Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
25/11 down to 5.3 my lowest ever which I should not be after a big farewell family meal and a lot of wine.
Red wine is well known to reduce FBG levels. I vaguely recall some morning afters where my bg levels were around my all time low. From what i understand your liver is busy dealing with the alcohol so cannot produce so much glucose. (In layman's terms)

Reactions: Prem51

Jix200903

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today but only went up to 6.9 after cereal for breakfast and then DOWN to 5.9 after a toast snack then down to 4.5 at 1pm before my carb-free lunch! Don't know how that happened. Currently at 5.8. Having a very low BG day...

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Waking up araound 8:00 to 8:30 am--10.5 and sometimes 13 or 9.1, on 80mg. and the first of 3x500 metformin. But 5-7 at supper. I can't understand it. Maybe another disorder.

stevetur

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
gameboys,xboxes etc, and the poor sods who use facebook etc instead of having a real life.
You lucky So&So's My normal wake up levels are around 15+ Fasting!!!

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
You lucky So&So's My normal wake up levels are around 15+ Fasting!!!

Really! So the Canadian Diabetes Assoc. would approve> But not the American one I think. On the other hand I have read so many medical articles that approve of seniors having a high bg rather than a hypo.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
25/11 - Morning.

13.7 at 6am.

(GP 'doubled' my Morphine and 2 hourly now for Pain relief)

Reactions: Tim55