Website Response times

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@DCUKMod For me, on an iPad, site has been up to usual speed, all the time, for a few days now, thank you.

New change today: the information area for posters (is it called signature area?) has become scrollable. This is good, can move through things quicker, thank you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New change today: the information area for posters (is it called signature area?) has become scrollable. This is good, can move through things quicker, thank you.

It would also help if some of the signatures were a lot shorter!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
It would also help if some of the signatures were a lot shorter!
The signature issue has been resolved earlier today, thankfully. Any signatures over 150 pixels in height will now be cut off, but you can still scroll them up and down to reveal the rest of whatever's written there.

As for the site speed, we're working on moving everything over to faster servers - would you believe that we've outgrown our previous upgrade in just 4 years? :eek:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
1420 3/8: Logged on quickly, but posting ratings is slow.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As for the site speed, we're working on moving everything over to faster servers - would you believe that we've outgrown our previous upgrade in just 4 years? :eek:

Yes easy to believe, try to get fast SSD (flush disks), lots of RAM for the membase cache and MySql also see if you can offload outgoing emails sending to a different server. You need a MySQL expert as part of the team so MySQL can be tuned correctly.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At about 5pm it froze. I replied to a post but couldn't post the reply. I tried to open a new tab but got the error message the site wasn't responding.

Tried again about 5-30pm all was well

About 6pm it ground to a halt again.

D

Deleted member 308541

Still slow to move from the forum front page to the recent posts page, took nearly two minutes last night my time.

I have noticed that the "Admins" have collapsed the signatures into a scrollable form, about time this was done as some sigs (including my own) are pretty lengthy.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has been so much better this week than last weekend especially.. hope this means a cure has been found!

Thanks again to all the people who work hard behind the scenes to keep this amazing resource going.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, there has been a huge amount of focus on this over the last 2-3 weeks, since the really acute slowness struck, and the current solution seems to be working well for most people. Of course there will be the odd time when any of us experiences a lag, for whatever reason, but by-and-large, things seem to have been better.

There are some long-time scheduled changes afoot; which it is considered will lead to a greater stability and be a better long-term fix.

We are a rapidly expanding community, across the forum, LC, Hypo and other educational programmes, so I'm guessing it can be tricky to keep up with. In some ways the forum has been a victim of it's own success in recent times.

It is very safe to say that the site owners appreciate the support we give the place and are very keen to continue to support and improve things for the members of the forum, and for diabetics in general.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, there has been a huge amount of focus on this over the last 2-3 weeks, since the really acute slowness struck, and the current solution seems to be working well for most people. Of course there will be the odd time when any of us experiences a lag, for whatever reason, but by-and-large, things seem to have been better.

There are some long-time scheduled changes afoot; which it is considered will lead to a greater stability and be a better long-term fix.

We are a rapidly expanding community, across the forum, LC, Hypo and other educational programmes, so I'm guessing it can be tricky to keep up with. In some ways the forum has been a victim of it's own success in recent times.

It is very safe to say that the site owners appreciate the support we give the place and are very keen to continue to support and improve things for the members of the forum, and for diabetics in general.
All fine here.Many thanks for all your work behind the scenes.You are all appreciated,what a fantastic resource!Thankyou.