Which coffee machine do you use ?

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All HELP now that i am doing LCHF and having coffee with cream thought i would treat myself to a coffee machine I have seen the Tassimo but never used one Can anyone tell me what they have and what coffee they use Thanks

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All HELP now that i am doing LCHF and having coffee with cream thought i would treat myself to a coffee machine I have seen the Tassimo but never used one Can anyone tell me what they have and what coffee they use Thanks
Just bought a Tassimo. I have Kenco coffee, Twinings tea, and Carte Noir decaf. Only a matter of time before it bankrupts me.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @pamK I have a Tassimo too and really enjoy the coffee it produces. My partner has the Machiato and I like mine black so I have the red kendo Columbian. Morrisons supermarket is the cheapest for refills at present I think.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For the odd cup I use a nespresso machine - and a espresso stove top pot that's at least 50 year old - it's a family heirloom for when I need a steady supply lol - I take my coffee as strong and black as I can get it with a pinch of sea salt to bring out the flavour

Reactions: Speedbird
D

Deleted member 308541

I take my coffee as strong and black as I can get it with a pinch of sea salt to bring out the flavour
Sounds like my heartstarter black coffee (no added sugar) I drink in the morning, two spoon fulls of Robert Timms granulated coffee in a mug of water nuked in the microwave for two minutes.

When I was younger I used to add a pinch of flossy fine salt from the butcher shop I worked in it, but have cut it out now. I will have to give it a try again one day

Reactions: lovinglife

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Nespresso machine which is excellent but the original pods are about 30p each. I use Bellarom pods from Lidl which are about half the price but still good.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We've had Dolce Gusto and now have a Nespresso.

I think the coffee maker will just make coffee - it is up to you to choose the model/price/brand and then choose pods without added sugar or other nasties.

My partner is a coffeesnob (and fine with being described that way :D). He says that Tescos pods are almost as good as nespresso pods, and anything that comes out of a nespresso machine is better than a Dolce Gusto.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
We got a brilliant cuisinart coffee bean grinder/maker. Its superb. Makes up to 12 cups, goes in to a stainless steel jug and coffee remains tasting like coffee... not burnt coffee from in a glass jug.

Also be careful with tassimo type pod coffees.. If you use the milk additive pods etc they can muck up levels..
We've had every type of coffee maker under the sun previously... ones that froth milk, just a filter, the tassimo, cafetiere...
This one is exceptional. We are selective about beans though and only buy one type from Waitrose (their cheap range).
It gets used everday for coffee with cream and can make anywhere between 2-12 cups. Comes with a filter but we also buy paper filers from Amazon.
Blooming brilliant.
Size is good too, it doesnt take too much space (see photos)
50a3267980747764fde880aca970f0b6.jpg

f48f96fe963256281b460552aa7a9e52.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nespresso every time.. completely consistent results.
Better coffee than any of the high street chains..

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used couple of Nespresso compatible pods in my machine - the plastic ones and one burst in my machine took me an age to get all the grounds out of it so I stick to the genuine article now- it's the best for flavour anyway

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all so much it gas been very interesting reading them all makes a good thread

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm also addicted to nespresso. Nothing better. Love spooning the crema off the top. Then even making one and refrigerating it for iced in the afternoon.

I also love a few cold brewed varieties for my afternoon pick up. Darker richer the better.

Reactions: Speedbird

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm also addicted to nespresso. Nothing better. Love spooning the crema off the top. Then even making one and refrigerating it for iced in the afternoon.

I also love a few cold brewed varieties for my afternoon pick up. Darker richer the better.
Toyed with nespresso after having one in a hotel room recently, but opted for Tassimo.

Reactions: spook_kate_

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got a Tassimo, cafetiere, filter machine, stove top, instant and an Aeropress. The Tassimo is okay, but choices are limited and (relatively) expensive and you can only get the branded pods. I use my stove top most often - but I like my coffee strong

Reactions: streem26

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got a Tassimo, cafetiere, filter machine, stove top, instant and an Aeropress. The Tassimo is okay, but choices are limited and (relatively) expensive and you can only get the branded pods. I use my stove top most often - but I like my coffee strong
True. It was just something I treated myself too. It seems okay but pods are expensive.