What did you eat today ?

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
Joking aside... Yes your right... it is perfectly do-able. I'd be interested to hear how you get on.... If you dont mind?

Reactions: Snootybutnice

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry Sauron... I'm hijacking your thread. :blackeye:

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think it's brilliant! Sorry if I sound so obsessed with it but really I have never seen anything like it other than maybe in a large dolls house. :)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Excellent... Thanks :)

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's brilliant! Sorry if I sound so obsessed with it but really I have never seen anything like it other than maybe in a large dolls house. :)
It's the little dipping dish you have for things like hoi sin sauce for your duck and pancakes etc... I have decided that any low sugar dessert that can be fitted on the dish is allowed in my new diet because it's just enough to get enjoyment from it without seriously compromising my BG :-D.

Reactions: everway9

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ahhh ha. Makes sense yes. Hey.... you never know.... if you keep hold of it and it could be one of those things they show on antiques roadshow or bargain hunt that's worth a fortune.

I wonder how many sugar cubes you could stack on it? :D

D

Deleted member 308541

Two crusty bread roll slathered in best butter, plenty of sliced ham, liberally spread with hot mustard mmmmm!.

Then the #@%^"!* alarm clock rang waking me up.

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bundaberg........ Nice brewed drinks... and I hear the foods not bad either. ;)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shame.... I've never been able to reach the top shelves without making a fool of myself. :bigtears:

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sauron? You still here? No.... you have probably gone to bed like normal people do at this time of day.

I'm so sorry..... I kind of took your thread off topic.... a little. :facepalm:

I re-heated the 2nd half of my pizza tonight. It was a home made stone baked base with a thin layer of homemade tomato sauce. Some prawns, sweetcorn, olives, tuna and low fat cheese (if there is such a thing).

As it was quite a high carb outfit I decided to give my Dad a slice.... or rather he pinched it. Anyway... for a (small) pizza it was truly low carb and thus I only had 2u bolus insulin (NovaRapid). (+ 2u bolus nova earlier with the pasta salad.)

So that with the seafood pasta salad I mentioned earlier.. that is all I have had to eat today. As I said earlier... my routine is not good at the moment but either way I have only had a total of about 60g carb in 24 hours which was both of sugars and saturated fat (yes..including the bread). Today was not as balanced as I would have liked it to be. Normally I have much more in the way of vegetables. Safe to say that today I did not get enough of my '5 a day'. :)

I have 12u basel per 24h and my sugar has been pretty constant today @6.5mmol/L. I check my BG 1hr before eating, @ eating and 2 hours after eating.

Sorry again for taking your thread off topic. :wideyed:

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Your very understanding. Thx. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sauron

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Today had:

Breakfast:
  • sausage sarnie
Lunch:
  • Ham and salad sarnie
Dinner: (will be having later!)
  • Rice
  • Bourguignon (beef fillet steak strips and baby chestnut mushrooms)
  • Tiny magnum after dinner ice-cream

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
White or brown bread for your sarnies? Butter or spread? Any sauce in the sarnies? :)

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
White or brown bread for your sarnies? Butter or spread? Any sauce in the sarnies? :)
White today, brown yesterday as for the rice it is brown and as for the spread it is real butter and a dab of sauce! (red)

And you ?