What is this trickery

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had cabbage tonight, have only eaten it once before and hated it but it was very tasty. I am bracing myself to try sprouts, perhaps I will wait for Christmas dinner when I have to cook them for everybody else. Amazing that my tastes have changed so much. I now have broccoli, leeks, cauliflower, spinach, (home grown) runner beans. Had some kale and liked that but OH can't partake because he is on Warfarin.

LCHF rocks.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm amazed at my rapidly changing taste buds also. Maybe I'll try the mashed sprouts with butter thing at Christmas. I quite like the idea of that. (But, then I've always liked the occasional helping of sprouts.)

Reactions: Prem51 and ickihun

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe try some grated cheddar cheese on top of your veggies - really lovely :)

Reactions: Prem51

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Too much Vit K in kale, not supposed to have mature cheese either but OH is allowed by me to have a couple of small pieces at the week-end, special treat.
I doesn't seen feasible to me that I will like sprouts. Used to grow them every year because son & husband love them. My son eats them like lollipops, strange child and still does it now at 38.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't like sprouts as a child, but adult taste buds have changed that. It makes me smile that all these recipes, which are lovely, seem to do their best to disguise the spouts themselves!!! :D:D

Reactions: Prem51 and ickihun

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had cabbage tonight, have only eaten it once before and hated it but it was very tasty. I am bracing myself to try sprouts, perhaps I will wait for Christmas dinner when I have to cook them for everybody else. Amazing that my tastes have changed so much. I now have broccoli, leeks, cauliflower, spinach, (home grown) runner beans. Had some kale and liked that but OH can't partake because he is on Warfarin.

LCHF rocks.

The evil vegans have got to you!
No, no, no!
Evil cooked vegetables!!!!
They are all gross!

If you want to try spinach, try it as a salad leaf, much tastier!

I have low carb without cooked vegetables and it still rocks!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love raw sprouts. And when I cook them, I set the kitchen pinger to 3 minutes.

My husband describes his mum's sprouts as 'crushable with only the weight of a fork'. Ugh.

I love LCHF too, @carol43 - I crave things like this now!

:)

lisajo2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

LCHF rocks.
Fresh sprouts still on the stem ( if yhsts what its called) are the best tasting.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Try cutting a cabbage into slices about 1/2 to 1 inch thick - depending on how much crunch you want left, place on a tray and spread the top surfaces with butter, sprinkle with pepper and cook gently until the top really softens up. Use a wide spatula or fish slice to lift them onto the plate. Alternatively, put bacon on top after the cabbage had been in the oven for about ten minutes bare naked.