Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning - again managed to squeeze in a walk before the rain arrived.

Met an old friend for coffee yesterday afternoon and against my better judgement I let her talk me into a slice of cake. Took the rest of the day for BG to recover to usual levels. And - I didn't even enjoy it that much - tasted far too sweet. Live and learn.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
8.3 today, another night with a sore back still and lots of dreaming. Had another read of Dr Michael Mosley's book the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet and I'm back on some of his suggested meals. Looking for a better result tomorrow.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning comrades I had a few spells of bad cramps in my legs during the night so not sure if this has contributed to my higher readings this morning of 8.7 @ 7-30 :wacky:.
Wishing you all a great day:)
Hello, sorry to hear of your cramp. Painful.:grumpy:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning - again managed to squeeze in a walk before the rain arrived.

Met an old friend for coffee yesterday afternoon and against my better judgement I let her talk me into a slice of cake. Took the rest of the day for BG to recover to usual levels. And - I didn't even enjoy it that much - tasted far too sweet. Live and learn.
My sense of taste has changed too. A happy lesson to learn, you don't have to "resist" cake in the future. You won't be missing anything.:) A very nice 4.9:happy::happy:

Reactions: Polgara

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
My friend makes her own. No nasties can creep in that way. Can find out what she puts in it if you like :)

That would be good I've tried doing my own but never works out the same and I asked the guys at Morrisons as well how they do it but maybe they didn't tell all