Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.2 this morning. I tested my levels yesterday 5 hours after lunch and they were running at 9.0 despite a low carb lunch! This may well be the case of the steroids that I take hitting my bloodstream (since I know when you take them on the morning they spike your BS levels late in the afternoon/early evening. Sigh - it looks as though I may well be on Gliclizade until I manage to get my steroid levels right down. What help the docs think Metformin is going to do with this, I do not know, though that is an argument for tomorrow's telephone call! That'll be fun! :banghead::stop:

D

Deleted member 308541

Still in the fives must be that cool winter air . Well done hope you can find more in that pot
It was not as cold this morning, yesterday got up to around 25° so a nice wintery day.

This tub of strips is out of the same packet of 100, same batch number so must be **** on my fingers first up or something I hope.

Lolhere

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As requested in another thread.... state your fasting numbers here.
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....
I'm struggling to get my mmol down I am between 13.9 & 22mmol anytime I am testing with the nexus meter.. Trying to control it is harder than I wish. I'm not on meds. I'm eating healthy, started exercise again as had procedure before... it's scary & just want it down... my aim is to reverse it.

Reactions: bigjim19 and Tim55

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Getting good results with my multi-day FMD fast. Let hope this stays in range... < 5.0 mmol

18893069_10155458157659445_4640182430315079873_n.jpg

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 @ 4.30am

Had got into 6's but have discovered that (for some reason known only to themselves) when Costa Coffee do your normal coffee 'over ice' they add sugar syrup as a matter of course ??? Spotted it being added yesterday and got them to start again but assume my three others this week have had it - I must admit I thought they tasted a bit sweet but assumed it was cos I was having cream in them (having previously been a black coffee afficionado )