Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good morning Johnny,
I've been reading your posts from yesterday and today, you're enjoying that bread with the sesame seeds and your tomatoes I see. Are you going to have a special meal tomorrow? Maybe allow yourself some chocolate egg? I'm glad that you have been feeling well and hope that you continue to be well. Happy Easter Johnny
Good morning, @13lizanne, my dear friend, and a very happy, enjoyable Easter Sunday to you, which is the time of year that we, as Christians, commemorate the resurrection of our good Lord. I am going to enjoy a good meal of jerk pork shoulder steaks and some lovely tomatoes and pasta. I bought the ingredients with my Home Careworker when he took me grocery shopping on Thursday 13th April 2017 AD this last week. My good, faithful disabled friend is coming around to my flat for a coffee today, easter Sunday 16th April. My dear friend Lee bought me a doner kebab yesterday evening out of some money he owed me out of some groceries that I bought for himself and I enjoyed it very much indeed and was grateful to himself deeply, eating the doner kebab on my pink stripy plate with a knife and fork at the table as my parents taught to myself when I was a little boy in the 1970's. Have a lovely Easter, @13lizanne, hugs from me to you. Love Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my Friends,

I am posting to impart that I had a restless, sleepless night up until about three o'clock in the morning, but fell asleep for a meagre two hours and then took my prescribed medications at about seven, seven thirty. I then had 1 tomato sandwich. Just now I cooked jerk pork, pasta twists, cabbage and leeks for me, Lee and good friend Ioanna around at Ioanna's council flat just around the corner from me. I washed all the crockery, cutlery and other utensils, meticulously rinsing each item to eradicate soap suds. I left it quite a while and came back to my council flat and took my blood glucose which was a very good 5.8 millimoles per litre. I had a bit of a spike earlier on in my blood glucose after eating my tomato sandwich and it went up to 10.1 millimoles per litre. I'm on Day 2 of my smoking quit, that means I haven't smoked a rollie since 7:15 post meridian on Thursday 13th April 2017AD. I feel very happy about this. Every time I've had a glass of water instead of a rollie. I've drunk about 10-20 glasses of water today and I just drunk a mug of tea made with Sainsbury's Red Label tea bag, a teaspoonful of Nestle Coffeemate Light and 1 and 1/2 teaspoonfuls of sucralose granulated sweetener from my local Sainsbury's supermarket. I'm also squirting 2 sprays of the nrt mouth spray every half an hour on the inside of my left cheek to counteract craves from cigarettes and am wearing a patch with nicotine in it.

Have a wonderful Easter.

love from Johnny xXx.

Reactions: Ultramum

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello Johnny, It's rotten when we don't get enough sleep, hopefully you'll sleep well tonight. You seem to have enjoyed your day with your friends, do you like cooking? I've been doing a lot of cooking these past few days. Well done on staying smoke free for three days, keep going Johnny, you're doing really well @autisticwonder1970

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hello Johnny, It's rotten when we don't get enough sleep, hopefully you'll sleep well tonight. You seem to have enjoyed your day with your friends, do you like cooking? I've been doing a lot of cooking these past few days. Well done on staying smoke free for three days, keep going Johnny, you're doing really well @autisticwonder1970
I don't know exactly what precipitated my insomnia, @13lizanne, my good friend, I had a fairly sluggish and inactive day yesterday, a bit too inactive and it was marred with inertia like most of my days. But you're right about one thing; I did have a nice day with Lee and Ioanna, I'm a very gregarious individual and making friends, although difficult at first (unless online), is very important to me. I totally love all my friends they're totes important to me, and Lee and Ioanna are like my soulmates and they've always been there for me to pick me up when I fall. I like to think that I do the same for them. It's good to have good friends, both online and offline, I'm very grateful to my mum and dad for teaching me that important life skill, even if I can't make head nor tail of peoples' complicated emotions, I don't always understand social cues and that's why it's easier to communicate and interact online where eye contact and ability to understand social cues isn't as requirable as in a real life situation. Many individuals with Asperger's have that experience, but not all. It's like me, my inability to interact in a real life setting makes me incapacitated for work and deemed unemployable although some folk with Asperger's hold down reputable, admirable jobs, pay their taxes and national insurance contributions (as my mum and dad did) so that issue doesn't always apply.

With regards to enjoying cooking, lovely @13lizanne, I find it a bit tedious and daunting I only do it cuz that's part and parcel of the necessity in order to eat, although a lot of people enjoy my cookingb because of my autistic-style meticulousness and attention to fine detail. I normally don't cook just for myself, I just slap a ready meal in the microwave, but when I cook for my friends I make sure it's bona fide perfection right down to the last minute detail. That's my Asperger's I don't know if it's a gift or a liability but I enjoy entertaining people.

Have a really nice rest of Easter Sunday, my day's been really cool and awesome, hoping I sleep better tonight.

From Johnny Baker with sincere kind regards to you and all my friends xXx.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
20170417_110757.jpg
This is my diabetes kit. To others, it looks distressing, yet to me it is something I have grown accustomed to. It goes everywhere with me. It took time to find a useful organised system which is easy to carry and story while traveling. Other diabetics recognise it, and give me that looks that conveys understanding. The carrybag I discovered by accident. To date it is the best one I have found, and suits my needs perfectly. People see me with this and ask me how do I cope with diabetes. I smile and tell them, "do I have a choice?"

I have long come to the conclusion that I cannot live as others do, but then, would I have the strength and resilience I have now after 11 years of living with diabetes? I am in the wonderful position of teaching everyone around me about diabetes, and in doing so I am becoming involved the world of other chronic incurable conditions that expend my horizons. I just found out a co-worker has manic depression. Another lives with OCD. They say, now they have someone to confide in. This is good.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
View attachment 22620 This is my diabetes kit. To others, it looks distressing, yet to me it is something I have grown accustomed to. It goes everywhere with me. It took time to find a useful organised system which is easy to carry and story while traveling. Other diabetics recognise it, and give me that looks that conveys understanding. The carrybag I discovered by accident. To date it is the best one I have found, and suits my needs perfectly. People see me with this and ask me how do I cope with diabetes. I smile and tell them, "do I have a choice?"

I have long come to the conclusion that I cannot live as others do, but then, would I have the strength and resilience I have now after 11 years of living with diabetes? I am in the wonderful position of teaching everyone around me about diabetes, and in doing so I am becoming involved the world of other chronic incurable conditions that expend my horizons. I just found out a co-worker has manic depression. Another lives with OCD. They say, now they have someone to confide in. This is good.
I'm popping in and out of a post called 'finding a good insulin case'. We are definitely not alone.
I'm looking for a colourful one so I can find it easier in my dark backpack. (Handbag is redundant due to back/pelvic pain).
It has become normal to me to carry meds and insulin pouch around. Especially since heart problem scare. It all helps paramedics.
I just take heart that not permanently. Well insulin pouch is but you just never know what's around the corner mate. Life is unpredictable. Negatively and positively.
Things are always changing. Sad things now may turn to joy. We'll just have to wait and see!
Ps. I've lost weight compared to last monday weigh-in for FLO. Now I didn't expect that over Easter!

Reactions: leslie10152

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm popping in and out of a post called 'finding a good insulin case'. We are definitely not alone.
I'm looking for a colourful one so I can find it easier in my dark backpack. (Handbag is redundant due to back/pelvic pain).
It has become normal to me to carry meds and insulin pouch around. Especially since heart problem scare. It all helps paramedics.
I just take heart that not permanently. Well insulin pouch is but you just never know what's around the corner mate. Life is unpredictable. Negatively and positively.
Things are always changing. Sad things now may turn to joy. We'll just have to wait and see!
Ps. I've lost weight compared to last monday weigh-in for FLO. Now I didn't expect that over Easter!

Why not just buy a bright cheap make up or toilet bag from somewhere like Primark. I was in there the other day, and the likes of those were £3 for make up bags and £5 for the matching toilet bags. Just pop the dark meter/pen whatever cases in there.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Why not just buy a bright cheap make up or toilet bag from somewhere like Primark. I was in there the other day, and the likes of those were £3 for make up bags and £5 for the matching toilet bags. Just pop the dark meter/pen whatever cases in there.
That's what I'm using now but bag getting bigger and more rummaging around to find bits. Especially when I'm trying to be discreet.
I'm in no hurray but I'd like to be more organised. Just in case none involved partner needs to find something quickly. It would be dum proof!

Reactions: Liam1955

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good afternoon, my friends on www.diabetes.co.uk, the best friends an Aspie could ever have and who I love with all my heart,

I am posting to impart that I had a much better night's sleep last night and awoke this morning, administered orally my prescriptive medication and took my blood glucose which was 5.4 millimoles per litre. At that time, I drank 1 mug of coffee with 1 teaspoonful of Nestle Coffeemate Light and 1 and 1/2 teaspoonfuls of Sainsbury's Sucralose Granulated Sweetener. At that time I also ingested 5 glasses of water to counteract craves.

I'm 3 days quit from cigarettes, today, Monday 17th April 2017 Anno Domini and recorded my biggest challenge on the cigarette smoking cessation so far on the www.quitnet.com website.

I was very happy with the link one of the www.diabetes.co.uk type 2 life members sent to me for the website www.cookingforengineers.com. I skimmed through the website, absorbing the information and memorising huge portions of the recipes available there. I'm very keen on preparing and cooking the Beef Stroganoff recipe for Lee, Ioanna and I made with beef tenderloin and cream.

Have a lovely day, my good friends. My blood glucose fell to 4.7 millimoles per litre just before I ate a beef lasagne basics from Sainsbury's ready meal and had 3 clementines for my pudding.

Lots of love,

From,

Johnny Baker xXx.

Reactions: Ultramum

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, @Bigman49!
It may be taking you a bit of time getting your head around the forum, but you certainly seem to be getting to grips with your BG levels! Well done.
If you simply click on any of those unread messages or notifications, the site will automatically take you to the location where the message is posted and then remove the notification.
Keep up the good work and keep sharing!
Hugs

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my friends,

I had a good day today apart from my back aching through the damaged muscles in my lower to middle back that my lady GP diagnosed after my hospital x-ray recently. This evening I ate two salad sandwiches with raw onion rings and rings of sweet red pepper and some onion rings and rings of sweet pepper by themselves on one of my side plates. An old friend that I haven't seen for a very long time, a gentleman I met through my Christian friend Matthew called Max dropped by late this afternoon, early evening and stayed a little while, and he was very impressed with my newly-refurbished kitchen and bathroom and how clean and tidy it looked, compared to before.

What a wonderful day with good friends and it was lovely to see Max again!

Lots of love from Johnny xXx.

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the into @debrasue. I am not on Facebook or Twitter and use an I-pad rarely, preferring a computer which is what I am more used to. I just cannot seem to get the hang of the app type forums rather than the ones I am used to which put the sites into a notice board listing then list the question headers with the last reply / comment date and time. These also list newest first but I seem to always start on each one from the beginning which makes some over 6 years old. If I go to the end I then miss important pointers in some threads. But never mind, it all helps and the search is pretty good to track down things.

D

debrasue

Good afternoon, my friends on www.diabetes.co.uk, the best friends an Aspie could ever have and who I love with all my heart,

I am posting to impart that I had a much better night's sleep last night and awoke this morning, administered orally my prescriptive medication and took my blood glucose which was 5.4 millimoles per litre. At that time, I drank 1 mug of coffee with 1 teaspoonful of Nestle Coffeemate Light and 1 and 1/2 teaspoonfuls of Sainsbury's Sucralose Granulated Sweetener. At that time I also ingested 5 glasses of water to counteract craves.

I'm 3 days quit from cigarettes, today, Monday 17th April 2017 Anno Domini and recorded my biggest challenge on the cigarette smoking cessation so far on the www.quitnet.com website.

I was very happy with the link one of the www.diabetes.co.uk type 2 life members sent to me for the website www.cookingforengineers.com. I skimmed through the website, absorbing the information and memorising huge portions of the recipes available there. I'm very keen on preparing and cooking the Beef Stroganoff recipe for Lee, Ioanna and I made with beef tenderloin and cream.

Have a lovely day, my good friends. My blood glucose fell to 4.7 millimoles per litre just before I ate a beef lasagne basics from Sainsbury's ready meal and had 3 clementines for my pudding.

Lots of love,

From,

Johnny Baker xXx.
You are really doing so well on all counts, Johnny! Well done. I love beef stroganoff - I must try that recipe for myself.
Keep up the good work. Hugs xx

D

debrasue

Thanks for the into @debrasue. I am not on Facebook or Twitter and use an I-pad rarely, preferring a computer which is what I am more used to. I just cannot seem to get the hang of the app type forums rather than the ones I am used to which put the sites into a notice board listing then list the question headers with the last reply / comment date and time. These also list newest first but I seem to always start on each one from the beginning which makes some over 6 years old. If I go to the end I then miss important pointers in some threads. But never mind, it all helps and the search is pretty good to track down things.
Stick with it, hun - you will get there! :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Pulled? Torn? a Muscle? Or trapped a Nerve? In my upper arm/shoulder yesterday whilst in the shower.
Put my arm up my back and something in my right shoulder made a "grating-tearing sound"!!! Took me forever to dry myself with the towel as I had no use of my arm.
As the day progressed the slightest movement had me in excruciating pain. Had to remove both Butec Patches so I could get a more instant pain relief = Hence the liquid Morphine (works within 10 minutes for me) but, made me very drowsy and just slept till the pain woke me up and then took some more. And this evening have started to feel nauseous and quite yuk really. Thanks for your messages :): @13lizanne - @ickihun - @Granny_grump_ - @debrasue - @mo53 - @Providence 62 - @Freema - @callyandy

D

debrasue

Pulled? Torn? a Muscle? Or trapped a Nerve? In my upper arm/shoulder yesterday whilst in the shower.
Put my arm up my back and something in my right shoulder made a "grating-tearing sound"!!! Took me forever to dry myself with the towel as I had no use of my arm.
As the day progressed the slightest movement had me in excruciating pain. Had to remove both Butec Patches so I could get a more instant pain relief = Hence the liquid Morphine (works within 10 minutes for me) but, made me very drowsy and just slept till the pain woke me up and then took some more. And this evening have started to feel nauseous and quite yuk really. Thanks for your messages :): @13lizanne - @ickihun - @Granny_grump_ - @debrasue - @mo53 - @Providence 62 - @Freema - @callyandy
Poor William... I hope it starts to feel better soon.
I wonder what it was? Sounds as if it could be a rotator cuff tear, which I know from experience is excruciatingly painful. If it is that, heat and immobility will help, probably more than the pain killers. Again, if it's rotator cuff the initial pain should respond fairly quickly, but it could take quite a while to get mobility back.
Sending you big hugs... xxx