Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.3 today - I seem to be back to my 4's this week (rather than my 3's of the other week).

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

ukuleleplayer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cold, wet weather.
Mine was 7.6 before breakfast this morning. It was 6.4 2 hrs after dinner last night. Can only assume my liver is working overtime in chucking glucose into the system(?).
This sort of thing has been getting more noticeable over the last few months.
I was diagnosed T2 about 13 months ago after 3 HbA1c's that my GP thought high... 50 , 48 & 43. Then no tests for 11 months. Last one was 39 last month.
I keep to a very low carb diet, probably about 20g max per day. This year I've lost 3 stone...down to 13.5 stone now.
No idea how to get FBG down. I don't use Metformin, just diet to try to control it.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hola amigos! 5.4 Tuesday last week (second day of my Seville holiday) and 5.1, yes 5.1 today! That and a lovely mild sunny day in London so I'm happy!

Hola asparagusp, don't forget to visit the Alcazar while you are in Serville. We went there in July and it was super hot. Now is a good time to visit Spain. Enjoy the fresh seafood and egg custards.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I right in thinking non-diabetic folks would have a raised fmg on occasion, as we do? - I read that the **** phenomenon isnt just for us.

http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/blog/controlling-the-dawn-phenomenon/

it seems that diabetics type 2 has in average a more overactive liver as the general population, but that everybody can have a raise in the mornings... but that is counteracted by normals peoples effective and normal working insuline action... which type 2 do not have

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

8.4 ....
I'm a committed low carber ...
Take 2 Metformin with my evening meal ...
All other numbers are excellent and my post prandial readings are high 4's or low 5's ...
I do intermittent fasting and interval training ..
I take Inulin last thing which lowered my fasting reading for about 2 months but then it went up again ...
Weight, cholesterol all fine ...
I have no idea what else to do to bring it down ..
Sounds like DP. Have you tried a protein nibble last thing at night (a few nuts, or a small piece of cheese, etc.) ?

D

debrasue

Mine was 7.6 before breakfast this morning. It was 6.4 2 hrs after dinner last night. Can only assume my liver is working overtime in chucking glucose into the system(?).
This sort of thing has been getting more noticeable over the last few months.
I was diagnosed T2 about 13 months ago after 3 HbA1c's that my GP thought high... 50 , 48 & 43. Then no tests for 11 months. Last one was 39 last month.
I keep to a very low carb diet, probably about 20g max per day. This year I've lost 3 stone...down to 13.5 stone now.
No idea how to get FBG down. I don't use Metformin, just diet to try to control it.
Yes, it does sounds like DP. Have you tried a protein nibble last thing at night (a few nuts, or a small piece of cheese, etc.) ?

Reactions: ukuleleplayer

ukuleleplayer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cold, wet weather.
Yes, probably dawn phenomenon.
Recommended responses include eating dinner earlier but already dine at 6pm (early enough, I'd have thought). Also some activity after dinner - guilty. Tends to be just usual domestic chores and relaxing these days.
I do often have a handful (or two) of walnuts during the evening but yet to see any benefit from that.

Reactions: Prem51