Apple Cider Vinegar

Ange1a65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi does anyone take apple cider vinegar?
I am not on meds as yet still trying diet only.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Freema
A

asparagusp

I do occasionally in salad vinaigrettes as it's supposed to be excellent for health. Any pickled and fermented foods too like gherkins and sauerkraut are also beneficial. Usually my fasting levels are within range but whether that's due to taking it, who knows!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am trying it for the moment , but mostly to change my body PH , because for some reason I have been getting to fungal infections in the moment, and think my body PH must be wrong...

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
fungus loves sugar. Are your blood glucose levels under control?

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes actually They are an average of 5.7mmols could be lower but I Think that is kind of under
Control only once seen a High number like 7.5 after eating wineleaves filled With Rice

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really high at all - bit stymied there then.

Peter Lamont

Hi does anyone take apple cider vinegar?
I am not on meds as yet still trying diet only.

Thanks in advance
I just started cider vinegar last night. Wondering how much I should take and when I, should take it. It is a vile drink even with water added! How is it working for you?

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I read somewhere 2 tbsps in 4 tbsps of water - I'm starting the experiment tonight :-D

Reactions: fullenglish22

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apple cider vinegar is not great for your teeth, so those who are drinking ACV may want to look into tablets or capsules as an alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramum

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds quite strong to me. Hope that goes well for you. When do you take it. Is it before or after meals?

First time today - was going to take it (probably holding my nose!) about half hour before bedtime - hoping it is going to help with my liver dump.

Better wash it down with a glass of water!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd suggest several glasses of water and a couple of swooshing out of the mouth with water, and perhaps a mouthwash too - teeth do not regrow and calcium acetate is soluble, so a few weeks exposure to vinegar at that rate and you could have no enamel left on your teeth.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bottle says 2 teaspoons in 200 ml so just had that and washing it down with some red wine after my most mahoosive jump in BG after tea

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, @walnut_face, but I don't understand what you're meaning here. Would you explain in more detail please? ;) I'm considering trying this too
Many thanks

Google says it is something to do with strands of protein that are called the mother - weird but ... My bottle says with the mother on the label - thought it some weird strap line!

Got mine from H&B in town

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 FBG - the lowest yet! Now was it the ACV or the wine I washed it down without? Never change 2 variables ...

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, @walnut_face, but I don't understand what you're meaning here. Would you explain in more detail please? ;) I'm considering trying this too
Many thanks
"What does it mean to have apple cider vinegar with the mother?
If you've got a good bottle of apple cider vinegar, you should see some strand-like sediment floating at the bottom. No, your vinegar hasn't gone bad—that gunky-looking stuff at the bottom is the most important part! It's called “the mother,” and it contains raw enzymes and gut-friendly bacteria that promote healing."
The clear versions are for want of a better word sanitised. The enzymes having been removed.

@Ultramum It is best to consume it prior to eating. It is not that effective if what you are about to eat is low carb.
I consume much of mine as a salad dressing, mixed with olive oil and basalmic vinegar

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"What does it mean to have apple cider vinegar with the mother?
If you've got a good bottle of apple cider vinegar, you should see some strand-like sediment floating at the bottom. No, your vinegar hasn't gone bad—that gunky-looking stuff at the bottom is the most important part! It's called “the mother,” and it contains raw enzymes and gut-friendly bacteria that promote healing."
The clear versions are for want of a better word sanitised. The enzymes having been removed.

@Ultramum It is best to consume it prior to eating. It is not that effective if what you are about to eat is low carb.
I consume much of mine as a salad dressing, mixed with olive oil and basalmic vinegar

So, as I'm on Low Carb diet, when would I be best to take some Apple Cider Vinegar, please?