What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
Ok. So I'm new to this forum. And may it's countries or maybe I'm just too new to this. But when I test I get a 3 digit number. I.e 189 (my fasting blood sugar this morning). But reading this I'm seeing 8.6 (random #). What is the difference and how do I calculate that.

I just used the converter and put in 189 mg/gl and it was 10.5 mmol/l which is a bit high.

Reactions: Prem51 and mo53

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Ok. So I'm new to this forum. And may it's countries or maybe I'm just too new to this. But when I test I get a 3 digit number. I.e 189 (my fasting blood sugar this morning). But reading this I'm seeing 8.6 (random #). What is the difference and how do I calculate that.
Hi Lane, I'm new too but I think I know what's going on because I had the same problem when I joined the forum about a week ago. In the USA we use mg/dl and usually test at a three digit number. They use a different measure in the United Kingdom but you can get there by dividing your three digit number by 18. My 176 reading after dinner is 9.7 in their numbers and your morning reading would be 10.5. Do you know what your goal is?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I have asthma also and find that I get rid of colds faster if push fluids, do a couple of hours of medium intensity exercise and use my rescue inhaler-I mowed the lawn with the push mower and cleaned up the yard. I'm at 176 mg/dl or 9.7 about 1 and a half hours after dinner. Hoping for a good reading in the morning.

hey just want to mention this here if you don´t already take vitamin D , that taken daily it sems to be able to help servere asthma
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...treat-severe-asthma-if-taken-daily-according/

D

debrasue

Hi Lane, I'm new too but I think I know what's going on because I had the same problem when I joined the forum about a week ago. In the USA we use mg/dl and usually test at a three digit number. They use a different measure in the United Kingdom but you can get there by dividing your three digit number by 18. My 176 reading after dinner is 9.7 in their numbers and your morning reading would be 10.5. Do you know what your goal is?
There's a quick and easy converter here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-sugar-converter.html

Reactions: SWUSA_

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),

http://www.onlineconversion.com/blood_sugar.htm This lnk will convert it for you.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
15/10 - Morning.

7.2 - :banghead:

Reactions: Paul3613
A

asparagusp

After two days of mid 6s, I am back in the 4s, 4.7. That and a mild sunny day in London, great start to the weekend!

PS I have the same breakfast and post prandial reading, 6.8 so normality return! I won't tell you yesterday's! lol It must have been a faulty strip or am I clutching at straws? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hankjam and SWUSA_

Tezzz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was 17.6 mmol/L this morning (I have a nurse appointment on Monday)

Reactions: mo53
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SWUSA Thank you so much. That makes better sense. I tested at 183 (10.1) this morning. And I'm kinda hazy as to where I need to be. My endo said she wants my fasting in the low 100 to high 90. But she was vague in explaining it.