Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I awoke this morning and let Lee in who was ringing on my door-entry phone who had called around to visit me and watched C-Beebies after switching channels from Disney Channel UK where a very violent and obstreperous KC Undercover was playing which was beginning to really upset me because I don't understand how a television programme, acting or not, fantasy or not, can depict people hitting and kicking each other as I wasn't brought up to hit and kick people and have always been passive and gentle which was taught to me by my parents, who, like myself, don't approve of violence in the television and film industry.

I had a tomato sandwich with a Sainsbury's classic round tomato sliced into four medium sized slices on a sandwich consisting of Bloomer crusty white bread with sesame seeds sprinkled over the crust. My blood glucose after administering orally just after eating and applying my Lixisenatide GLP-1 injection at 8:43 ante meridian British Summer time on Friday 23rd June 2017 anno domini was a concerning 12.2 millimoles per litre bearing in mind I wasn't able to comply by the LCHF diet in spite of @debrasue's very kind and caring post sent to myself in the last few days kindly advising and imparting to me healthy LCHF ingredients to buy. The other reason why the blood glucose level was a bit high was because I failed to wait at least 2 hours after eating before testing, giving it time to pass through my digestive tract and metabolise.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello Johnny,
I'm sorry that the TV programme upset you this morning, you did the sensible thing by changing the channels :) Will you let us know what your blood glucose level was after the two hours following your sandwich?
I hope that the remainder of the day is pleasant for you. Say "hello" to Lee from us

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose reading after getting home from the Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital outpatients department where I saw my senior clinical psychologist called Siobhan for session 7 of my cognitive behaviour therapy for my Asperger Syndrome's difficult emotions was a very healthy 4.8 millimoles per litre. In my CBT session, we tweaked my routine schedule timetable and put more convenient, realistic activities for me to follow. Siobhan also helped me to identify the low mood/demotivation cycle that I often find myself in and when I have low mood, demotivation in the future try and and do more activity to counteract the inertia. I've just eaten another tomato sandwich and a can of Sainsbury's Basics new potatoes.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood sugar, this evening, 8:09 post meridian British Summer Time, today, Friday 23rd June 2017 Anno Domini after eating a can of Tesco everyday value chilli con carne and a can of Tesco everyday value new potatoes plus 2 coffees with 2 sugars each (I'm getting low on sweetener) was a very good 5.9 millimoles per litre. I feel very well and Lee came around and we watched Disney's The Lodge together about a singing school for teenagers on Disney Channel UK.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I took my morning medications at 6:00 ante meridian British Summer Time on Sunday 25th June 2017 Anno Domini of 10 milligrammes of Ramipril, 10 milligrammes of Amlodipine, 2.5 milligrammes of Bendroflumethiazide, 1000 milligrammes of Metformin Hydrochloride, 200 milligrammes of Carbamazepine (Tegretol) ,80 milligrammes of Atorvastatin and 400 microgrammes of Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and I also administered subcutaneously my Lixisenatide 20 microgramme Glucagon-Like Peptide injection.

I haven't had anything to eat yet, but I very naughtily, and compulsively had a cup of coffee with milk and 2 sugars. I also drank several glasses and cups of tap water.

My blood glucose reading was a very good 5.5 millimoles per litre, today, 8:20 ante meridian British Summer Time.

Reactions: 13lizanne

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I've been Busy, busy, busy @ickihun are you going to nap today to make up for the early start?

Reactions: ickihun

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Sleeping pattern gone weird again.
Ditto! I've been drinking so much water I keep waking up at stupid o'clock for the toilet

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I am posting to inform you that my dear, good, mentally disabled friend Ioanna paid me back the money I lent to her for her electricity last week and the week before and I bought a £10.50 30 gramme Holborn Yellow hand-rolling tobacco in a greyish-green pouch with a yellow logo on it and also a lamb doner kebab in a pitta bread pocket with salad, 2 chili peppers and chili sauce and garlic sauce. That was between midnight and two o'clock this morning in the early hours;

My blood glucose level at about 4:30 ante meridian this morning was a very healthy 5.8 millimoles per litre.

A very good morning to all my friends with heartfelt love and caringness xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've been Busy, busy, busy @ickihun are you going to nap today to make up for the early start?
Will all my meds and now asthma I'm wiped out most days so I need a nap. If I cannot get it I'm disturbed for a few days and ill.
Walking is still very painful but I try and do something little most days. I'm very very slow. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I'm awaiting my bariatric surgeons decision by letter this week.
Fingers crossed it will be which one I want too.

Scary but exciting.

I can see me skipping down the road thereafter. :) :) :)
Well bulging discs aside.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Well I'm awaiting my bariatric surgeons decision by letter this week.
Fingers crossed it will be which one I want too.

Scary but exciting.

I can see me skipping down the road thereafter. :) :) :)
Well bulging discs aside.
I hope it will be good news for you Vicky xx

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou @Diamum5972 . I'm excited by the thought of more active times ahead. I miss swimming the most.
Are you not able to swim at the moment? I love swimming but only in the sea/lakes. As we don't live anywhere near the sea I don't swim very often. I did go to the Suffolk coast last week and swam every day. It was so warm I didn't even need my wetsuit
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get good news this week re your surgery.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I've been back from a whale-watching holiday about a week now and it's been all gardening to get the grass/veggies/new pond back in shape. I need to pop down to Cornwall for a couple of days, then up to the Henley Music Festival... thhheeennn I might get around to getting in the sea for my first UK dip of the year! Can't wait!

Reactions: tina_marie

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Due to a recent event on here I have decided to leave the Forum.
Wishing everybody well on their journey with Diabetes.
William x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Are you not able to swim at the moment? I love swimming but only in the sea/lakes. As we don't live anywhere near the sea I don't swim very often. I did go to the Suffolk coast last week and swam every day. It was so warm I didn't even need my wetsuit
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get good news this week re your surgery.
It breaks my heart I don't feel safe around the pool.
You have given me an idea thou. Our beach is very long here in Sunderland. I will take the kids on next hot day with their dad, so I can swim or at least float about in north sea. I grew up here so sea is second nature to me. I respect it.
Thankyou for your post. You have cheered me up! Thank you @TooManyCrisps :) :) :)