Website Response times

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I've been having problems with response times. Sometimes pages are taking several minutes to load. Do other forum members have similar problems? Is it a server problem or should I be looking closer to home. I know that certain Mozilla Firefox add-ons/plugins like ShockwaveFlash have slowed things down as they get bigger and I do have an old PC with Vista, but it's only this website that I have problems with. Any thoughts?

Reactions: zand

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am experiencing the same but its just the forum. The main diabetes.co.uk site loads fine but the forum is taking ages.
I'm using safari on a 2 year old Imac so am guessing it is the forum.
@Giverny are there more problems?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it's very slow. And the problems with getting logged out mid-post are still there. Also so many people with the label 'insulin dependent T2' when I am pretty sure most of them aren't.

Reactions: DavidGrahamJones

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Very slow and must be so off-putting to new members that join the forum, the issues ain't new and have been on-going for some time now.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Very slow response times for me too. After pressing post it is taking several seconds, sometimes up to a minute or over. Sometimes it doesn't connect and save post.
Rating tags are difficult to be commited too.
Seems to be a problem with the enter command, maybe?
I hope it gets resolved soon @Giverny
I thought it was just my old tablet. Can be a little frustrating when limited time inbetween kids needs. I bit stressful, in fact.
That's life. Nothing always runs smoothly but hopefully it can be resolved before I'm out for the evening. Otherwise I'll have to catch up in early hours and tomorrow.

Definitely just forum for me too!

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using a chromebook and only issues I have occasionally are with the forum taking up to a minute for certain threads. Bit slow at times this morning.

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
weird, just posted the above and got a very specific error message "you must wait at least 19 seconds before performing the following action"

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yes, I've been getting this, too. I would say its been getting progressively worse over the last 6-7 days.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys I reported this into HO yesterday, but at that time I was uncertain how widespread it was. I will escalate this morning.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
"you must wait at least 19 seconds before performing the following action"
Me too.
Although not good, I don't feel quite so alone. Better still, it's not my dilapidated old desktop PC that's the cause.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is not running well regardless of platform - mobile, tablet laptop, OS or connection (wireless, mobile or fixed).

I presume it is load related because mornings and evening seem worse up till about 9pm in my experience (GMT).
As @bulkbiker says the main page loads fine the forum does not. So sometimes, I close the window, restart to the home page then select forum and that is when it all slows down.

Reactions: coxymk2

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
It is not running well regardless of platform - mobile, tablet laptop, OS or connection (wireless, mobile or fixed).

I just clicked on Members and then Current Visitors, makes interesting reading, Members, Guests and Robots (don't fully understand Robot, just a vague idea).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep I wrote my post then the screen went white for a good 60 seconds... typical spoke too soon again!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very slow response times for me too. After pressing post it is taking several seconds, sometimes up to a minute or over. Sometimes it doesn't connect and save post.
Rating tags are difficult to be commited too.
Seems to be a problem with the enter command, maybe?
I hope it gets resolved soon @Giverny
I thought it was just my old tablet. Can be a little frustrating when limited time inbetween kids needs. I bit stressful, in fact.
That's life. Nothing always runs smoothly but hopefully it can be resolved before I'm out for the evening. Otherwise I'll have to catch up in early hours and tomorrow.

Definitely just forum for me too!

Ickihun - Giverny isn't currently engaged in form matters, and is therefore unlikely to see your tag or respond. Anything to be escalated should be via myself.

Reactions: ickihun

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just heard the forum performance should have improved now.

The forum is now just so massive these days, and there is other work in progress to significantly improve aspects of the performance, especially when essential maintenance work is carried out in the background but I have no delivery dates for those to share. As you can imagine work, such as a full back up is a somewhat bigger than our domestic set ups.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use my iPad, less than a year old or iPhone, just over a year old. Loading times are variable via Safari sometimes painfully slow. The apps on both iPad and iPhone are always frustratingly slow :meh:

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am using it now and it is fast. How long that will last...