Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Swiggy if you are T2 you should get a HbA1c test at least every 12 months (NHS guidelines).
Oh I didn't know that. I changed my GP because he failed to tell me the results of my blood test for over eighteen months and it went from 80 to 143 during that time. I stuck to Newcastle diet for eight weeks and my new GP sent me for hba1c test when I registered. He thought I was confused when I said that it had been 143 but my records would have been in transit and told me to just carry on with what I had been doing. My cholesterol was 4.1 but he didn't give me any more details and I never heard anything else apart from an appointment for eye screening last March, an appointment for 24hr blood pressure monitoring and now this appointment for another eye screening.
I will contact the surgery and ask for the test to be booked.

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I didn't know that. I changed my GP because he failed to tell me the results of my blood test for over eighteen months and it went from 80 to 143 during that time. I stuck to Newcastle diet for eight weeks and my new GP sent me for hba1c test when I registered. He thought I was confused when I said that it had been 143 but my records would have been in transit and told me to just carry on with what I had been doing. My cholesterol was 4.1 but he didn't give me any more details and I never heard anything else apart from an appointment for eye screening last March, an appointment for 24hr blood pressure monitoring and now this appointment for another eye screening.
I will contact the surgery and ask for the test to be booked.
Thanks @Prem61. I will definitely book it and post the results.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
8.1 @ 05.30

Probably last early testing as husband has been sleeping in spare room as he's had a bad flu/cold/cough virus that has been going around. But we have our 3 grandsons staying tonight, plus he's much better, so moving back. He wouldn't appreciate the early wake up with the light on!

Starting 5:2 fasting today. Bought The Fast Diet book from Dr Michael Mosley forgot I had it!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 :banghead: a week of work stress and no exercise has caught up with me. Higher numbers sure slap you round the face - need to get back on track and get those speedos on today ;)

Thankfully eaten all my Pana Chocolate supply, that probably didn't help either :stop::stop::stop:

Happy Saturday friends :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.7 :banghead: a week of work stress and no exercise has caught up with me. Higher numbers sure slap you round the face - need to get back on track and get those speedos on today ;)

Thankfully eaten all my Pana Chocolate supply, that probably didn't help either :stop::stop::stop:

Happy Saturday friends :)
Fbg of 6.7 and no meds is still a massive achievement but i love you in your 5s. I know it makes you happier too. 5s are superb but 6s are good too. No 7s mind or i will end up inviting you swimming in the north sea. You'll soon go to your pool then! ;)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg of 6.7 and no meds is still a massive achievement but i love you in your 5s. I know it makes you happier too. 5s are superb but 6s are good too. No 7s mind or i will end up inviting you swimming in the north sea. You'll soon go to your pool then! ;)

Maybe you can have a North sea swim for your birthday :) Have a great day - nice FBG to start your special day!