1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Website Response times

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by DavidGrahamJones, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Struma

Struma Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@DCUKMod For me, on an iPad, site has been up to usual speed, all the time, for a few days now, thank you.

New change today: the information area for posters (is it called signature area?) has become scrollable. This is good, can move through things quicker, thank you.

2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

It would also help if some of the signatures were a lot shorter!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

The signature issue has been resolved earlier today, thankfully. Any signatures over 150 pixels in height will now be cut off, but you can still scroll them up and down to reveal the rest of whatever's written there.

As for the site speed, we're working on moving everything over to faster servers - would you believe that we've outgrown our previous upgrade in just 4 years? :eek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

1420 3/8: Logged on quickly, but posting ratings is slow.

5. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes easy to believe, try to get fast SSD (flush disks), lots of RAM for the membase cache and MySql also see if you can offload outgoing emails sending to a different server. You need a MySQL expert as part of the team so MySQL can be tuned correctly.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

1520 4/8 All good today.

7. Bluetit1802

At about 5pm it froze. I replied to a post but couldn't post the reply. I tried to open a new tab but got the error message the site wasn't responding.

Tried again about 5-30pm all was well

About 6pm it ground to a halt again.

8. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Still slow to move from the forum front page to the recent posts page, took nearly two minutes last night my time.

I have noticed that the "Admins" have collapsed the signatures into a scrollable form, about time this was done as some sigs (including my own) are pretty lengthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

0630 5/8: All is well.

10. Bluetit1802

10-30am and all is well

11. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Has been so much better this week than last weekend especially.. hope this means a cure has been found!

Thanks again to all the people who work hard behind the scenes to keep this amazing resource going.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, there has been a huge amount of focus on this over the last 2-3 weeks, since the really acute slowness struck, and the current solution seems to be working well for most people. Of course there will be the odd time when any of us experiences a lag, for whatever reason, but by-and-large, things seem to have been better.

There are some long-time scheduled changes afoot; which it is considered will lead to a greater stability and be a better long-term fix.

We are a rapidly expanding community, across the forum, LC, Hypo and other educational programmes, so I'm guessing it can be tricky to keep up with. In some ways the forum has been a victim of it's own success in recent times.

It is very safe to say that the site owners appreciate the support we give the place and are very keen to continue to support and improve things for the members of the forum, and for diabetics in general.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Glenmac

Glenmac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

All fine here.Many thanks for all your work behind the scenes.You are all appreciated,what a fantastic resource!Thankyou.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook