13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well, after being diabetic for almost ten years I found this forum, started LCHF and IF and came off all of my meds. Now, due to another horrible condition I've suffered from for a long time I've been placed on a low residue diet (basically white everything +very high carb) and will have to "accept" diabetic medication again.
I wanted to say "thank you" to all the contributors to this forum, especially to the posters who gave links to scientific articles and lchf websites. I also appreciate all the excellent information to be found on this site via home page and search box, that is where I began my diabetes education.
Oh! And I'm royally fed up with having to give up my lchf lifestyle so - all the best to all you lucky people who can continue to impact your diabetes with your diet and lifestyle.
Anna

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My best wishes Anna, and hope you can maintain some control via your lovely walks with OH:)

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear this and thanks for pointing out that those of us who can follow lchf are the lucky ones.
Best wishes from me too.
x

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, after being diabetic for almost ten years I found this forum, started LCHF and IF and came off all of my meds. Now, due to another horrible condition I've suffered from for a long time I've been placed on a low residue diet (basically white everything +very high carb) and will have to "accept" diabetic medication again.
I wanted to say "thank you" to all the contributors to this forum, especially to the posters who gave links to scientific articles and lchf websites. I also appreciate all the excellent information to be found on this site via home page and search box, that is where I began my diabetes education.
Oh! And I'm royally fed up with having to give up my lchf lifestyle so - all the best to all you lucky people who can continue to impact your diabetes with your diet and lifestyle.
Anna
Sorry to hear about that. Is your list of ok/not ok foods something like this
http://www.healthline.com/health/crohns-disease/low-residue-diet#foods-to-eat4
As a lowcarber myself I'd see a need to adapt my diet but could see ways to make it lower carb. I'd ignore the refined carbohydrates, and major on other ok foods e.g. eggs, finely-ground well-cooked meat etc.
Either way, it's a challenge for you. I hope you let us know how you get on.
Geoff

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @walnut_face and @zand I'll pop in from time to time to say hello and cheer you all on :happy::joyful:
So sorry to hear your news. I followed your LC journey as I was researching mine, and you are an inspiration for me. I hope you will find the way through your present difficulties, and I wish you well.

Reactions: Prem51

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Anna

Best wishes to another legend, you have done good here!

Reactions: Liam1955

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
And I'm royally fed up with having to give up my lchf lifestyle

Sorry to hear that, I had to Google low residue diet and it didn't seem to be the same as "white everything and very high carb". Have I got this wrong, here's what I mean https://www.wwl.nhs.uk/Library/All_...cs/Low_Residue_Diet/FT2_low_residue_diet.html.
If I'm reading it right, there seems to be an awful lot that complies with low carb although maybe not high fat which in my mind has never been the important part of low carb anyway.
All the best.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
All I can do is reiterate your OP Rats!! and double Rats!!. Very sorry to hear your news. But please don't abandon this site.
I am sure that in time you will find a way to achieve all your goals and if we can do owt to help we will, I wish you all the best for the future.

John.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @13lizanne ..
So sorry to hear your news .. your FBG numbers on other threads are a testament to the success of your LCHF lifestyle and have been an inspiration to me and, I'm sure, many others ..

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @13lizanne . Sorry to hear about your issues. I only really know you from your excellent submits on the " five word
sentence " game. I sincerely hope you can still post some classic and challenging words for us.
All the best.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Wishing you all the best from me and Ron.x

D

debrasue

I'm so sorry to hear this Anna, but you know that I wish you all the very best for the future, and that we will all be here for you any time you need us. Sending you big hugs xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Liam1955

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How frustrating!
Hope your other condition is manageable, so you can find some way to still enjoy food, while keeping some sort of balance with your health.
And please keep posting :)

lindisfel

Expert
Mine is a modified form of your examples @DavidGrahamJones and @librarising - no veg or fruit, little meat but thank you for caring enough to research and link. Cheers!
I guess Lizanne you have struggled on with this and researched all possible avenues since your diagnosis. Some experts like Dr Rangan Chattergee attempt to change the gut biome by analysing first the gut bacteria present and creating the correct spectrum of bacteria, but I don't know how successful they are. Trouble with conventional medics they usually rely on drug based interventions but as with my endo problem the correct drug is the only solution on occasions. Wishing you all the very best Lizanne. Derek

Last edited:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thank you so much Derek and, yes you are correct I've been struggling with this for 27 years, losing more of my intestines with each op. I'm really ok with this now, I've been very blessed to have gotten to this point. All the best to you in your journey. @lindisfel

Last edited:

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @13lizanne
I want to wish you all the best. I've watched your progress over the last couple of years and been really impressed. I just hope that progress can be made for both your other medical condition and a way of controlling your diabetes that you can cope with. Best wishes.