Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 mmol at 6am.

Day 3 into coconut oil/water fast...

Woke up with a 68mg/dL ! That's a nice 3.8 mmol without feeling any effects of hypo or hunger.

But decided to break the fast with 2 boiled eggs with butter and some cashew nuts. Will probably try a longer fast in a couple of weeks time.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
24/11 5.9 must be doing something right? Would cutting right back on butter do it? Butter is my craving
No carbs in butter so I don't know how cutting back would help. Some clever peeps may have a more complete answer. :happy:

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
24/11 5.9 must be doing something right? Would cutting right back on butter do it? Butter is my craving
If it is the full fat butter it should not adversely effect your BG levels. It certainly does nothing to mine. I assume you didn't have any bread with the butter?

Anyway a round 5.0 FBG this am and surprisingly my BP was low, which given i have been hypertensive for years is surprising to say the least.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
By restricting butter (fats) your meal dynamic changes to maybe a high carb ratio in veg etc. So higher carb ratio in meal causes liver etc to store. In storing the liver struggles to dump at the same time. Liver gets distracted so no or less dump. Now what do you think is going to happen to that new stored glucogen? Tomorrows dump or a dump once you fast, I'd imaging.