin black pepper cheese and roasted vegetables followed by small fruit and scoop of ice cream.
S.- 6 Ryvita cracker bread (120 kc) and 3 thin slices of chedder.

Bg before breakfast 5.2. 2 hrs after 6.3. Bg. after lunch 7.3
Seems I will have to cut out one of the Ryvitas and the black pepper.:bored:

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand how this can be helpful unless there is any feedback - for example the lady who said she'd have 5 rashers of bacon & 2 fried eggs - surely there's too much salt in so much bacon & it seems unbalanced

This thread is really intended as a poster board for what Type2's eat on a regular basis. Not all T2 are low carb high fat so it is useful to new members to see what regulars posters eat. There are more specific threads for more specific diets, like low carb or low cal.
The point about salt possibly highlights some of the personal decisions people make when responding to a change in diet. A lot of low carbers drink a lot of water and so probably take more salt than most, I know I do. Eggs and bacon is a very popular meal... there was a thread sometime back about how many eggs people eat in a day and how often... some were hitting the teens....

If you feel strongly about something you can always start a new post in the T2 section, or elsewhere, or PM the person. I find the latter difficult myself sometimes as some folks not keen on getting unsolicited messages.
Please don't be put off posting though.

Reactions: 6 people