Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reposting here
Yesterday got a 99 mg/dl 5.5 mmol/l today 85 that is 4.7 mmol/l.
On sunday was betrayed by some finger food I've eaten saturday at a party. Got a postprandial of 166 mg/dl 9.2 mmol/l and awaken with feet and hand swollen and a BIG headache...

Lesson learnt:
The food you find at refreshments I think aren't normally diabetes-friendly and one doesn't know what actually is in there. Even staying away of fizzy drinks and sweets one risks a sugar or carbs bomb. Sometimes they could make you fell not well for other reasons not dependent on diabetes but this will mess with your glucose levels...

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
A nice steady 6.3 this morning

Reactions: Prem51 and Tim55

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.1 this morning. I'm still without a computer - haven't decided what I want.

Reactions: Tim55

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.4 reintroducing porridge and seeded bread for heart health. I'll give it a few days to see if I need to adjust insulin. Pain is far worse without Naproxen so maybe I do have arthritis. In pain even in rest now.:(
Sorry to hear that . Gentle hugs to you

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning greetings from prettily frosted Scotland.
4.6 this morning - equal to the lowest since I started testing, had an early dinner and a long sleep so that's probably helped :)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.9 for me today.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
5.5 this morning - as usual slightly raised since I had about 5 hours sleep last night (no surprise for a Sunday night/Monday morning). However, good news - went to the docs this am for the results of my HBAC1 test on Thursday. Result? - 50 - a definite improvement from 74 last time (and time of diagnosis - 104! - ouch). Doctor chuffed with me - not to mention the 2 stone weight loss - so a good start to the week. Now all I need is for the boss to be in a good mood today (not holding my breathe on that one!).

Now to get my test under 48 (and ideally under 42) - my next goal.

D

debrasue

5.5 this morning - as usual slightly raised since I had about 5 hours sleep last night (no surprise for a Sunday night/Monday morning). However, good news - went to the docs this am for the results of my HBAC1 test on Thursday. Result? - 50 - a definite improvement from 74 last time (and time of diagnosis - 104! - ouch). Doctor chuffed with me - not to mention the 2 stone weight loss - so a good start to the week. Now all I need is for the boss to be in a good mood today (not holding my breathe on that one!).

Now to get my test under 48 (and ideally under 42) - my next goal.
Well done!

Reactions: Liam1955

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where's @PenfoldAPD this week then?

Sorry sorry. I was 6.1 this morning. Last week I've been really busy and so tired, fighting a cold. So a little high, but doing ok.

I'm SO behind catching up, I need to reply to @walnut_face comments about our trip to France. And thank everyone for the great support.

And I know this is the BG thread so sorry mods.

But I'm ok and couldn't survive without the care and love I get from this awesome forum!