Who are you voting for in the general election 2017?

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Having lunch with friends today we discussed who we'd vote for. Interestingly, we were all swayed by the parties' manifestos on the NHS. Labour for me, what do others think (if you care to share, understand some find it personal) :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't trust any of the parties and I don't like any one of them more than the others. They all have their faults. I shall therefore be voting for the candidate who I think will serve us best in our constituency. He's great, really hard working, doesn't claim masses of expenses and is often seen around the constituency, even though he was voted out in the last election. I shall be voting Labour (again) simply because I want this guy as our MP again.

Reactions: nannysno1

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can't for the life in me believe why anyone would vote conservative unless they are very rich!
I live in a very safe labour seat!
In my constituency we have over three thousand families going to a food bank.
Most of them either work or are disabled.

The NHS is a given right fought by our parents and grandparents, the Tories want to take that right away!

Everything else pails into insignificance!

D

Deleted member 308541

I watched that Labour leader Corbyn saying he wants to nationalise the railways again. Labour made a complete pigs ear out of it last time around as I seem to recall.

As soon as they were de-nationalised and making a profit Labour wants to grab them again.

As for Theresa May... :meh:

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely worthy of cracking out the popcorn for this thread...I remember the EU referendum one on here last year well...:watching:

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never tell anyone other than close family members how I vote. However, I vote at every opportunity, having carefully studied recent general election results. This is particularly important this time, as I have only lived in my current constituency since 2013.
My niece, who lives in a constituency shared with my parents, sister, brother in law and her younger sister (below 18) is very excited at her first chance to vote in a general election.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Seriously though @zand From my experience of reading politics threads on here, such as the ones around Brexit and Indyref1, they usually get quite heated. Not good for my old bg or bp. We have lots of discussions about politics at work where it is relevant to the future of the company etc. and with family and friends. It's healthy debate when it is with people you know and who are looking you in the eye :cyclops: when they share their opinions.

As for religion, I try to avoid it on here yet still get dragged into it as you know :rolleyes:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously though @zand From my experience of reading politics threads on here, such as the ones around Brexit and Indyref1, they usually get quite heated. Not good for my old bg or bp. We have lots of discussions about politics at work where it is relevant to the future of the company etc. and with family and friends. It's healthy debate when it is with people you know and who are looking you in the eye :cyclops: when they share their opinions.

Yes I agree, there have been unfair judgements on this type of thread in the past, that's why I only shared an opinion about my own constituency this time.

As for religion, I try to avoid it on here yet still get dragged into it as you know :rolleyes:
lol really?;) (Runs for cover) .....:nailbiting:

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's my own personal and my private choice who I vote for, so Politics or Religion.............:rolleyes::banghead::wideyed: and a bit :wacky: too.

jazzyone

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SNP, sorry but the Scottish health service is in a much better state than down south, no tuition fees, free school meals for infants, free bus passes for disabled and pensioners, free prescriptions for everyone plus they are trying to make sure everyone is paid living wage...that is just the tip of the iceberg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
SNP, sorry but the Scottish health service is in a much better state than down south, no tuition fees, free school meals for infants, free bus passes for disabled and pensioners, free prescriptions for everyone plus they are trying to make sure everyone is paid living wage...that is just the tip of the iceberg
I voted for them once because I thought they couldn't be any worse than the others. How wrong I was. I have grandsons and the education results are very worrying. I won't bother with everything else they've mucked up. They've had 10 years and are making a right pigs ear of it. They have blamed everything on the Conservatives or someone else and never take responsibility for their failures.
I hate the way politics has turned into a rude shouting match. The so called debates should have remained in the USA. I for one will be delighted when we get to next Friday and our lives are no longer filled with politicians behaving like unruly children.
Having said that , depending on the result I may have to think about selling up and emigrating although where to go as the world is a right mess.
OK I've depressed myself enough now.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Without a shadow of a doubt, will be voting Labour. Why would anybody with a chronic health condition, or anybody elderly, or anybody even with a relative in those categories not do so? For me the NHS is the massive issue in this election. The NHS needs to update and reform. It needs to look to evidence based medecine. NICE needs to be totally independent and question everything. But introducing profit into the mix can only make things worse. We are at a crossroads, and another 5 years of Tory government will get us to a point of no going back. It's very scary! Get out and vote and vote for the party that puts people before profit!

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
Quite apart from brexit, what concerns me is the Conservatives' views on fracking, fox hunting, education, and now apparently the ivory trade. Plus locally they've ruined our libraries.

Reactions: dbr10 and Prem51

equipoise

Until the Brexit deal and economic impact is clear, all of the parties' election promises are utterly meaningless and the so-called costings are an exercise in fantasy. Neither Tories nor Labour have a sensible thing to say about Brexit so I wouldn't dream of voting for either of them.

Reactions: dbr10 and zand

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I certainly wouldn't vote for Labour with their present terrorist loving leader, I also wouldn't vote for the Liberals because Fallon does not accept the result of the referendum. This is going to be the first time I will vote Tory because they seem to be the only party capable of getting us the best possible brexit deal.

Reactions: pwzero and LIAnneB

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I certainly wouldn't vote for Labour with their present terrorist loving leader, I also wouldn't vote for the Liberals because Fallon does not accept the result of the referendum. This is going to be the first time I will vote Tory because they seem to be the only party capable of getting us the best possible brexit deal.

First time blue voter for me too for many reasons including the one's you have stated.

Reactions: pwzero and LIAnneB

lilyfleur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not going to comment on the terrorist sympathiser stuff because there's no point - if you don't want to research it yourself you're not going to trust someone online that you don't even know...

But I can't get my head around diabetics voting Conservative? They are open about their plans to privatise the NHS - is noone else concerned about how they will pay for their diabetes care?