What did you eat today ?

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Again... I'm sorry if I'm touching on a sensitive subject and please do tell me if you dont want to talk about it... as I would completely understand.

So how advanced is the RP you have?
Do not mind talking about it at all and I have some vision left but enough lost to be clinically blind which is practical terms for me means that with the house being well adapted that I cope here very well but outside the house so so with a cane and at night I do not cope unaided

Reactions: everway9

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
Do you have a guide dog?

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
As it was me that took your thread off topic, the least I can do is to bring it back 'on topic'. :)

Today I have had a ham, cheese and pickle sandwich using 2 slices of wholemeal bread with olive spread and mayonaise for lunch and for dinner I had some mashed sweet potato, nothing added.. no butter, salt or anything else (apart from the water they were boiled in), peas, sweetcorn and two mini pork/ham/cheese things in breadcrumbs from Lidl (cant remember the french sounding name for them). And too much tomato sauce. :D And I may have a couple of small scoops of mint/dark chocolate ice cream later.... errr.. now actually. Bye :D

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
So far it has been a yoghurt

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Today was pay day :D That means it's been 'Lidl Day'. :D Sorry... I'm not trying to advertise on their behalf. There are other similar brands :D

So one thing I bought from a reasonably priced supermarket today was a 2 pack of very reasonably priced Lamb Steaks.

I did not have a very good morning today and did not get out of bed until 2pm so had no breakfast or lunch :(

However I had one of the Lamb Steaks for dinner with some left over mashed sweet potato, sweetcorn and peas from last night. And too much mint sauce! :D

Anyway all together there was (if I worked it out correctly) only 75g carbs of both sugar and saturated fats. So 5u of NovaRapid (other brands are available) was all that was required for bolus insulin.

Glucose level currently at 6.5. Three hours after eating. the above.

Going to have a bowl of Alpen w/milk tonight before I retire. That should be appx 4u of bolus insulin. Target glucose level for tomorrow 9am is 6.0 (mmol/L)

Good night all :)

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Sounds like you have things under control and the lamb sounds nice!

Today I had:

Breakfast:
  • Cereal (had late due to late dressing change from DN)
Lunch:
  • Bacon sandwich on white with red sauce

Dinner:
  • Chips
  • 2 Cod Roe
  • curry sauce

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sounds like you have things under control and the lamb sounds nice!
Thanks. So far so good. However I really do need to start cutting out more fat. I have put on a lot of weight since I was diagnosed.

What you had yesterday sounded nice. :)

Tonight I'm cooking for my parents too. :hilarious:

On the menu....
1 Kg Smoked Ham Joint slow cooked (3 1/2 hrs @ 160c) with 2 x finely sliced onions, 3 large sliced apples 2 x 500ml cans of Scrumpy Jack cider, a knob of butter and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
New potatoes roasted in some goose fat, butter, olive oil and 2 x big freshly pressed/squeezed garlic cloves.
Boiled carrots, petit pois, sweetcorn, broccoli and cauliflower.
Served with optional bramley apple sauce. Oh and some tomato sauce for me. :D

You have probably realized by now that I am a tomato sauce lover. I have it with most meals. :D

Saving the other lamb steak for tomorrow night. No ones having my lamb but me! :D

Reactions: Sauron

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Thanks. So far so good. However I really do need to start cutting out more fat. I have put on a lot of weight since I was diagnosed.

What you had yesterday sounded nice. :)

Tonight I'm cooking for my parents too. :hilarious:

On the menu....
1 Kg Smoked Ham Joint slow cooked (3 1/2 hrs @ 160c) with 2 x finely sliced onions, 3 large sliced apples 2 x 500ml cans of Scrumpy Jack cider, a knob of butter and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
New potatoes roasted in some goose fat, butter, olive oil and 2 x big freshly pressed/squeezed garlic cloves.
Boiled carrots, petit pois, sweetcorn, broccoli and cauliflower.
Served with optional bramley apple sauce. Oh and some tomato sauce for me. :D

You have probably realized by now that I am a tomato sauce lover. I have it with most meals. :D

Saving the other lamb steak for tomorrow night. No ones having my lamb but me! :D
That sounds really really nice, love salted pork

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Today for my main I had breaded basa fillet goujons in a lemon crumb with salad and crinkle cut chips and salad with some Aioli dip and was really nice

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
breaded basa fillet goujons

Wow.. That sounds good... although I had never heard of 'basa'. I thought you meant Bass but I googled it and it's a species of cat fish I see. I'm gonna have to try some of that sometime I think. I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm in a 'reasonably priced supermarket'. :D Can you compare the taste of Basa with other similar fish or is it unique?

D

Deleted member 308541

We are thinking of bacon and eggs and mushrooms for breakfast, plus my two slices of thin toast for the pills.

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We are thinking of bacon and eggs and mushrooms for breakfast, plus my two slices of thin toast for the pills.

G'Day Mayte!

Another shroom on the barbie! (Sorry... I couldn't resist :) )

That's making me feel hungry all over again. :D

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Wow.. That sounds good... although I had never heard of 'basa'. I thought you meant Bass but I googled it and it's a species of cat fish I see. I'm gonna have to try some of that sometime I think. I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm in a 'reasonably priced supermarket'. :D Can you compare the taste of Basa with other similar fish or is it unique?
If you like code you will like basa and the goujons we use are by whitby and are sold by sainsburys, ocado, and a few other places and cost at most £1.50 a packet and often can be had at 2 for £2.50

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh.... lol... sorry... typo. :oops:

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well... I would like the bacon and eggs but I think I will have to settle for a bowl of ye olde faithful Alpen original for my late snack. :)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Going fishing tomorrow I think. ;)