ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm doing low carb low fat with xenical tablets.

I've lost again.
Since tuesday this week I've lost 1.4kgs.
So I'm 128.50kgs now. I'm delighted I'm losing properly for a change!
Basal insulin keeping me from liver dumps throughout the day. Only taking 15-20units of novarapid when I eat.
Sometimes I skip a meal as basal carrying me over.
I'm getting closer and closer to my target weight loss for bariatric surgery. :) :) :)
Arh. Here it is. So very little weight loss on my new insulins.
I was losing nicely on higher doses. Keeping my bgs low seem to make all the difference.
Adjusting my basal tomorrow. Less hungry on higher insulin and lower bgs.

Reactions: jonbvn and Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
:) happy bunny as looks like I'm losing again. No sweating for a while so I've either got used to tramadol or hormones settling down too.
On the cusp of being same weight as the best I was on canagliflozin and its excellent bgs.
I think for me low bgs are the key to losing weight.
Wish me luck?
I'd just need as much weight off I can get before op.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Saw dietician. I've lost 1kg more. I'm 2lb short of my target weight for op.
She thinks I can get another stone loss with xenical. I hope so.
I told her my new insulin routine has helped by low bgs satisfying my appetite. Otherwise high bgs leave me munching for England.

Reactions: jonbvn and Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If exercise didn't stress me I think I would loose quicker. Do you agree?
I think stresses my body because I'm too heavy for the exercise I like. Walking is still very painful even thou I've lost nearly 2stones since xmas!
Weight loss is suppose to help with less pain from bulging disc/s and scatica. Is bulging disc and scatica classed as arthritis? I'm a bit confused.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 0.1kg loss, so essentially a maintain this week. Bit disappointed as I've been doing all the same things.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
OMG! I've lost again.
This morning before ablusions I am 126.70kgs so from last weeks 128.40kg I've lost 1.70kgs this week.
I cannot believe it, it's flying off most weeks now.
I think I'm allowed xenical/orilstat tablets til July but not sure after that.
Dietician must be right. I can lose another stone. Fingers crossed.
I might not need surgery at this rate!!! :) :) :)

I bet when you stop xenical/orilstat I'd just put weight back on?
Still have huge tummy. Well I'm not surprised I am 20sts. :(

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 1.8kg down this week - that's 20.6kg in total (just over 3 stones) :)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dietician must be right. I can lose another stone. Fingers crossed.
I might not need surgery at this rate!!! :) :) :)

I bet when you stop xenical/orilstat I'd just put weight back on?
Still have huge tummy. Well I'm not surprised I am 20sts. :(

You are doing brilliantly - :) Can you only take the xenical for a limited time? If you eat low fat as well as low carb then whilst your loss might not be as rapid - surely you won't put back on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You are doing brilliantly - :) Can you only take the xenical for a limited time? If you eat low fat as well as low carb then whilst your loss might not be as rapid - surely you won't put back on.
I'm not sure about both.
Just know I'm losing for one (or all) of 3 reasons. Low bgs more, xenical or on the correct amount of insulin for a change.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
16/6 - Morning.
Stayed the same = 12 stone 12 lbs :). (For the last 8 weeks now)
Well Done Everybody :).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't posted on this thread before but here goes. At my annual health check at the end of April (when my diabetes was discovered) I weighed 115kg. Now 6 weeks later, on Metformin and a low carb diet I'm 103.8kg. I've lost 1 stone 10lbs in old money!
My diabetes diagnosis was a shock but it's been the kick up the bum I needed to improve my health in general :)

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Well Done on your weight loss @Rachox and pleased :)that you have joined us on here.

Reactions: Rachox

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't posted on this thread before but here goes. At my annual health check at the end of April (when my diabetes was discovered) I weighed 115kg. Now 6 weeks later, on Metformin and a low carb diet I'm 103.8kg. I've lost 1 stone 10lbs in old money!
My diabetes diagnosis was a shock but it's been the kick up the bum I needed to improve my health in general :)

very fine results you are having :)

Reactions: Rachox

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sad to admit I have gained 2 kg since last friday... I haven´t felt well really , sleep very bad most days and haven´t had the energy for fitness really. so only 1,2 days fitness this week..
have also eaten very much carbs... yesterday more than 300 grams , happy at least that my morning blood glucose is fine anyway 5.4mmol this morning ... but 2 kg up is a bit depressing.. I hope soon to have more energy again..

wish you all a wonderful weekend

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Don't worry @Freema . If i know you you will be back to your active self asap. You sound like one determined lady. Get well soon but get well first before forcing any heavy exercise programme. Diet alone can still help lose weight. Exercise only makes afraction of a difference, overall.
I'm still finding the stress of walking affecting my bgs and having to counter-act it with insulin.
We will both get the better of our diabetes, I'm sure!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry @Freema . If i know you you will be back to your active self asap. You sound like one determined lady. Get well soon but get well first before forcing any heavy exercise programme. Diet alone can still help lose weight. Exercise only makes afraction of a difference, overall.
I'm still finding the stress of walking affecting my bgs and having to counter-act it with insulin.
We will both get the better of our diabetes, I'm sure!

thanks for being so encouraging <3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Contralto . I'm confident you will get your aim. You are a very determined person. The fact you care about your health is enough to turn it around.
Metformin is the best tablet for changing brown fat into solvable fat to exercise off. Remind me, can you tolerate metformin?
Secondly not making brown fat helps to continue good health. I think you've read how brown fat is made. Isn't it carbs and fat not used up via the absorbing day? So low calorie only good fat diet.
Brown fat is the fat in fatty liver.
Fatty liver is the best of 2 slides and cirrhosis from nafld was red angry slide hun. Cirrhosis is very very difficult to cure but not impossible, depends how much of the liver is affected. Carbs and heavy constant drugs cause fatty liver. On 50mg of carbs I eradicated my fatty liver. Once I increased my carbs i got it back. Fatty liver inhibits weight loss too as the body isn't performing fully.
Better weight loss once liver is healthy!
Can you sustain 50mg carb diet for a lifetime? I cannot. So I do liver detox periods instead to clear out fatty liver and I keep my carbs at a comfortable level to keep calories down too. My insulin injections process 150mg of carbs. Above that I don't lose weight and struggle with spikes to 8mmol/l+. Obviously metformin helps if I can take it that day.
I'm just so happy I'm losing for a change. It has taken to be on the weight loss programme for bariatric surgery to realise I don't have to put up with my heavy weight, anymore.
I must admit I came to terms being obese decades ago. I just accepted my fate as my mum and sisters are obese too. Mum told me we are fat and that's that.
Strangely I'm the only diabetic.

I'm getting obsessed about weight loss as I'm wanting to weigh myself everyday. I have to fight the urge! Ha ha.

I'm sure you will throttle this liver fat and external fat issue, it starts with reducing carbs to get around it. Too much protein can act like carbs so be careful, unless your building muscle, which adds weight. Keep protein to medium levels. We don't need much for an obese body anyway. Walking with such weight to carry builds muscle, naturally.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hey @Rachox - we are weight loss twins - just I'm a month ahead of you! I was 115.1kg on the 5th April - after 6 weeks weight loss I was 101.8kg - yesterday I was 94.7kg. :) You are doing so well - this is a lovely supportive thread to post on :)

Reactions: Freema