What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Today I have had at 15.20pm fasted till 15.00

black tea
Coffee with cream
Mushrooms cooked in butter
2 x egg omelette
Yet to drink coffee with cream. Bought the wrong cream and it doesn't whip so just have it on top:) I feel full and my blood before my meal 11.7 !!!!!!!!!

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
Bacon for breakfast and pork scratchings for lunch. Dinner might be chicken satay/stir fry. No rice, maybe cauli rice.

OR Dinner might be a meal out . . . can I avoid chips?!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
11.1 2 hours after lunch!! Oh I do hope it is on its way down!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning: 2 x coffee substitute with cream, 1 x decaf tea with hemp milk (which was odd)
L: 1 egg, 2 rashers bacon, 1/2 a portion of chips and a good long dog walk
D: aubergine, tomato, onion, chicken and coconut cream curry (quantities in that order) with baked mini peppers stuffed with cream cheese and chorizo. Bit of an odd combo of dishes, but it worked very well.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Just had delish Steak with some onions and Cauli.

Amazingly my bloods were 10.9 before dinner...wonder what they will be at 1hr?

Edited to add I forgot the lowsugar jelly and cream for dessert!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I really wanna shout, yeah SHOUT My one hour reading is 7.2!!!!!!!!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
and my FBG was 16.1 !!!!!!!!!!!! no fair. I tried the cheese before bed and in the morning but this is the result!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, egg, potato hash and peppermint tea (for some reason the hash has no impact on my blood glucose. :) )
L: not needed
D: will be Roast chicken leg, cauli cheese and a LOT of assorted veg. Probably broccoli, green beans and courgettes. with butter.

D

debrasue

B: bacon, egg, potato hash and peppermint tea (for some reason the hash has no impact on my blood glucose. :) )
L: not needed
D: will be Roast chicken leg, cauli cheese and a LOT of assorted veg. Probably broccoli, green beans and courgettes. with butter.
I know it's not the same as potato hash, but hash browns don't spike me, either. Weird, huh?

D

debrasue

B/L: Bacon, mushrooms, LivLife toast; half a small banana and 1 chopped and peeled kiwi fruit
D: Roast chicken, salad, 3 new potatoes with butter; bread & butter pudding (made with Genius gluten-free white bread, butter, eggs, cream, stevia and a handful of sultanas, dusted with cinnamon and nutmeg - delicious!)
S: 1 Victoria plum, slice of Charentais melon, small handful of salted almonds
This is more fruit than I usually eat in a day, but my BGs have stayed within normal non-diabetic levels all day and the reading was 6.3 at +2 hrs pp tonight.
:)

Reactions: ellagy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went out for breakfast, sitting outside in the wind since we had the dogs with us - got very cold, and that made me HUNGRY. Definitely An Eating Day.

B: bacon, sausage, egg, slice fried bread, herb tea.
L: leftover chicken, aubergine and tomato curry, followed by a small lc muffin with butter and lemon and lime marmalade.
S: another small muffin, butter and marmite
D: chicken breast baked with leek, in cream, broccoli and asparagus.

Reactions: ellagy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive me forumers, for I have sinned. Just had 3 weetabix with a sugar substitute (still carbs mind). I felt so ill when I woke this morning, now that has gone. But now I feel terrible and it's to windy to paddle today. No carbs for the rest of the day now. And tomorrow probably.

Don't worry, you were just doing a test run to see what it was like living like that poor bloke on the Panorama TV show last night (his brekkie was 4 weetabix 'topped off' with frosties).

But now you have done it, and felt dreadful, you can leave all that carby stuff behind. :)

We all do it - great that you get the warning of feeling dreadful though. Some people don't and then carry on thinking everything is fine...

Last edited:
Reactions: DeejayR

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.
I've just started to restart my low carb diet. I'm still getting back on track but I used to find the discipline of posting my food diary helped me to keep more on track. :)
B. A banana (too high in sugar but I wasn't prepared with something quick)

L. Haddock fillet baked with a Parmesan and basil crumb with a cauliflower cous cous salad made up with raw courgette, pomegranate, spring onion,.

D. Half a slice of ham with 30g of Camambert and a small amount of houmous.

Reactions: DeejayR

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Eggy bread with half a Lidl roll, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms & cheddar
L (out) Large Greek salad and a bit of Mrs DeeJay's excellent veggie pizza
D Another eggy bread with the other half of the Lidl roll, tomatoes & cream cheese
Has anyone made bread and butter pudding with a Lidl roll? Maybe you can use berries instead of sultanas

Reactions: mo53
D

debrasue

Hello.
I've just started to restart my low carb diet. I'm still getting back on track but I used to find the discipline of posting my food diary helped me to keep more on track. :)
B. A banana (too high in sugar but I wasn't prepared with something quick)

L. Haddock fillet baked with a Parmesan and basil crumb with a cauliflower cous cous salad made up with raw courgette, pomegranate, spring onion,.

D. Half a slice of ham with 30g of Camambert and a small amount of houmous.
Hello, Mo! It's nice to see you posting again - I missed you! Hugs x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes! Good to see you @mo53

B: none
L: cup broth and 1 fatbomb (halva icecream - sublime)
D: 2 beef burgers each on half a LC muffin, piled with fried garlicky onions, smoked cheese and a blob of tomato/Worcestershire gloop. Cauli cheese and green beans and broccoli.

I nearly couldn't finish it. Totally stuffed. In a good way. Next time I will just have one burger.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again. :)
B. Chia seed in almond milk and cocoa

L. COD with pesto and cauliflower cous cous salad

D. Camambert , a small piece of ham and spoonful of houmous. Strawberries with yoghurt :)

D

debrasue

B: Bacon & mushrooms; coffee with cream
L: A nectarine, St Agur cheese
D (will be): Chicken casserole, peas and new potatoes in butter; small slice of Charentais melon

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: out at cafe (kitchen out of action at the mo) so had a burger. Only chose it because of the nice burgers we had at home last night. This one was a disappointment though! Overcooked and hard. Took off the bun and only ate 1/4 of the chips. The bacon was awesome though.
D: salad - boiled egg, felafel, coleslaw, guacamole, greenery, toms, cucumber, grated carrot and a portion of Perfect World (low carb) Carrot Cake icecream. May add double cream, but will taste it first (and report back, of course)