Too Much Fish

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, that's why the use of warfarin is very strictly monitored. The regular warfarin clinics test for levels of the clotting factors in the blood and the warfarin dose is adjusted accordingly. Everyone is different and have different diets and treament with warfarin is on an individual level. This contrasts with a drug like Apixaban which acts differently and which can be used in set doses. Warfarin doses always start by looking at your individual blood clotting process and repeated trips back to the clinic are required. Here is a case of a woman who suddenly decides to double her intake of fish oil:

"This case reveals a significant rise in INR after the dose of concomitant fish oil was doubled. Patients undergoing anticoagulation therapy with warfarin should be educated about and monitored for possible drug-herb interactions."

Fish oil interaction with warfarin.
Maybe they should just replace the warfarin with the fish oil...

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fugu too!

fugu-japanese-emoticon.png

:p

Reactions: mist

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe they should just replace the warfarin with the fish oil...

Warfarin is a toxin and affects all humans. The effects of fish oils on the blood depends on your own body's digestive system which works differently in different people, often depending on genes. Inuit for example, can't handle alcohol in the same way as we can. Also, in northern europe we take milk consumption for granted but in most parts of the world, it results in sickness and diarrhea. When the vikings discovered Vinland, they traded milk for furs with the Skraelings, the native americans. However, they became ill and thought the vikings had poisoned them which resulted in serious fighting. There are many parts in the world where food digestion has evolved in response to the local conditions. Bedouin nomads, and their modern descendents, are adapted to drink camel's milk for example.

Is fish oil good for you? Depends on your DNA

Last edited:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL, he could have put it better I agree but now I am in my sixties, I am more concerned with shorter term health than longer term health.
And now I'm in my mid 70s I'd tend to agree. Having seen what happened to both my ancient mother and even more ancient mother-in-law as they declined into senility, I definitely don't want to live that long! But to console @ickihun a bit, when I asked my M-I-L at eighty (and at that point still as bright as the proverbial button) what it felt like her reply was "I don't know - I'm still eighteen in my head"! :p:p And as I get older I tend to relate more to her point of view - I don't actually feel eighteen but I certainly don't feel at all old - until occasional aches and pains or a peep in that lying mirror remind me that I must be! :wideyed:

And back to fish - I love it! Having been brought up right on the Dee estuary with a fisherman neighbour in the next road, we regularly ate fish and other sea food virtually straight off the boat.
But I also believe that on a very low carb high(er) fat diet, it's sensible to vary my protein as much as possible, and I usually enjoy meat and poultry just as much!

Robbity

Reactions: andyfh and ickihun
D

Deleted member 308541

Got a couple of nice Red Emperor fillets from the fish market yesterday, they will go nicely with my Xarelto tonight.

Reactions: ickihun

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
As a typical British person I don't really know how to cook fish. It certainly never came through the door of my northern grandparents or parents homes!
I am very reactive to drugs and toxins of all kinds and some fish like kippers and particularly Scottish salmon (farmed?) actually makes me throw up. Maybe it's the antibiotics they feed them.
So I think that if you eat fish seven days a week you could be asking for trouble. Vary your proteins. You need to maintain variety to keep enjoying a controlled carb diet.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks good to me, a few carbs but otherwise, very tempting:

enormousSushiPlatter.jpg

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freema i have to call you on that last paragraph. It is quite objectionable.
I agree that is a terrible thing to say about elderly people we are just like everyone here trying to keep as healthy as possible

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Freema Sometimes your remarks are very offensive! Young or old we are all human & deserve respect! One day you will be old!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema Sometimes your remarks are very offensive! Young or old we are all human & deserve respect! One day you will be old!

I have changed the way I wrote it already... but guess you haven`t noticed that, I do feel old already by the way

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have changed the way I wrote it already... but guess you haven`t noticed that, I do feel old already by the way
@Freema. You shouldn't have wrote it in the first place! Have you never heard the saying. ' respect your elders'

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema. You shouldn't have wrote it in the first place! Have you never heard the saying. ' respect your elders'

I do respect the elders though not more than everyone else... what I actually wanted to say was that the pollution was not equally dangerous to grown ups like it is to unborn and newborns and children whoes brains are not fully grown yet.. but is is still a problem but not as fatal for people that have a fully developed brain...

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do respect the elders though not more than everyone else... what I actually wanted to say was that the pollution was not equally dangerous to grown ups like it is to unborn and newborns and children whoes brains are not fully grown yet.. but is is still a problem but not as fatal for people that have a fully developed brain...
@ Freema. You should check what you wrote previously, different to what your saying now, & don't reply as I won't answer, I have things to do, but you should be more care what you say,

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
I am old, and I wasn't offended. I would not dream of launching criticism at a fellow member of the forum for a carelessly phrased remark.
In my case age brings tolerance.
Anyway there is truth here. A toxin that damages unborn and young children is proportionately less dangerous to the elderly, who have had a lifetime to build up physiological coping mechanisms, and who are capable of making their own decisions about their health.