Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
First time on since this morning and it seems to be loading fine, how long for is anyone's guess............:rolleyes:

Reactions: Peppergirl

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Its gone very slow now - it just took me three attempts to post a reply and quite a long while to get on to this thread.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too. I am giving up. Maybe the site wouldn't be so large and unmanageable if DCUK closed all the dormant accounts? I noticed one member who has been banned was mentioned on the 'today's birthday list' . A bit of an insult really 'Happy Birthday, you're still banned'. So thoughtful. :rolleyes:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, it's gone slow again, mostly on the alerts button, rely button, smilies and the "like" buttons.

@zand I didn't even know there is a birthday list. Just had a nosy and only recognise 2 or 3 of the names.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too. I am giving up. Maybe the site wouldn't be so large and unmanageable if DCUK closed all the dormant accounts? I noticed one member who has been banned was mentioned on the 'today's birthday list' . A bit of an insult really 'Happy Birthday, you're still banned'. So thoughtful. :rolleyes:
Yep, it's gone slow again, mostly on the alerts button, rely button, smilies and the "like" buttons.

@zand I didn't even know there is a birthday list. Just had a nosy and only recognise 2 or 3 of the names.
Ooo, where's the birthday list?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_0622.PNG
It's on the members page (navigation bar at top)
Me being stupid I'm sure but I can't find it :confused: I'm just on an iPad maybe that's why?

D

Deleted member 308541

It's like this nearly every day, either in the morning or evening my time (AEST).

I am a member of a forum that has as many if not more members guests online at any one time and they never have problems. Cloud servers are the way to go @Administrator etc.

Membership

777,709 registered members
12,585 visited in past 24 hrs
92 members online now
351 guests visiting now

The quoted stuff is what is showing now at 5:40 am AEST

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's like this nearly every day, either in the morning or evening my time (AEST).

I am a member of a forum that has as many if not more members guests online at any one time and they never have problems. Cloud servers are the way to go @Administrator etc.

The quoted stuff is what is showing now at 5:40 am AEST

Tipetoo - I think it's probably fair to say that all sites undergo maintenance and will try to limit that to less busy times, which unfortunately for our Antipodean members is likely their premium hours.

D

Deleted member 308541

I think it's probably fair to say that all sites undergo maintenance and will try to limit that to less busy times
They must do a hell of a lot of maintenance then, it's up and down like my fasting bgl.

This is the slowest website I have been to in years, the links on the front page for the recipes hardly work as well for the past year I have been a member here, so much for maintenance. :meh:

S

serenity648

I have to agree with the others. Very, very slow. Just the forum. I am on a huge crafting forum, millions of members, no problems with speed.

I often give up trying and have a go again a few hours later.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's fine as I write this, but much of the time it is slow. The problem for me is mainly the internal links. It can't all be down to maintenance as it happens too often and at different times of the day. I have given up many a time.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, @Bluetit1802 - I'm sure everything isn't down to maintenance, but there was a big mandatory maintenance job running for a considerable period of today.

There are plans afoot for a general forum update to the infrastructure which it is hoped with improve matters, but I can't share dates at this stage.

Reactions: Bluetit1802