Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Snap and @Angelofthemarches .:) very happy with that, 45 grms carbs yesterday, and home again after visiting mother in law in hospital down south.
I was a bad person last night and had q tiny portion of Chinese chicken, of course it turned out to be loaded with sugar :( so sent my BG way out of target for 2 - 3 hours... But it came down (not too far) and stayed down. Annoyed with self that I didn't prepare home cooked meal!

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yesterday morning 8.1 ate lowish carb all day and I saw a very surprising 7.9 on the meter before bed. That's a massive difference from what my readings have been in the last few years ... and that's just on day 1 ... really pleased :happy:

8.0 this morning

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was a bad person last night and had q tiny portion of Chinese chicken, of course it turned out to be loaded with sugar :( so sent my BG way out of target for 2 - 3 hours... But it came down (not too far) and stayed down. Annoyed with self that I didn't prepare home cooked meal!
We are only human. Don't beat yourself up!!!!:(

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday morning 8.1 ate lowish carb all day and I saw a very surprising 7.9 on the meter before bed. That's a massive difference from what my readings have been in the last few years ... and that's just on day 1 ... really pleased :happy:

8.0 this morning
Welcome, Low Carb rocks!!

Reactions: Rose88 and Liam1955

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
How accurate are these machines
I went to bed after a day of 60carbs got up this morning g/l 7.6 couldnt believe it so redone it within 10 seconds and now reads as 6.5 this is either a miracle or cannot trust this machine.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
5.7 this morning - my lowest fbg yet!

Reactions: Tim55

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
How accurate are these machines
I went to bed after a day of 60carbs got up this morning g/l 7.6 couldnt believe it so redone it within 10 seconds and now reads as 6.5 this is either a miracle or cannot trust this machine.
All these machines have a margin of error - how big depends on the machine & the specific strip. I try to look at the trend over time. If my fasting readings were say, 5.4, 5.1, 4.3, 5.3, 6.2, 5.0 then that would average at 5.2. Unless I know something specific I would disregard the 6.2 and 4.3 readings.