Website Response times

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
The only thing fast about this forum website is how rapidly it is becoming unusable.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awww Zand. It is very slow, but it doesn't take a few months to load ;)
Maybe it does now lol. Despite trying several times to read the thread I mentioned earlier it hasn't yet loaded. I have tried to open new PM that I received, but can't read that either. I give up. :mad:

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I am ready to chuck it...ridiculous problems for a site of such significance to members. Over the past two days or so, using desktop, laptop or mobile...could not even get to the log in page...and when I finally did, comments/replies I tried to post failed as the page just locked up. When it is working, the speed varies very badly. Surely, technical staff can sort this. New members must be wondering if the site is even still going!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got on today ok...just wanted to to kick something last night though! Surely, the site management team are aware of this issue; why are they not resolving it? The site is great in every way (and I think actually very important) except this. Thanks for the encouragement though. I don't want to abandon it but I am not the world's most patient person when it comes to this kind of thing.

Moved by moderator (by request) to appropriate thread.

Pleinster - You can take it from me, if it could be resolved it would be. There is a lot of effort going into dealing with this, so please be patient. I can't imagine the techies' lives are too comfortable at the moment either.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The site's been kinda twitchy, but, recalling from my early years that my only source of of information was getting a copy of Balance in the post every few months (yes, young people, we lived without phones in those days!), I'll stick with it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The site's been kinda twitchy, but, recalling from my early years that my only source of of information was getting a copy of Balance in the post every few months (yes, young people, we lived without phones in those days!), I'll stick with it.

Scott - you comment about living without phones made me laugh.

To stay on topic; my access/use was pretty sludgy to say the least, this morning, but it has mainly been better since mid-afternoon.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to go along same lines as @Scott-C on this one. I'm at an age where I say what's the rush? What I have here in front of me at the moment is amazing, so what if it takes a bit longer. Contemplate life instead of moaning. Go back a few years.
2 pence piece in a pis*y phone box. A letter through the letterbox. This was the www not so long ago.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got on today ok...just wanted to to kick something last night though! Surely, the site management team are aware of this issue; why are they not resolving it? The site is great in every way (and I think actually very important) except this. Thanks for the encouragement though. I don't want to abandon it but I am not the world's most patient person when it comes to this kind of thing.

Moved by moderator (by request) to appropriate thread.
As this post has been moved it's obviously been read which leads me to hope improvement may be made?:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 308541

Waiting for www.diabetes.co.uk to become a speedier forum to visit, just like the other forums I am a member of.

I suppose as it is effecting members from the UK it's not the "Antipodes Effect" (like a liver dump except in reverse) taking place as suggested by that moderator feller.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think @Tipetoo has highlighted a point . The forum is slow compared to others, yet he still comes back.
Quality takes time.

D

Deleted member 308541

I think @Tipetoo has highlighted a point . The forum is slow compared to others, yet he still comes back.
Quality takes time.
The other forums I go to are not diabetic forums though, and I prefer this forum to the other diabetic related one.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Be nice to know just what is the hold up

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The other forums I go to are not diabetic forums though, and I prefer this forum to the other diabetic related one.
I also occasionally visit another diabetic forum, but it is poor for want of a better word. It may respond quicker but speed doesn't match the satisfaction I expect.
Still I think it's brilliant that we are on opposite sides of the world and are " talking to each other ". G'day my friend.

kimlala

Here I am back on my phone posting responses. Either my computer is on verge of collapse (won't type properly, but only for this forum) or, I don't know. Literally, had to pound keys, only to find I posted twice. Lol Fustrated and back on phone. For reasons unknown, I can access forum much easier with phone. :) Downfall being phone periodically changes spelling or words.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here I am back on my phone posting responses. Either my computer is on verge of collapse (won't type properly, but only for this forum) or, I don't know. Literally, had to pound keys, only to find I posted twice. Lol Fustrated and back on phone. For reasons unknown, I can access forum much easier with phone. :) Downfall being phone periodically changes spelling or words.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

As a matter of interest, are you using the App or browser on your phone?

Reactions: kimlala

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Be nice to know just what is the hold up

Agreed @Mike D - if someone would just post some kind of explanation as to what the problem/s is/are, I would feel that at least it was definitely being addressed rather than us all just being left to wonder (once we have, very frustratingly, ruled out problems with our own equipment). As for others who may think this is just a moan...a slow system is one thing but not being able to log in for days is another altogether. It is also very annoying to say the least when you have written a fairly lengthy and detailed response to someone who needs help directly only to find that your words refuse to budge or they vanish altogether after maybe ten minutes of a screen faking some buffering activity. I don't see why a statement can't be made to put us in the picture to some extent. I expect to use the site less as this goes on purely to avoid getting totally hacked off...but that hacks me off too.

Reactions: kimlala

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mike D and @pleinster - A couple of days ago, @Administrator wrote the following:

Administrator wrote: We have isolated an issue with the caching and so expect refreshing the cache to solve the problem. Refreshing/building the cache is something that slows the forum down so we are in the process of doing this incrementally as to not absolutely effect access/use of the forum. Will send more information as it comes.

For me, there are two salient things in Admin's post. Firstly, an issue has been identified, and a correction is being worked on incrementally so as not to further impact access to the site. From this I am working on the understanding that the alternative is to take the site down.

Secondly, Admin states he will send more information when it comes.

From discussions with HO, I understand the issue is receiving a lot of attention from the appropriate people.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
@Mike D and @pleinster - A couple of days ago, @Administrator wrote the following:

Administrator wrote: We have isolated an issue with the caching and so expect refreshing the cache to solve the problem. Refreshing/building the cache is something that slows the forum down so we are in the process of doing this incrementally as to not absolutely effect access/use of the forum. Will send more information as it comes.

For me, there are two salient things in Admin's post. Firstly, an issue has been identified, and a correction is being worked on incrementally so as not to further impact access to the site. From this I am working on the understanding that the alternative is to take the site down.

Secondly, Admin states he will send more information when it comes.

From discussions with HO, I understand the issue is receiving a lot of attention from the appropriate people.

Thanks for that. Does the administrator post this kind of info somewhere that we can easily see that there is an issue with the site outside of the usual maintenance to be expected...so that we are aware of it to prevent us looking for faults with out own equipment? It is always reassuring to know a problematic matter is in hand. Thanks again.