Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

debrasue

6.2 but I did a 36 hour fast which always sees my BS go up a bit. broke fast with some greek yoghurt that was about 2 weeks past its sell by date...........Tasted quite nice with cacao and sweetener :)
I never worry about sell-by dates on yoghurt. As long as it doesn't taste "fizzy", it's fine!

Reactions: 13lizanne

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
8.0 again. I was horrified last night when my level went up to 10.6 two hours after dinner, up from 7.2. I had Brussels sprouts, broccoli and a cod in butter sauce (4.6g carb). I just don't get it...

Must be the sauce.

MsMelis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I finally woke up to a decent reading 5.3 BUT all I had for dinner was two small glasses of red wine (seeing a friend), five olives wrapped with anchovies and some walnuts. I can't help but think this isn't the way forward.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.0 again. I was horrified last night when my level went up to 10.6 two hours after dinner, up from 7.2. I had Brussels sprouts, broccoli and a cod in butter sauce (4.6g carb). I just don't get it...

Mine did something similar too last night - same foods that I'd eaten before with no dire effects - the only thing different was that I'd been feeling cold all evening ... I don't get it either!

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine did something similar too last night - same foods that I'd eaten before with no dire effects - the only thing different was that I'd been feeling cold all evening ... I don't get it either!
It certainly keeps us on our toes. I was all ready to start the Newcastle diet again but my sister said that I should give lchf a bit longer. I've had an appointment for eye screening through and I think I will bite the bullet and ask if I can have blood taken for hba1c on the same day. I haven't had any tests since December 2015 when it was 58 and they told me that I didn't need medication and should just carry on with my normal routine.

Reactions: Ultramum