AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Angelloubjr33 ..
None that I am aware of but I'm sure that others may know of some .. and, for me, I wouldn't eat cereal anyway because of the high carb content

Reactions: Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most (dare I say all!) breakfast cereals are best avoided for Type 2's. They are usually sugar and carbohydrate packed bundles of poison. Far better to have some scrambled eggs.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My best guess would be nothing. At a pinch, Irish/ Steel cut oatmeal might do more good than harm, but I won't be trying it again.
I suppose if it really has to be branded cereal, then all bran is very high fibre, and that might be something some people could try, but I *really* wouldn't recommend it coz the carbs must be off the scale!

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My best guess would be nothing. At a pinch, Irish/ Steel cut oatmeal might do more good than harm, but I won't be trying it again.
I suppose if it really has to be branded cereal, then all bran is very high fibre, and that might be something some people could try, but I *really* wouldn't recommend it coz the carbs must be off the scale!
What do you have for your breakfast then I got told that weetabix is ok but my my blood sugar go up ??

Reactions: joss.t2

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What do you have for breakfast ??

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Most (dare I say all!) breakfast cereals are best avoided for Type 2's. They are usually sugar and carbohydrate packed bundles of poison. Far better to have some scrambled eggs.
What do you have for breakfast?? I’m at a lost as what to have I had poched egg this morning on a brown thin but can’t eat that every day

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me? I don't eat breakfast just have 2 mugs of tea with lactofree milk when i get up then a coffee with double cream between 11 and 12.
I try to extend my overnight fast to give my insulin production a rest.
Why would a poached egg (or two) every morning be worse than some bland sugary cereal? Just ditch the bread.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Me? I don't eat breakfast just have 2 mugs of tea with lactofree milk when i get up then a coffee with double cream between 11 and 12.
I try to extend my overnight fast to give my insulin production a rest.
Why would a poached egg (or two) every morning be worse than some bland sugary cereal? Just ditch the bread.
Don’t think I could eat eggs without something with it

S

serenity648

do you have a blood sugar meter? You could test your levels before a meal, then 2 hours after to find out if that meal is Ok for your to eat. Paging @daisy1 as she has excellent advice for newcomers.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good advice from @serenity648 but in the meantime, if you don't liked cooked stuff for breakfast there is full fat yogurt with a few raspberries, strawberries or nuts. I usually have an egg as part of my breakfast but alternate between fried, scrambled, poached and omelette for variety.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
do you have a blood sugar meter? You could test your levels before a meal, then 2 hours after to find out if that meal is Ok for your to eat. Paging @daisy1 as she has excellent advice for newcomers.
Yes have blood sugar meter and to start off with my reading was 18.6 and have managed to get it down to lowest 9.6 but just want some ideas on what to eat especially breakfast as really struggling and can’t keep having eggs as playing my ibs up also snacks etc any advice I will be grateful for

S

serenity648

Yes have blood sugar meter and to start off with my reading was 18.6 and have managed to get it down to lowest 9.6 but just want some ideas on what to eat especially breakfast as really struggling and can’t keep having eggs as playing my ibs up also snacks etc any advice I will be grateful for
That is great progress. How long have you been testing for? it can sometimes take a few weeks or more for our levels to go down. I dont have breakfast myself. I have a mug of hot milk and a teaspoon of instant coffee in it, and thats it until lunchtime.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That is great progress. How long have you been testing for? it can sometimes take a few weeks or more for our levels to go down. I dont have breakfast myself. I have a mug of hot milk and a teaspoon of instant coffee in it, and thats it until lunchtime.
I have been properly testing for the last 4 days as my diebeties was out of control I suffer with depression and on bad days eat what I shouldn't and it's had an effect so big wake up call so now trying to lose weight and eat healthy to get my diebeties back under control just finding it hard to know what I can and can't have

Reactions: Guzzler