Website Response times

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
What if all of us who posted a VIDEO link or photo at some point in the past, (say from three months back) were to delete those links? With a quarter of a million members, surely that would free up a few Gigs of space, and get the wheels turning?

Those who don't have my technical ability need not feel bad. I've always known I'm special.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
S
What if all of us who posted a VIDEO link or photo at some point in the past, (say from three months back) were to delete those links? With a quarter of a million members, surely that would free up a few Gigs of space, and get the wheels turning?

Those who don't have my technical ability need not feel bad. I've always known I'm special.
Sounds like a good idea.

D

Deleted member 308541

This would only work if the images or videos are hosted elsewhere as all of mine are at imgur, images etc that are attached are basically delete free as far as I know so that would not work.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The issue seems to be inconsistency.

The site can be fast for a period and then becomes tortoise speed for a period, with the biggest problem (for me) being the internal links such as the alerts, the smilies, the links from the recent/new posts pages and also the quote and reply buttons etc. I usually give up for a period, and then when I come back the fast/slow/fast/slow circle continues.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The issue seems to be inconsistency.

The site can be fast for a period and then becomes tortoise speed for a period, with the biggest problem (for me) being the internal links such as the alerts, the smilies, the links from the recent/new posts pages and also the quote and reply buttons etc. I usually give up for a period, and then when I come back the fast/slow/fast/slow circle continues.

Blue it has been very much better for me since about lunchtime, with the exception of a short (maybe 10-15 minutes) around 7pm this evening. Does that reflect your own experience or has yours differed?

The techies are catching up with this thread, but may not be specifically reading at this time of night, so it is important we keep logging the poorer experiences.

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Blue it has been very much better for me since about lunchtime, with the exception of a short (maybe 10-15 minutes) around 7pm this evening. Does that reflect your own experience or has yours differed?

The techies are catching up with this thread, but may not be specifically reading at this time of night, so it is important we keep logging the poorer experiences.

Yes, probably, although I've been popping in and out at random times since lunch time. Admittedly I haven't been noting the times when it was good and bad. I don't hang around when it's bad. I return a little later.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The most annoying thing in all this is when you take the trouble to write an answer to someone's question and it will not post it. This is more annoying when you are trying to help a newbie.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The most annoying thing in all this is when you take the trouble to write an answer to someone's question and it will not post it. This is more annoying when you are trying to help a newbie.
Yes and it sometimes logs me out when I am trying to post and then I lose the post. I am now using a word document to save posts on - when I bother to post at all that is.

Reactions: connie104

Robkww

Yes and it sometimes logs me out when I am trying to post and then I lose the post. I am now using a word document to save posts on - when I bother to post at all that is.

@zand your final point says it all - people will give up without reasonable access - last few days have been around 12 on the Dscale!

Reactions: connie104 and zand

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Question .. why is it important to "keep logging the poorer experiences"? Surely the techies know there is a major, continuing problem and IMHO they should be working towards fixing it, rather than "catching up with this thread"
I'm not normally a whinger but I must admit that I am finding the slowness and inconsistency of the site increasingly frustrating

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question .. why is it important to "keep logging the poorer experiences"? Surely the techies know there is a major, continuing problem and IMHO they should be working towards fixing it, rather than "catching up with this thread"
I'm not normally a whinger but I must admit that I am finding the slowness and inconsistency of the site increasingly frustrating

I did it to get the thread to the top of the Recent Posts where it is easier to find and keeps it topical. Your second paragraph suggests that you are not a whinger but was just enjoying the opportunity. Why not.

Reactions: connie104 and zand

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I did it to get the thread to the top of the Recent Posts where it is easier to find and keeps it topical. Your second paragraph suggests that you are not a whinger but was just enjoying the opportunity. Why not.
Hi @Squire Fulwood ..
I don't really understand your post .. I was quoting and replying to a post from @DCUKMod and I have no idea what this has to do with what you posted to "get the thread to the top of the Recent Posts" (which I agree is a good move). But, hey-ho, we're all suffering the same problems with the site and, above all, we're all looking for a fix. And, no, I'm not particularly enjoying it ..

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am frustrated that it was assumed that the back-ups were causing the problem, so this matter was left to get worse and worse because nothing was done when we first reported it. We were ignored.

We are working on a solution this week. We thought it was the backing up of data, but as we've had several reports in this weekend we have raised a ticket.

I have had these problems with the forum on and off for well over a year now and got fed up of mentioning it. I used to log in to the low carb program but then couldn't when things were updated over there. It was mentioned that I should be able to log in there again, but it still didn't work, so I don't even bother trying to go there now.

I'm loving all the extra free time I get now though. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AM1874. Sorry if there has been a misunderstanding. In your post you said, "Question .. why is it important to "keep logging the poorer experiences"?

And I did it to "get the thread to the top of the Recent Posts".

There isn't much more I can add.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

AM - It s important to keep reporting the issues, ideally quoting the time, area of the forum impacted and activity being undertaken at the time, so that the techies monitoring both the site and the the feedback from users (this thread) can be compared.

For a very large website, such as this is, not all users will necessarily be impacted at the same time. Some may be winging along happily, whilst others are treading treacle. Users reporting their personal experiences, in a detailed, factual manner help track down issues.

Please be assured that this is a priority for the techies, and everyone wants it resolved.

Please do stick with us and please do update the thread with your experiences; particularly including some detail, like time, area of the forum impacted and activity being undertaken. It really can help.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
between 3 and 4am this morning it was uber slow .. a lot better now for me

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So for me 6-6.30 UK time this morning fine. 7.30-8 very slow and gave up but now it's fine again. Corresponding to people getting up and then going to work perhaps?

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I don't think this would have any benefit.

I expect the issue is the number of threads and the large number of users who have posted to lots of threads and therefore have a watch setup on them. This needs to be solved by the company (I expect https://xenforo.com/) that wrote the forum software and/or the company that hosts the software.

@Administrator What is the hosting setup?