What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:

B: Bacon and egg
L: none
D: tinned salmon, mayo, green salad and cherry toms, followed by an excessive amount of very nice posh vanilla icecream.

I know that this menu isn't anything like pizza, but the fat, carbs and protein managed to make it A Pizza Effect Meal. Which resulted in very good reading for several hours, and then a spike in the middle of the night as the carbs hit the bloodstream. It was a wide flat spike, but still higher than I want to repeat.
Pity. That icecream was delish!

Today:

B: none
L: one coffeesubstitute and cream and one fat bomb
D: home made LC moussaka with green salad and coleslaw

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everybody
B . Banana - this will have to stop as my bs was very high afterwards

L. 32g M&S snack size Normandy Brie

40 minutes swimming

D. Smoked haddock with melted cheese and salad made with chicory, radish, pepper, spring onion, courgette and pomegranate. 8 strawberries with plain Greek style yoghurt. :)

But I am peckish

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Chia seed in almond milk with almond essence and teaspoon of Truvia
L. Smoked haddock topped with cheese and leftover salad
45 minutes swimming
D. 2 black farmer gluten free premium pork sausages ( 1g of carbohydrate in 100g)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
S: coffeesubstitute and cream, broth
L: 2 fat bombs
D: lc moussaka and salad

Feel something nibbley incoming, later. Choc? Saltnvinegar nuts? Lc muffin?

Reactions: mo53

Sugardodger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never posted before so here goes.....
B quiche crustless of course
L: Saffron chicken curry, sugar free jelly
D: ALDI coq au vin - surprisingly tasty and only 20 carbs
Melon and Sour cream
s: Nuts and red wine
Have been "watching"this forum since diagnosis Type 2 March 2015 initially on metformin but after low carbing for 6 months was diet only - you are All an amazing inspiration and I assure you there are many out there who like me are only"watchers" but seek the knowledge from you all so Thank you and keep posting

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello

B. Snack size Normandy Brie

L. Smoked haddock with asparagus tips, spoonful of peas and a cheese sauce.
8 strawberries with Greek yoghurt

D. Teaspoon of almond butter . I may have a slice of ham

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
B: Two toasted Low Carb rolls and Peppermint tea =4carbs
S: Creamy coffee
L: Two LC rolls and 1oz Edam =4carbs
S: Creamy coffee
Dinner will be Chicken with mixed veg in tomatoes not sure what the carbs will be but probably no more than 10
Before bed another coffee

So allowing for coffee x 3 =1.5g of carbs that isn't a bad total for the day =19.5 carbs for the day!

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Today:

Breakfast - 1 mug of Bulletproof coffee

Lunch- huge salad which included leaves, raw peppers, cucumber, tomato, guacamole and two hard-boiled eggs

Afternoon snack - 20 almonds

Dinner- Konjac noodles with prawns, shreddded chicken, bacon, onions, broccoli, pepper and mushrooms, with peanut satay dressing and raw cucumber. BS reading one hour later was 5.5, so very pleased.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: bacon, egg, a few chips and a brisk dog walk
D: the eternal moussaka. I think I could live on it. Although the tinned tomatoes were more acid than usual this batch. Will use erythritol next time.

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz and mo53

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled eggs, LivLife bread soldiers with lashing of butter and a dash of Marmite.

This LCHF lark isn't so bad ;)

Reactions: DeejayR
D

debrasue

B: boiled eggs, LivLife bread soldiers with lashing of butter and a dash of Marmite.

This LCHF lark isn't so bad ;)
That's one of my favourite breakfasts, too! Did you see the mock mashed potato recipe I posted? It's astonishingly good.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked it up @debrasue and printed it off. I've never done the cauli mash thing but will try it. I'm thinking of trying this recipe http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/05/07/low-carb-shepherds-pie-cauliflower-mash/ - Shepherds Pie is a winter staple isn't it. And a nice mash would be so nice - fancy some now it's so darn chilly today!

Might try it tomorrow and pop in the oven for after we've see A Street cat called Bob at the cinema :cat::cat::cat:

Now .. thinking about lunch :rolleyes:

Reactions: debrasue and mo53
D

debrasue

Just looked it up @debrasue and printed it off. I've never done the cauli mash thing but will try it. I'm thinking of trying this recipe http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/05/07/low-carb-shepherds-pie-cauliflower-mash/ - Shepherds Pie is a winter staple isn't it. And a nice mash would be so nice - fancy some now it's so darn chilly today!

Might try it tomorrow and pop in the oven for after we've see A Street cat called Bob at the cinema :cat::cat::cat:

Now .. thinking about lunch :rolleyes:
I know what you mean - the cold weather always makes me want to eat things like mashed potato and dumplings!! The mock garlic mash recipe would be brilliant as a topping for Shepherds Pie...
Enjoy the film - it looks really good.
Here's the link for anyone wanting to give the mash a try: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe.html I can highly recommend it. :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
That's one of my favourite breakfasts, too! Did you see the mock mashed potato recipe I posted? It's astonishingly good.
Hi debrasue how are you? I have not been on for a while due to family commitments. I am still making your lemon cheese recipe delicious. x

Reactions: debrasue

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterday
B mushrooms and tomatoes on 1 slice of burgen bread
S 1 plum
L 3 rivitas with homemade lemon Cheese / a few nuts
D Tonge salad / 2 small scotch eggs
Supper 2 water biscuits / salmon pate

D

debrasue

Hi debrasue how are you? I have not been on for a while due to family commitments. I am still making your lemon cheese recipe delicious. x
Hi honey! It's good to have you back - we missed you.
I'm doing ok, thanks. I'm recovering from sort of weird virus thingy which developed on Saturday and knocked me for six, but I'm feeling better with each day that goes by now. How funny that you should mention the lemon curd - I'm just having some on a bit of toast for breakfast! Life's good; I'm managing to keep my BGs pretty stable and well within range most of the time, I'm in demand work-wise and have the luxury now of being able to cherry-pick the jobs I want and choose when and when not to work, and the grandkids are gorgeous and keeping me entertained. I count my many blessings every day.
How about you? How are you and your crew? Are your family issues sorted now and giving you some peace? I do hope so - you deserve a break and some me-time, considering everything you do for them all!
Sending big hugs xxx

Apologies peeps for derailing the thread. I was so excited to see @amgrundy's post I forgot which thread I was in!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

debrasue

Yesterday
B - spelt toast and honey, cantaloupe melon
L - not needed
D - pork chops with mustard and tomato sauce, and mock garlic mash (delicious)

Today
B - toast and sugar-free lemon curd, melon
L (if needed, will be) - tuna mayo
D (will be) - chicken and the rest of the mock garlic mash, peas

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi honey! It's good to have you back - we missed you.
I'm doing ok, thanks. I'm recovering from sort of weird virus thingy which developed on Saturday and knocked me for six, but I'm feeling better with each day that goes by now. How funny that you should mention the lemon curd - I'm just having some on a bit of toast for breakfast! Life's good; I'm managing to keep my BGs pretty stable and well within range most of the time, I'm in demand work-wise and have the luxury now of being able to cherry-pick the jobs I want and choose when and when not to work, and the grandkids are gorgeous and keeping me entertained. I count my many blessings every day.
How about you? How are you and your crew? Are your family issues sorted now and giving you some peace? I do hope so - you deserve a break and some me-time, considering everything you do for them all!
Sending big hugs xxx

Lemon curd on toast ..... ????? Think that trumps my marmite! Sounds delicious :):):)

Reactions: mo53 and debrasue