1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Li4m79

Li4m79 Type 2 · Active Member

I had a pretty big take away tonight, lots of breaded chicken, a massive hot dog (I only ate half the bun), pulled pork, black pudding and bottle of ginger beer, 5.8 just before i started eating, about 3 hours later I was at 5.9, i forgot to take a good post food reading, but happy enough my glucose levels were down :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. srobertson06

srobertson06 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast - Greek Yogurt and fresh raspberries - don't really like much but it works
    Mid Morning - a couple of Brazil nuts as hunger pangs struck.

• Like Like x 4
  3. comicbookguy75

comicbookguy75 Type 2 · Member

Full fat or low fat Greek yoghurt? Just wondering as I'm using the full fat stuff for the first time this week in the morning and this is the first week in ages I've had no weight loss, and was wondering about switching to the low fat Greek yoghurt in Lidl...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

4. berylc

berylc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Usual breakfast 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg
    Lunch: 2 oatcakes and some philadelphia cheese. Rasps and double cream
    Tea: 2 thin locally made rarebreed pork sausages (very tasty!), lots of kale, sprouting broccoli and asparagus.
    Rasps and cream.
    Cycled to shop after tea on to work it off!
    Lots of water with fresh lemon and lime juice

Just checked BS and 3 hrs later 9.4 :arghh: After exercise On antibiotic Trimethoprim for UTI so maybe that is the reason BS high?

#1344 berylc, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:28 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  5. berylc

Breakfast, usual 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg

Lunch (main meal today as working from 2.30 to 10pm) 1 slice of Roast pork (Mangalitza breed, make very good sausages so hope the roast will be as tasty. Their colouring makes them look like Donald Trump look alikes - both have orangy hair and skin!) asparagus, broccoli spears and kale (the usual!)

Tea (at work) small piece of brie, boiled egg, 4 baby tomatoes, 4 olives and a slice of parma ham.

6. nomoredonuts

nomoredonuts Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Love it!!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. berylc

Beware as some low fat ones are loaded with sugar to make them taste better. Maybe it's your weight loss slowing down? I know I lost loads to start with, but now, although my diet is roughly the same, my weight loss has slowed down.

8. berylc

Actually it was my 8yr old grandson who said that. We came round the corner to the pig pens at the Open Farm Sunday at the buffallo and rare breeds farm, and he said in a loud voice "Those pigs look just like Donald Trump!" So from now on they will forever be knows as Trump sausages and Trump pork roast :)

9. berylc

breakfast (Monday 13th) usual 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg 2 carbs

lunch 2 grilled portabello mushrooms topped with melted brie 0 carbs
    4 rasps, 1 strawberry and extra thick double cream 2 carbs

tea: small piece brie, 1/2 avocado, 4 olives with garlic, spinach, asparagus and kale 8 carbs
    4 rasps, 1 strawberry double cream 2 carbs

Supper: sm piece brie, 4 rasps, 1 strawberry, 1 dsp greek yogurt, 1 tsp philly cheese 4 carbs

Intake today approx 18 carbs, the first time I've counted them (carbs & cals book, had it for ages without counting).
    I have a pretty low carb intake most days I think. Weight now down to 9st 1lb

Readings today
    6am 6.00
    after breakfast 7.7
    after lunch 6.4
    after tea and before supper 5.8 So doing something right, eventually!:):happy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. berylc

Gammon is cured pork which is sold in a thick slice, like a large, extra thick slice of bacon. Others might have a better description.

11. PenfoldAPD

PenfoldAPD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So a super busy week finishing a house for a client. Now tired beyond belief, but made sensible choices - until the chips arrived. With salt, oh, so good. Now - let's see what the BG is in 2 hours .....

• Like Like x 4
  12. KateA

KateA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I find sweet potatoes spike me so avoid them now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. KateA

KateA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast: half a lidl high protein roll with sliced tomato
    Lunch: Butternut squash soup
    Afternoon tennis treat: 100grams strawberries, chopped up no sugar jelly and 50 grams of Greek yogurt, yummy!
    Dinner: Feta and salad

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. berylc

What, no vinegar!

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. 4ratbags

4ratbags Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: coffee n cream

L: creamy chicken broccoli bake, pepsi max

D: 2 chicken drums, steamed broccoli

S: peanuts, 2 x coffee n cream

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. TooManyCrisps

TooManyCrisps Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday i had:

B - one slice of homemade low carb bread with a fried egg

L - chicken salad (half a chicken breast, diced, lettuce, 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
    , some cucumber and a few walnuts. 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing).

D - chicken thigh roasted with chopped courgettes, aubergine and red pepper.

S - small piece of brie and a slice of ham.

• Like Like x 6
  17. berylc

Had a black coffee and a small bowl of sweet potato and parsnip soup in a cafe for lunch (only a child's portion). Didn't have testing equipment with me, but decided to try the soup and test when I got home....... 10.5 about 90 mins later. So will mark that off my list of soup I can eat, pity as I love that soup :grumpy:
    Can't exercise properly still after fall as hip still sore from bruising, but trying short slow walks, better than nothing. At least weight static and not going up.

• Hug Hug x 3
  18. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had my usual breakfast of Greek yoghurt with berries this morning but I needed to use the last of the eggs before I go shopping so I had an omelette for my lunch. Tonight I'll be using more leftovers so it will be courgetti with whatever's left in the fridge :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. berylc

Went out for a meal tonight with the local and Stavanger Norway Rotary club. I was quite well behaved and resisted the foods I really wanted.
    Starter: Green Pea soup (returned the bread)
    Main: 1 slice roast lamb, 1 tiny piece of broccoli and a little red cabbage (left the mashed and boiled tatties), no further veg on plate, bit skimpy to my mind. Gravy already on plate so had to eat it.
    Pudding: REFUSED! Orkney fudge cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding or 3 scoops local ice cream
    Cup black coffee
    Lots of water

reading 2 hrs later 7.2

Having a small piece of brie and a couple of olives for late supper.

• Like Like x 8
  20. berylc

Started the day with 1/2 lg avocado (so much tastier than my usual pack of 2) plus 3 strawberries (small)

Lunch 1pm ..... Was bad. Husband clearing out kitchen ready for puppies arrival within the next 2-3 wks, if that. So kitchen a tip. He went off for lunch in a hotel with the Rotary club leaving me in the mess! So I made 2 slices of toast with seeded bread, then a buttery (round flat type of 'bread'. First bread for months.
    4pm Walk to the polling station, then sat outside coffee shop and had a cappuccino with no topping.
    Reading now 9.7 :(
    Tea for 8pm Cold chicken, LOTS of green veg.
    Kitchen sorted now, so normal kitchen duties continue :)

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook