Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.5 at wake up, after switching from Metformin to Glilcazide yesterday. Bad taste in mouth has gone, and actually enjoyed a breakfast of porridge and chopped banana.
Good morning @JeremySE18 not preaching but should you want to talk about options you might want to open up a thread, only suggesting as you appear new to the site.

Reactions: Liam1955

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be testing my BG in about an hour. Is 16 grammes carbs so bad? Excuse my ignorance, I was under the impression this was a healthy breakfast.

it is all depending on how servere your insuline resistance is... you can see that from how high it spikes your blood glucose and if your numbers get down to a normal level 2 hours after eating your food... like under 6.5 mmol

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 9:00

had almost a whole week off and ate like all the others around me on this hollyday lots of sweets and chips and high carb foods... seems I can now regulate my blood glucose, days where I remembered to measure fasting blood glucose was 6.0 and 5.8 .. well still on metformin anyways... but nice to know.. now going back to lower carb food choices and ... and if I can force myself to do it also low calories for a while... gained around 1 kg from all this binging... tomorrow fitness again as usual...

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.9 for me again today.

My 16 day average is now running around 6.5, which is a lot higher than I had got used to - it was 5.2. Mentioned this to my GP yesterday as a concern and he basically laughed out loud and said 90% of his patients wouldn't get anywhere near that and I shouldn't worry.

But........