Weekly weigh in - Fridays

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok I will be round with my carving knife to take my cut ;)
CAROL

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I stood on my set of scales this morning and it read 9 St 11 Lb so it seems I am still losing weight. I weighed more when I was at secondary school. Can't be right.

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well loads of swelling due to over walking yesterday so I'll eat my hat if I've lost weight in the morning. We'll see.
I may have to weigh once water tablet has kicked in. About 11am.
@Contralto I'm fed up of water retention. I'm told my bariatric op should help get rid of it. I still hzve months to go til then. Hoping when I see dietician I've reached weight loss target for op. I was only 1kg short at my last appointment.
Lots of inflammation lately.
I found out today I have vit d deficiency and low vitamins so I must take multivitamins, for life.
I am rattling with all the tablets.

Reactions: Freema

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - your GP can prescribed you Vit D drops - I get them on prescription monthly.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
[USER196960]@ickihun[/USER] - your GP can prescribed you Vit D drops - I get them on prescription monthly.
They were delivered yesterday so started 1000iu daily immediately. Neither wonder I've been in total agony lately. I thought tramadol had stopped working. On top was my monthly craps, I needed putting down. Ha ha
Woke in a lot of pain as I got court out on wednesday with no where to sit in the rain. I was walking to 4yr olds new school for him to meet his teacher and play in his new classroom. Mr ickihun was helping me but no where to sit on route nor there. They aren't very disability friendly. Mr ickihun needs me in tow because of his breakdown and I need him incase I slip in rain or wind. We are a pair. Ha ha

Ps. I've lost this week afterall.
Last week 127.10kgs and this naughty week I am 126.50kgs so 0.60kg loss.
I must be good this week and take all my metformin with my diet food.
Just thankful a loss. :) :) :) (about 1and 1/2lb loss) :)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same weight I was on canagliflozin when I first took it, now :) :) :)
I'm feeling more positive.
Too hot and then too damp weather is playing havoc on my weightloss. You?

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They were delivered yesterday so started 1000iu daily immediately. Neither wonder I've been in total agony lately. I thought tramadol had stopped working. On top was my monthly craps, I needed putting down. Ha ha
Woke in a lot of pain as I got court out on wednesday with no where to sit in the rain. I was walking to 4yr olds new school for him to meet his teacher and play in his new classroom. Mr ickihun was helping me but no where to sit on route nor there. They aren't very disability friendly. Mr ickihun needs me in tow because of his breakdown and I need him incase I slip in rain or wind. We are a pair. Ha ha

Ps. I've lost this week afterall.
Last week 127.10kgs and this naughty week I am 126.50kgs so 0.60kg loss.
I must be good this week and take all my metformin with my diet food.
Just thankful a loss. :) :) :) (about 1and 1/2lb loss) :)

Well done on losing on a "naughty2 week :)

School should be providing seats for those who need them - if I have visitors into Nursery I always offer - there are always older grans and pregnant ladies as well as those with disabilities who might need a seat.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think this is going to be my last posting as very few seem to acknowledge any of my posts, thanks to all for your support and I wish everyone luck on their weight loss journeys.

Oh, do stay here. I usually post from my phone while walking, so don't like everything, usually just the previous few posts. I only log on my computer and have a long read a couple of times a week and I know I miss lots, but am short on time.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done on losing on a "naughty2 week :)

School should be providing seats for those who need them - if I have visitors into Nursery I always offer - there are always older grans and pregnant ladies as well as those with disabilities who might need a seat.
I didn't stay @Polgara . My discomfort was caused by the school is needed to be secure for other kids and reception class is only accessable by the other side of school. Hence a mile walk around house estate to get in their entrance. Next time i'll wait in school reception on their soft chairs they provide. To be fair i havent told school im disabled now but i thought crutch and bad walking would have gave them a clue.
Out of experience they probables thought i had a car waiting outside to help me get around building/estate?
I cannot afford to run a car now.
Any loss for you @Polgara .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A kilo loss for me here this week, now 101.4kg. :happy:
Another notch tighter on the belt I had to buy to stop my jeans falling down!:nailbiting:

Reactions: Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
30/6 - Good Morning.
I've remained the same weight now for over 2 months at 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done Everybody, you are all doing great :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't stay @Polgara . My discomfort was caused by the school is needed to be secure for other kids and reception class is only accessable by the other side of school. Hence a mile walk around house estate to get in their entrance. Next time i'll wait in school reception on their soft chairs they provide. To be fair i havent told school im disabled now but i thought crutch and bad walking would have gave them a clue.
Out of experience they probables thought i had a car waiting outside to help me get around building/estate?
I cannot afford to run a car now.
Any loss for you @Polgara .
Not noticing a crutch is a bit hopeless!

Lost 1.9kg this week - i weigh for WW on a Wednesday and that's the result I put here on a Friday :) i got my 50lbs award this week -
Loss doesn't seem to be slowing down much yet. I'm sure that the metformin is helping a lot as it helps the glucose be utilised when exercising - and so I think it supercharges the effect of the walking and swimming I'm doing. I've got my 3 month review in a couple of weeks, and when I started the medication my plan was to have a really low Hb1 and then get off the metformin. But now I'm thinking to stay on it and try to lose a lot more weight and hopefully improve my insulin resistance more. At the moment I'm in the 4s and 5s most of the time apart from post meal readings. Not hypoing at all as I'm not going below 4.2 ever- so hopefully i can sustain this.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
30/6 - Good Morning.
I've remained the same weight now for over 2 months at 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done Everybody, you are all doing great :happy:
Vey impressed @Liam1955 - I have always been good at losing weight, but rubbish at maintaining.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Down slightly from 149.3 last Friday to 148.8 lbs today. I seem to be sticking at around 148/149 lbs which is ok.

Reactions: rainbow79