Apple Cider Vinegar

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, as I'm on Low Carb diet, when would I be best to take some Apple Cider Vinegar, please?
I just bought mine from Holland & Barret tonight @Energize, a wee experiment for my DP. As I'll be looking to counter the effects of DP and my innate morning rise - I'd be looking at taking my tablets with my evening meal. It does say on the back of the box to take with a meal, so I'm going to follow this advice initially to see how I go. Any findings, I'll be sure to post back with here:)

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just bought mine from Holland & Barret tonight @Energize, a wee experiment for my DP. As I'll be looking to counter the effects of DP and my innate morning rise - I'd be looking at taking my tablets with my evening meal. It does say on the back of the box to take with a meal, so I'm going to follow this advice initially to see how I go. Any findings, I'll be sure to post back with here:)
Thanks very much @GrantGam

I'm considering it for the same reason, ie DP. My readings in the mornings, start slightly higher than I'd like but then rise, particularly after having a shower and don't get back to reasonable levels until lunchtime, ie 3-4 hours, in spite of having a low carb breakfast, ie coffee with cream, piece of cheese or ham

I think I'll give it a try too ;) ... and will post back!

Reactions: GrantGam

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks very much @GrantGam

I'm considering it for the same reason, ie DP. My readings in the mornings, start slightly higher than I'd like but then rise, particularly after having a shower and don't get back to reasonable levels until lunchtime, ie 3-4 hours, in spite of having a low carb breakfast, ie coffee with cream, piece of cheese or ham

I think I'll give it a try too ;) ... and will post back!
So no success with the ACV tablets unfortunately... See I told you I'd be back:) My fasting BG has become awful since attempting to introduce some more carbs into my diet. For me, anything more than 130g/140g carbs per day means horrendous DP... I've tried around 180g/200g for the past week and I'm up around 11-15mmol/l every morning. The ACV can't compete I'm afraid.

I read time and time again about the importance of the supplements containing "the mother", I still don't understand what that is. Do my tablets contain then, I don't know - it doesn't say on the box!

In terms of dose, it says take 2-6 tablets per day with a meal. I've been taking 5 with my dinner - which equates to 1500mg.

That's about all I have to say:/

joeninty90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi does anyone take apple cider vinegar?
I am not on meds as yet still trying diet only.

Thanks in advance
Morning i take it 1st thing in the morning and last thing at night. I was on 3 500 metformin tabs a day don't take any now don't check my blood sugar either. I walk 6miles every day and feel great

Reactions: Olufisayo

cadd79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have found if I use any type of vinegar in a salad dressing... Like olive oil and vinegar my sugar levels really drop. I do find it hard to take by itself but in a salad it's good!

Reactions: Ultramum

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just started cider vinegar last night. Wondering how much I should take and when I, should take it. It is a vile drink even with water added! How is it working for you?

My reading tells me that taking it before meals can cut the rise in glucose by up to 50%. So I try to remember to drink 1 tablespoon diluted in a lot of nice cold water just before meals. I really can't see how it could matter how much water you drink with it. I've no idea if it is making a difference, probably not, quite honestly, but I had a huge bottle left over from years ago when it was said to help prevent arthritis so I'm glad to find a use for it. NB you should not brush your teeth straight after drinking it as I think it could loosen the enamel, as can many other foods and drinks.

Fearless36

Be careful not all ACVs are uniform in the sugar amounts they have, and its also dependent on the kind of mother apple they are made with so it can be a bit of a minefield.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So no success with the ACV tablets unfortunately... See I told you I'd be back:) My fasting BG has become awful since attempting to introduce some more carbs into my diet. For me, anything more than 130g/140g carbs per day means horrendous DP... I've tried around 180g/200g for the past week and I'm up around 11-15mmol/l every morning. :/
at 140gm of carbs a day you are already eating twice the amount I could ever manage without gaining weight and well over twice what I am eating now I am diagnosed - all my readings would be high, not just the first test - so you are doing well even if the vinegar didn't work for you.

Reactions: JDTRARO and flexi06